America's Best Christian,Betty Bowers, mourns Ronnie Reagan

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
Betty Bowers' Ministry Newsletter for June 2004

Dear Readers:

It's mourning in America. I don't know if you have heard, but Ronald Reagan is dead. I'm crying as I type. As if developing a touching, sympathetic symptom to honor our affably vague former President, the nation has collectively keened its way into a state of its own historic Alzheimer's. For example, Reagan is suddenly, miraculously more popular than Clinton was when he left office.

Ronnie discovered the elusiveness of recollection, with adroit perspicacity, within moments of being asked what he knew about illegal Iran-Contra activities. It is, of course, truly sad that Mr. Reagan lost his memory. Wouldn't he be ever so surprised to know that he must have left it lying around somewhere in the White House? Indeed, George W. Bush seems to have stumbled upon it. Why, he is almost certainly using Mr. Regan's memory right now. Probably not in homage. More likely as something more akin to identity theft.

Yes, the description "The Great Communicator" may be somewhat of a stretch for a New Haven, Texas buckaroo who speaks with such fluidity and phrasing it sounds as if he is reciting what is being hesitantly pecked out by someone who has never seen a typewriter before.

Nevertheless, the comparisons are not all farfetched. For example, both men turned their noses up at the idea of "Big Government," while embracing its reality with a gusto that would have made Nikita Khrushchev's head spin. And neither was a military man who fought the enemy in his generation's big war -- he just played one on TV.

So close to Jesus, I allow Him to cash a check for $60 over the face amount without photo ID,

Mrs. Betty Bowers,
America's Best Christian
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 352 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:08 am
once again Betty catches the moment.
0 Replies

cjhsa