Aren't scientists rather arrogant and elitist in abiogenetic theories?

Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 01:36 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
The answer is, and it is fairly strange, yet predictable. The human race will soon be transplanting various life forms on the planet Mars, and they will have come to Mars, by way of humans.

I think they have already done that. Also on the moon, That is why we never went to the moon as shown on television.
Banana Breath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:08 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
It is bizarre to me that the Human race felt it appropriate to send devices off into the void without sterilizing them first. There weren't human embryos aboard, but there were likely some nasty bacteria and viruses. Great, in a few million years we'll be battling the giant offspring of Staphylococcus bugs we sent in the 1980's
Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:22 pm
@Banana Breath,
To my knowledge, space probes are always assembled in germ-free environments and cleaned up before sending them into space.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:23 pm
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:
It is bizarre to me that the Human race felt it appropriate to send devices off into the void without sterilizing them first.
I think they do sterilize them. I'm not sure how well they do it, but most of these things are built in clean-rooms to start with. And I think they expose them to UV and clean them with sprays.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:26 pm
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
For the sake of humankind and modern civilization, I really hope you don't reproduce, Herod. Either biologically or ideologically.
     The same to you - wretch.

Get your **** together, stop posting ignorant **** and embarrassing humanity as a whole. This is the upteenth time we've corrected you factually and/or logically, yet you stubbornly persist in remaining ignorant. Ignorance itself isn't a problem; everybody's born knowing nothing, but wilful ignorance is a culpable character fault. You make me embarrassed to know that we both evolved to share 99.9% of the same DNA.
Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:26 pm
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:
I'd suggest reading "Algae and Cyanobacteria in Extreme Environments," Seckbach, Joseph (Ed.), Springer, 2007 for a more complete rundown.
     No, I am not asking about the places in the Biosphere of the Earth, where cyanobacteria could be found. The question was: how & why - should a planet - without any biosphere - 'decide stochastically' - to design & to start propagating - exactly cyanobacteria - that will prepare the planet - for the next levels - of development of the biosphere on that planet?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

we do have several occurences of cyanobacter in several different formational units around the world. It really dosnt matter because we have to go back and envision what the continental pltes looked like in pre COLUMBIAN times. Its assumed that most of the tidal areas and neritic zones were actually "connected" so whatever evolved in one area was soon to catch on elsewhere.
In these shallow and neritic zones We can actually see evolution of the stromatolite body as a colonial "island" of commensalism wherein cyanobcters and anaerobes lived in a deadly balance. These can be seen, from the first fossils (of the APEX CHERT in Australia)(the ISUA formation of Greenland) To the exclusively cyanobacter "loaded" banded iron formations of the Ediacaran units and circum- SHield deposits.
The latest evidence seems to support the gradual "super adaptation" of cyanobacter over facultative anaerobes, so that the anaerobes actually are seen in decline under SEM scans of progressively later and lter cherts , shales nd then iron banded formations.

There is still a bit of argument over whether all the "filamentous" units are anaerobes or another new heretofore unknown phylum.

So, it appears that everyone lived together in a careful balance that slowly got tipped in favor of the blue-greens due prhaps to a change in solar energy absorbance and changes in the pH of the water in the tidal areas thus outcompeting the anaerobes.

Then came n EDiacaran "explosion" wherein at least 3 phyla showed up in the fossil record well before the so-called "Cambrian Explosion"
Is it fact? so far its got some decent evidence and nothing conflicts with it

Thanks for this. By the time I finish reading this and learning the terminology, I think I'll deserve an undergrad diploma in something... Wink
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:37 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Get your **** together, stop posting ignorant **** and embarrassing humanity as a whole.
     You are not the humanity - you are just 1/7 300 000 000-th part of the humanity, and your unprovoked by anything so special anger, accumulated on the grounds of infinite ignorance & agricultural arrogance ... and behavioral misunderstanding (notwithstanding how many animations it may be accompanied with) is nothing but 1/7 300 000 000-th part of the will of the humanity. If you experience yourself as representing the humanity - this is a very serious problem.
FBM

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:41 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Is it fact? so far its got some decent evidence and nothing conflicts with it

Well, of course, Herod and his coaches do, but since they're in a global conflict with reality, I'm going with the paleobiologists...
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:45 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Nah the moon isn't even part as interesting as Mars.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 04:01 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
Nah the moon isn't even part as interesting as Mars.

Yeah, that is what you led to believe that it is a dull grey piece of uninteresting mass. In reality it is more important then mars!
And it certainly aint grey at all!!!
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:01 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
The rumor is that aliens come in green and grey..................
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 08:49 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
they recently reported findingtraces of methan and possible organic traces on mars, which raise the odds a bit that mars may have had ksome form of life. mars1, moon 0.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
All that really matters, is can we get life to live there, and produce sugar and Oxygen.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 12:07 am
@Herald,
I would say all of the above is perfectly applicable to defining what is going on here with these kids.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 12:39 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

So, you are kind of a bit of a coward?

I am not the one unwilling to meet at the cliff's edge..

Quote:
Come on, mate, what exactly is bothering you?

People who breed woeful ignorance of course. That should bother any rational thinking person since idiotry really gives us no hope for the future of humanity. Such ignorance is what will likely be the cause our extinction as a species, and I would even say more so than anything else. People like you are sadistic, you get off on trolling and breeding ignorance to which ultimately leads to people killing each-other.. A lot like your religion murdering people of science in order to save your woo from intellectual extinction. It's people like you who hold society back and even cause society to revert back to the dark ages. Though I get the feeling that you get paid to do this sort of thing since your methods seem pretty damn close to those I've seen working for entities such as the Creation Institute, the main group in which goes around professing science as a religion as some attempt to discredit it. In all my years, the only time I have ever seen this level of woeful ignorance and trolling is when someone has something to profit from it.. Hence you're a Crank.

Yeah we know you're a creationist.. Same with Thumb Drive who is obviously using a troll name for his avatar.

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 12:47 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

FBM wrote:
Get your **** together, stop posting ignorant **** and embarrassing humanity as a whole.
     You are not the humanity - you are just 1/7 300 000 000-th part of the humanity, and your unprovoked by anything so special anger, accumulated on the grounds of infinite ignorance & agricultural arrogance ... and behavioral misunderstanding (notwithstanding how many animations it may be accompanied with) is nothing but 1/7 300 000 000-th part of the will of the humanity. If you experience yourself as representing the humanity - this is a very serious problem.

You love me, though. Your personal 45% god-of-the-gaps said you had to and said that you also had to be kind to me. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/goodmorning.gif

Quote:
Luke 6:28

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 01:02 am
@Herald,
Quote:
Good, and how exactly a planet without any biosphere 'guessed' to start producing cyanobacteria?

That question has nothing to do with the validity of evolution.. And processes don't guess. You're not very good at this are you? Your question is like asking how did the weather guess to start producing snowflakes, or how did simple common chemicals guess to make RNA self-replicating molecules. The question you ask is idiotic.. Other than gravity and pressure waves, pretty much all the phenomenon you see around you to which includes life itself, is electromagnetic phenomenon. You seem to know nothing about self-organization, emergence, or self-organizing systems.

Chemical reactions didn't guess to start producing life, they simply just do it under the right environmental conditions and processes. Worse still, the likely hood of the emergence and existence of basic life is far greater than that of complex cognitive systems and the emergence and existence of conscious states of being.. Hence if you really want to play move to goal post game, conscious existence is a product of evolutionary processes and is governed by the very exact same natural laws.
Herald

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 12:29 am
@TheJackal,
TheJackal wrote:
That question has nothing to do with the validity of evolution..
     It has everything to do and even how. This process charges the planet with the capacity to produce energy (incl. bioenergy) - the chemically pure forms of H2, O2 & C, and clean H2O are at a higher energy state and cannot appear spontaneously and are the best preconditions for the development of the Biosphere on Earth - and this process & set of preconditions are not observed on any other visible planet around us (not only within the SS) ... and there is no probability distribution function and/or probability density function established so far, which means that the process of appearance of the cyanobacteria at a convenient moment & at a relatively early stage in the development of the planet, preceded by processes for increasing the capacity and the abilities of the planet to produce energy of any kind, is most probably not stochastic.
     The more capacity for producing and recycling energy a planet has - the more live it is, and vice-versa - the less the energy producing & processing capacity of the planet (like Venus, for example) - the more dead it becomes ... and the next question is: which are actually the real values of our world?
TheJackal

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2015 01:18 am
@Herald,
Quote:
It has everything to do and even how.

How the biosphere formed or how it came to be has nothing to do with the validity of evolutionary theory. Evolution is a matter of what happens to life once it has been established. It has nothing to do with abiogenesis either. If you want to discuss how life began, well that belongs under a topic about how life began, not how life evolved.

Quote:
This process charges the planet with the capacity to produce energy (incl. bioenergy) -

The sun and Earths own internal heat make up the majority of source of energy for life.

Quote:
the chemically pure forms of H2, O2 & C, and clean H2O are at a higher energy state and cannot appear spontaneously and are the best preconditions for the development of the Biosphere on Earth

LOL..

Quote:
and there is no probability distribution function and/or probability density function established so far

You really don't know how probability is calculated do you? Let me just say that in an infinite time scale and vastness of existence, even an infinitely improbable state approaches 1. Everything is infinitely improbably, but probability has nothing to do with facts... Hence, once something happens, probability is essentially meaningless. Also, living things don't produce their own energy, they are made of energy and they must consume and metabolize . I really don't think you even understand that Earth is not a closed system, and neither are living systems. They are open systems.