What is Your HONEST Definition of What a WOMAN is?

BillW

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 10:48 pm
ferrous, second time was to correct my failure, first time was because well - hell no offense intended.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2003 11:34 pm
My wife is a WOMAN. She is my best friend, lover, and life long companion. We are the parents of two, healthy, and intelligent sons. We've been married for forty years, and she's still my best friend, lover, and life long companion. c.i.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:46 am
Now that's an honest definition of what a woman is...here, here...I second that C.I. Razz
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:18 am
c.i. thanks! Even though I have only been married for 6 years (after many failures), your definition works with me to a T, except 2 daughters and one son!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 11:48 pm
Definition of a woman? Run your cursor across this picture.

http://65.54.244.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=e67d8ca2346d36e42fbf5de218b30a07&lat=1045806139&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2etoilet%2dhumor%2enet%2fcartoon%2ehtml
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 07:41 am
A woman is what every heterosexual man wants to be able to live without, but can't. Very Happy
0 Replies

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 07:04 am
C.I. I was unable to open your link. Sad
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:53 am
Main Entry: wom·an
Pronunciation: 'wu-m&n, esp Southern 'wO- or 'w&-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural wom·en /'wi-m&n/
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English wIfman, from wIf woman, wife + man human being, man
Date: before 12th century
1 a : an adult female person b : a woman belonging to a particular category (as by birth, residence, membership, or occupation) -- usually used in combination <councilwoman>
2 : WOMANKIND
3 : distinctively feminine nature : WOMANLINESS
4 : a female servant or personal attendant
5 a chiefly dialect : WIFE b : MISTRESS c : GIRLFRIEND
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:34 pm
bib, Probably just as well. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:35 pm
bib, Hotmail made it "inactive." Sorry. c.i.
0 Replies

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:52 pm
Bill: definition #4 is interesting.
0 Replies

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:53 pm
C.I. thanks...better luck next time.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:05 pm
noticed that too, good thing I can point to M-W, whew!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 02:32 pm
OOO-um good! c.i.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 11:51 am
a person like any other but carrying a higher concentration of estrogen in the system than the other half of the population except for postmenopausal women of course. Given to variations in personality, lifestyle and opinion in proportion with the rest of the population. Given the unique gift/responsibility of baring children.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 12:25 pm
A woman is a person who is a female adult human being. Most but not all women have two X-chromosomes. Most but not all have female reproductive systems, but the ability to bear children is not what makes us women and hysterectomies and/or mastectomies do not negate our womanhood. Those who choose not to bear children and those who have ten kids are equally women. Those who became female through surgery and drugs are women.

But I don't think that the questioner was looking for a biological definition. So what traits define us as women?

You can describe your image of the perfect woman and worship the goddesses created by Hollywood, but very few of us measure up to those ideals. A woman is not defined as someone with a beautiful face, curvaceous figure and long hair, although she may be admired for having them. Women can be old and ugly, too.

Wearing dresses, makeup, and high heels does not make you a woman. Transvestites may mimic the outward appearance and behavior of women, but aren't women. Women can wear fatigues and combat boots and shoot to kill without losing their gender identity.

In the past, women have been constrained to behave in certain ways, but "feminine" behavior does not make you a woman. We may be nurturing, callous, deferential, aggressive, calm, unpredictable, emotional, logical, ladylike, alluring, but no matter how we behave, we are women. You might not approve of the way we behave, but we aren't here just to please you so get over it.

The role we play in life does not make us women. A woman can be a world leader, scientist, nurse, stock broker, farmer, astronaut, teacher, nun, atheist, artist, mechanic, or anything else. We may or may not be feminists, wives or mothers. We may be of any political persuasion, religion, or worldview. We are not all soccer moms, and yes, we can think for ourselves and make wise decisions. It is incredible to me that women in this country were denied the right to vote until 1920.

We are individuals who have female bodies but as wide a range of interests and abilities as people with penises. Although we may choose to be your playmates, housekeepers, child bearers, and nurturers, we expect to be treated as equal human beings. We want to be loved for who we are, respected for what we can do, and free to live up to our own standards, not yours.

In short, we do not have to look or act a certain way to be a woman. A woman is anyone who identifies herself as one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 12:41 pm
Here's the true American definition of a woman. She gets paid 75 percent of the wages of a man. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 09:08 pm
These are all "women."

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

Don't get your knickers in a knot.
Nothing is solved and it only makes you walk funny. - Kathryn Carpenter

Too much of a good thing...can be wonderful. - Mae West

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. - Madonna

If you don't have anything nice to say about anyone....
come sit by me. - Alice Longworth

It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it in the street and frighten the horses. - Mrs. Patrick Campbell

I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time. - Marilyn Monroe

I think... therefore I'm single. - Liz Winston

When faced with a decision always ask "What would be the most fun?" - Peggy Walker

I never know how much of what I say is true. - Bette Midler

What you eat standing up doesn't count. - Beth Barnes

The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win... you're still a rat. - Lily Tomlin

If you're all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed. - Kate Halverson

Housework can't kill you, but why take the chance? - Phyllis Diller
0 Replies

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 02:46 pm
Very good, CI - they were great!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 03:08 pm
Well, I wouldn't attempt to positively define a woman, but this Cake song comes close to my ideal:

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
Who's fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's playing with her jewelry
She's putting up her hair
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who used a machette to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation