Joanne Dorel in Massachusetts

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:45 pm
Good news, bad news, and better news and a maybe. Because all Bostonian and North East Coasters seem like close personnel friends since my early Abuzz days I thought I would let you all know what is going on and why I have not been on the boards.

The good news is that I am so happy to be back in California; San Diego is so familiar to me since I spent a large part of my child hood here and of course there is that weather thingy. Things some things have changed but not as much as they might be if I ventured very far out of the Balboa Park area - an older and familiar part of the city for me. I have been on many wonderful walking tours the last two weeks.

The bad news I have cancelled my trip to Amherst and the Friend's Yearly Gathering. Instead I am attending the Friend's Pacific Yearly gathering in the Santa Cruz Mountains at the Madonna Mountain retreat overlooking the Monterey Peninsula.

I am so disappointed but am hoping to make it out your way in October after the Austin get together. I am desperate to meet all of you and I have relatives and friends in New York, Philly, and Delaware that I need to visit. So if I can manage it I will try a really big trip in October.

Finally, the better news and I hope you will all understand. This is the first time in my life I have ever changed plans with friends for a man. But there is a first time for everything. It's true, there is a man in my life (not that I need a man to be happy) but I am in love, and for the first time in 15 years feel not lost. In fact I feel safe and secure. Happy is a good thing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:52 pm
Congratulations, JD, although I'm disappointed we won't be seeing you. I'm very happy for the reason, of course! :-D
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:02 pm
Well you influenced my decision, hehe, it is my memory of how you describe how you and Mr. Jespah (he gave me persmission to call him Mr. Jespah) met and fell in love all at once.

Since I admire and respect both of you and your relationship I decided to take the chance. It is a big step and a suprising one for me. But if you could see me you would see the glow.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 09:47 pm
Oh! Oh! Dammit, I keep getting upstaged by men! Rolling Eyes But, seriously, I am, very happy for you! This is great news. Is it anyone we know?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:09 pm
Nope he does not A2k is actually my highschool sweet heart. But is a Yankee born in CT.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:51 pm
Wow, how romantic!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:44 am
Awright, Joanne!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:03 am
Oh my Embarrassed

:-D So glad it's workin' out!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 04:52 pm
great news, JD!
see ya in october...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:37 pm
A man?!? Shocked Upstaged by a MAN?!?

hehehe Okies. Well, mebbe the October thing will work out. Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:58 pm
But you will always be my fishin man, fishin man. The first person I met on line thanks to Sugar. Remember?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:44 am
Those Yankees will get ya everytime.

October is in our thoughts then and congrats to you, glad to hear all is well.
0 Replies