Aren't scientists rather arrogant and elitist in abiogenetic theories?

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 01:47 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
My logic is purrfect.

Sure it is, mate, sure it is.

lol
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 01:49 pm
Funny noone (sofar) does't believe that dna is an antenna, receiver and sender of em waves.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:10 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
You mean there were no ticker tape parades before Watson and Crick? I guess we should just ignore all those old news reels and rely on you for our history.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 03:46 pm
@parados,
Moron, DNA invented tickertape, so get used to it.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 01:14 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
My spellign is purrfect.
     Obviously ... especially when it is written as 'spellign'.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 01:21 am
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:
If it has appeared here spontaneously many times
     Here on the Earth it is highly improbable. In this case you should have fossils of cyanobacteria or their analogues many times appearing in the fossil records - where do you have such thing?
     Throughout the universe - perhaps, but where is the evidence for that ILFs having appeared many times (accompanied by the corresponding biosphere) ... here and there in space and time?
     BTW if you don't pay attention we would not be able to survive even several Planck times on our planet without the Biosphere - the very moment the Biosphere goes into the 'Dimension X' - we are game over.
TheJackal

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:32 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Between you and Mr Q, it's like watching a retard fight in wheel chairs. Seriously, it's almost amusing watching two people who are entirely clueless prance about pretending they have any idea what it is they are talking about. It's like the two dumbest people on the internet had come to meet and challenge each-other to who is the bigger idiot. It's like watching Michele Bachmann arguing stupidity with herself in the mirror. O.o

Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 02:58 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Between you and Mr Q, it's like watching a retard fight in wheel chairs. Seriously, it's almost amusing watching two people who are entirely clueless prance about pretending they have any idea what it is they are talking about. It's like the two dumbest people on the internet had come to meet and challenge each-other to who is the bigger idiot. It's like watching Michele Bachmann arguing stupidity with herself in the mirror. O.o

Hmmm. something must be bothering this poster!

wow what Ad Hominems!

Let's see:

1 retard fight in wheel chairs

2 entirely clueless prance

3 pretending they have any idea what it is they are talking about

4 the two dumbest people on the internet

5 who is the bigger idiot

6 arguing stupidity with herself in the mirror

Wow!
You know what they say about Ad Hominems?
That you have no arguments.

btw you sound rather 'pissed' but you seem to be unable to explore what it is that make you go into this fit?

Even if we are what you wrote. And I don't care if you think that way, even then that is no reason to vent so much anger and hate!

Starts looking like some personality issues you have. Wink
TheJackal

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 03:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I rest my case, it's like watching a retard fight..

Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 04:17 am
@TheJackal,
TheJackal wrote:
I rest my case, it's like watching a retard fight.
     You cannot simply 'rest your case' for you don't have a definition of retard fight: it might be fighting between retards, but it may also mean fighting watched with pleasure by retards, collection series fighting collected by retards ... and even fight used as reference by retards.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:37 am
@TheJackal,
So, you are kind of a bit of a coward?

Come on, mate, what exactly is bothering you?

The crumbling of the religion called 'science'' ?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 07:20 am
@TheJackal,
And you may now grace the world, with your immense knowledge, of how life began in a warm pond. Please reference, The Origin of No Species.

Next
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 08:53 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

Banana Breath wrote:
If it has appeared here spontaneously many times
     Here on the Earth it is highly improbable. In this case you should have fossils of cyanobacteria or their analogues many times appearing in the fossil records - where do you have such thing?

For the sake of humankind and modern civilization, I really hope you don't reproduce, Herod. Either biologically or ideologically. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/grin.gif

Quote:
Cyanobacteria: Fossil Record

The cyanobacteria have an extensive fossil record. The oldest known fossils, in fact, are cyanobacteria from Archaean rocks of western Australia, dated 3.5 billion years old. This may be somewhat surprising, since the oldest rocks are only a little older: 3.8 billion years old!

Cyanobacteria are among the easiest microfossils to recognize. Morphologies in the group have remained much the same for billions of years, and they may leave chemical fossils behind as well, in the form of breakdown products from pigments. Small fossilized cyanobacteria have been extracted from Precambrian rock, and studied through the use of SEM and TEM (scanning and transmission electron microscopy).
The cyanobacteria have also been tremendously important in shaping the course of evolution and ecological change throughout earth's history. The oxygen atmosphere that we depend on was generated by numerous cyanobacteria photosynthesizing during the Archaean and Proterozoic Era. Before that time, the atmosphere had a very different chemistry, unsuitable for life as we know it today.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/cyanofr.html

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/origin5sm_zpsc681c7d2.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/bangiomorpha1_zps14b33ed3.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/28_cyanobacteria_zps31adfa3f.jpg

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/15_06x2FossilCyanobacteria_zps18363b47.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 09:27 am
@FBM,
we do have several occurences of cyanobacter in several different formational units around the world. It really dosnt matter because we have to go back and envision what the continental pltes looked like in pre COLUMBIAN times. Its assumed that most of the tidal areas and neritic zones were actually "connected" so whatever evolved in one area was soon to catch on elsewhere.
In these shallow and neritic zones We can actually see evolution of the stromatolite body as a colonial "island" of commensalism wherein cyanobcters and anaerobes lived in a deadly balance. These can be seen, from the first fossils (of the APEX CHERT in Australia)(the ISUA formation of Greenland) To the exclusively cyanobacter "loaded" banded iron formations of the Ediacaran units and circum- SHield deposits.
The latest evidence seems to support the gradual "super adaptation" of cyanobacter over facultative anaerobes, so that the anaerobes actually are seen in decline under SEM scans of progressively later and lter cherts , shales nd then iron banded formations.

There is still a bit of argument over whether all the "filamentous" units are anaerobes or another new heretofore unknown phylum.

So, it appears that everyone lived together in a careful balance that slowly got tipped in favor of the blue-greens due prhaps to a change in solar energy absorbance and changes in the pH of the water in the tidal areas thus outcompeting the anaerobes.

Then came n EDiacaran "explosion" wherein at least 3 phyla showed up in the fossil record well before the so-called "Cambrian Explosion"
Is it fact? so far its got some decent evidence and nothing conflicts with it
Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:23 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
For the sake of humankind and modern civilization, I really hope you don't reproduce, Herod. Either biologically or ideologically.
     The same to you - wretch.
Banana Breath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:44 am
@Herald,
Quote:
you should have fossils of cyanobacteria or their analogues many times appearing in the fossil records - where do you have such thing?

The very existence of cyanobacteria suggests in many ways an entirely separate appearance and evolution of life from that which led to humans. It's theorized that this separate line evolved through peptide nucleic acid (PNA). One clue supporting this theory is the fact that N-(2-aminoethyl)-glycine (AEG), the backbone of PNA, are produced by cyanobacteria.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0049043

DNA production might well have evolved multiple times through multiple pathways.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v368/n6471/abs/368561a0.html
rosborne979

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 12:24 pm
@Banana Breath,
Cool stuff BB. Thanks for the info.
0 Replies

Herald

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 12:43 pm
@Banana Breath,
Banana Breath wrote:
The very existence of cyanobacteria suggests in many ways an entirely separate appearance and evolution of life from that which led to humans.
     Good, and how exactly a planet without any biosphere 'guessed' to start producing cyanobacteria?
Banana Breath

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 01:30 pm
@Herald,
We already know they exist in environments where no other living thing lives, with no "biological" food, no light, none of the things we generally consider to be necessary. These include extreme high pressures, extremely acidic environments, extremely hot environments that we used to consider "sterile," including next to deep ocean vents, and in Yellowstone hot springs.
I'd suggest reading "Algae and Cyanobacteria in Extreme Environments," Seckbach, Joseph (Ed.), Springer, 2007 for a more complete rundown.
http://www.springer.com/life+sciences/plant+sciences/book/978-1-4020-6111-0
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 01:35 pm
@Herald,
The answer is, and it is fairly strange, yet predictable. The human race will soon be transplanting various life forms on the planet Mars, and they will have come to Mars, by way of humans.