Please proofread and edit this paragraph taken from a college application essay.

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 07:18 am
I truly value the critical thinking and analytical skills fostered in the University of X. It would be immensely exciting for me to play a dynamic role in fostering these skills even further. At the X campus, societies such as the Y Society provide an opportunity to share my own experiences with promoting critical thinking and skepticism in India. I have personally tried to cultivate critical thinking and skepticism in my own country; inevitably, I was met with strong resistance. This resistance propelled me to expand my knowledge of human behavior and attitude and enhance my interpersonal skills. My expansion of knowledge, I believe, helped make my ways of reaching out to people more inclusive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 484 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2015 01:13 pm
@brainbrain,
Unless you're a major political or other famous figure, you haven't been trying to influence thinking in your country - try town or city or school. You're overstating your possible influence, and making it sound like you're arrogant and unrealistic.
0 Replies