The Dirty Dozen? Nah! The Dirty Ten

Letty

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:27 pm
Wow! Take a look:

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/dirtiestfoods/dirtiestfoods&floc=HR-1_T

Some of these food groups we know about. Others surprised me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,190 • Replies: 30
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:37 pm
Rolling Eyes We are too focused on bacteria control right now. All that anti-bacterial crap we buy just weakens our natural immune system by killing the natural good bacteria in us which fights these sorts of things. I say grrrrr....Men's Health is really just Cosmo for guys anyway. There are a lot of presuppositions here without any links to proof, or where they found these studies. I get a little angry when rags like this print a "scare the public" article regarding food.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:40 pm
What a relief! Pizza's not on there.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:50 pm
Hey, Cav. Believe it or not, I know about the good bacteria. I just take normal precautions with my food. I just thought it interesting that scallions were on the list. I'm most definitely with you on building the immune system.

George, for some odd reason, I have never been a nut over Pizza, but I luvs those hairy little anchovies.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
cav,

I agree completely, we are so pumped full of antibiotics that the normal every day bacteria baffle our weakened immune systems. The Medical profession and Agribusiness are destroying the immune systems of animals and humans alike.

Sam
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
My immune system must be just fine then because I eat all that stuff except oysters.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:32 pm
Montana,

Just out of curiosity, how often do you take antibiotics?

Sam
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:52 pm
Never.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
Montana,

No antibiotics, cool. You should have a perfectly functioning immune system. Congratulations, well done.

Sam
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
Actually, I've only had ground turkey twice and I never buy pre packed salad.

I've taken antibiotics for ear infections, strep throat, and stuff like that in the past, but I haven't taken antibiotics for anything in about 10 years now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:59 pm
Sam1951 wrote:
Montana,

No antibiotics, cool. You should have a perfectly functioning immune system. Congratulations, well done.

Sam

Thanks Sam. I drink a lot of Juice which seems to keep me on the healthy side.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:23 pm
I prefer my oysters a la rockefeller, otherwise all the rest of those items have been happy residents in my fridge for years . I guess I should be worried?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:23 pm
I agree with cav. I eat ground turkey, cantaloupes, fat free thinly sliced deli ham and scalions. I'm not giving them up for anything! Some people would have us believe that everything we eat is bad for us. Rolling Eyes

The next thing you know kids won't be allowed to eat cupcakes in school. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:30 pm
Montana,

Go for it! If I feel a something coming on it's eachinacea and sage tea. Works like a charm.

Sam
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:32 pm
<just don't recommend any of that tea to someone with pollen allergies, Sam>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:33 pm
Sam1951 wrote:
Montana,

Go for it! If I feel a something coming on it's eachinacea and sage tea. Works like a charm.

Sam

That's the way to go ;-)
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:37 pm
ehBeth,

Nope! For pollen allergies you take honey from hives as close to your area as you can manage. The raw ( never heated) honey has enzymes that help break down the pollen and render it harmless.

Sam
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:41 pm
You tryin' to kill me, Sam? Evil or Very Mad
I tried that raw honey approach many years ago - I ended up in emerg from the reaction to the pollen.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:49 pm
ehBeth

Yikes! You poor dear, please please don't do that again. We need you. It usually works to make the allergies better, sorry it worked the way it did for you. It sounds like you have the allergies from HELL. I sure hope you have something that works.
I have a friend who can't even be around shellfish. The Doc told her that If she so much as eats a french fry cooked in the sam oil as shrimp she won't make it to the ER.

Sam
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:52 pm
Wow! How did such a harmless thread turn into:

Na na na na na na. I take antibiotics and you don't.

Or the inverse thereof:

I don't take those willful pills.

Seems as though no one can say one damn thing that doesn't turn in to some Big me Little you.
0 Replies