chai2

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 01:16 pm
I've pour resin on some wooden pieces I'm working with (Envirotex Lite).

My skills are getting better with this, but of course there's a learning curve.

My problem is that on some of the pieces, I overpoured. Some of the resin spread around to the back of the piece. While it isn't something that would generally be seen, it's unacceptable to me.

I'm going to be using these pieces for demo purposes, where no one will see the back, but I would like to be able to correct this type of thing quickly, if it happens with a piece I want to use.

It takes the resin at least 48 hours to cure, so I can't be messing with the pieces during that time, or they might become totally useless.

I also don't want to tack on another 48 hours by adding a little resin to the back of the piece, to even it out. Although I can work with the pieces after maybe 24 hours, that would still add a lot of time to completion.

There isn't enough resin on the back to raise the surface, since that area hadn't been prepped. It's soaked in and changed the color.

What kind of really quick drying materiel i.e. a stain can I apply to even it out? I don't want to paint it.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,704 • Replies: 1
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 06:03 pm
@chai2,
woot!

I may have found a solution.

I'm going to cover the back of the piece, or if a a larger piece, at the bottom edges, with scotch tape.

If any resin bleeds over, it'll come off when I remove the tape.
0 Replies