Ashcroft refuses to provide Congress memos on use of torture

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:41 am
How so, au1929?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:49 am
How so. Because even the administration is not touting an AlQaeda /Saddam connection nor the claim that they invaded Iraq because of WMD's. The byword now is humanitarian reasons. "We will kill you to set you free.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:53 am
They are not touting it, I agree, but at the same time, they have not forgotten it either.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
McG
They would like old soldiers it "just fade away".
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:09 am
Quit using the black swan argument McG.

'You can't claim there were no WMD, we just haven't found them yet. You can't say there were no Al-Queada ties, we just haven't found them yet.'

'You can't claim there are no black swans, we just haven't found them yet.'

Do you see how silly your argument is now? Remember, Sadaam not only had WMD, he was an immediate threat to other nations.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:20 am
45 minutes away........
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:21 am
McGentrix will defend anything bushinc does because that's who he is.

Had he lived in WWII Germany he would put his skills as a teacher to work for the party educating young germans on duty to country and elimination of jews.

That is my honest opinion.

I state my opinion not as a personal attack but to illustrate that you cannot reason or argue with a person whose beliefs are set that strongly.

This is how the nation has become divided. 9/11 was merely the watershed moment that brought out the real person who was already living in each citizen IMO.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:43 am
I think it happened about 1992 or so BPB -
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:48 am
BillW wrote:
I think it happened about 1992 or so BPB -

can you be more specific?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:52 am
Quote:
McGentrix will defend anything bushinc does because that's who he is.

Had he lived in WWII Germany he would put his skills as a teacher to work for the party educating young germans on duty to country and elimination of jews.

That is my honest opinion.

I read this, and spent a while thinking about it before I decided to reply. Unfortunately, and I hate having to say this about an intelligent person, I am forced to agree with you.

I'm not calling McG a facist. But, some of the things he says, sure sound like the views that facists have held historically.

The fact that he claims to represent the American way just makes me kind of sad. Life must be really different deep in the heart of the Adirondacks than it is in the rest of America...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:10 am
I want to be careful not to make this a personal attack.

I am merely speaking of a type of emerging into the mainstream American citizen I believe our friend to be in the vanguard of. It's scary.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:12 am
I am glad the Marxists disagree with my opinions. It makes me better about myself...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:18 am
Quote:
I am glad the Marxists disagree with my opinions. It makes me better about myself...

How very true to your form, McG. No good responses to what we say, so you take a shot at the messengers by calling us communists. You do realize that you are proving our point for us with that statement, don't you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:22 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'm not calling McG a facist. But, some of the things he says, sure sound like the views that facists have held historically.

The fact that he claims to represent the American way just makes me kind of sad. Life must be really different deep in the heart of the Adirondacks than it is in the rest of America...

Cycloptichorn

Fascsm Anyone? is really worth reading.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:24 am
Wow, great article, thanks W.H.!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:25 am
No good response to what you say?!?

What am I supposed to do , thank you for calling me a Nazi and a Jew hater? That's what you have done, whether it was meant to offend or not.

Neither of you have addressed my original statements defending Bush, merely commented on my world view as being fascist and now have the gall to say I am insulting YOU?!

GIVE ME A ******* BREAK!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:28 am
McGentrix wrote:

What am I supposed to do , thank you for calling me a Nazi and a Jew hater? That's what you have done, whether it was meant to offend or not.

Neither of you have addressed my original statements defending Bush, merely commented on my world view as being fascist and now have the gall to say I am insulting YOU?!

GIVE ME A **** BREAK!

you've missed the point to no great surprise.

not a nazi and a jew hater, that would take real and analytical thought. Just a person who latches on to whatever party line your leaders spew and follow it blindly and with the devotion of a well trained hound, even into the abyss, offering and sacrificing all your talents in support of it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:32 am
<points to the above post and nods>

We don't have anything against you, McG. I'm just telling you what you sound like. I'm not trying to demonize you, just to make you realize that when the opinions you consistently espouse are eerily reminiscent of those held by supporters of fascist regimes, you may either want to A) re-think some of your positions, or B) quit calling yourself an American.

Cycloptichorn

On edit: Yes, I did respond to your defense of Bush. I told you that you were using a 'black swan' argument, which is not sound structure. I told you not to appeal to extremes, of course there are national defense secrets that must be kept, but this is not one of them. I told you that there is a responsiblity for transparency. Those all seem like responses to me.

Read W.H.'s article on Facism and tell me that you don't resemble anything written there.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

GIVE ME A **** BREAK!

you've missed the point to no great surprise.

not a nazi and a jew hater, that would take real and analytical thought. Just a person who latches on to whatever party line your leaders spew and follow it blindly and with the devotion of a well trained hound, even into the abyss, offering and sacrificing all your talents in support of it.

Explain to me the point of saying "Had he lived in WWII Germany he would put his skills as a teacher to work for the party educating young germans on duty to country and elimination of jews. " if not to imply what I said? You can say you meant whatever you want, but what you wrote is what you wrote.

Are you implying that you are not guilty of the same exact thing you accuse me of? Your party leaders rhetoric seems to be an exact quote of the sewage you spout here daily. So why not get off your arrogantly high horse and join us mere mortals discussing the issues?

Cycloptichorn, kiss my hairy, white ass. That is if you can get your lips off Bear's.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:40 am
Great response there, quite mature of you. If this were a debate, you would have just dropped all my points and lost.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies