What's The Cost Of Basic Cremation?

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 12:37 pm
No services or fancy urns, just burn it up and give the ashes back for tossing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,375 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:07 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Blue thank you for asking as I had also long wondered, too lazy myself to Google
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:17 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
When my dad died about 5 years ago, we had him cremated and then his ashes buried in the family plot with his parents. I think it cost about $700, probably more than the basic cost because he was embalmed before cremation.

Sorry for your loss Bear.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:25 pm
@Butrflynet,
By the way, add on the cost of a death certificate and any certified copies you will need. I think that was another $250.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 01:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
no loss, I'm just, due to all the health problems I've been having, investigating final expense insurance. If you don't mind my asking why would you embalm someone and then cremate them?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:44 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Difference of opinion between relatives. Funeral home incorrectly assumed they, being local, would have the final say and prepared him for full burial. His burial insurance wouldn't cover much of the costs and neither could anyone else. To save money, I wanted him cremated and his ashes given to me. We compromised by them finally agreeing to cremation and me agreeing to have his ashes buried locally in the family plot.

I had to pay for both out of his burial insurance.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:48 pm
This might help you.

https://www.caring.com/questions/how-much-does-cremation-cost

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2014 02:55 pm
when my father remarried he gave me his two plots, enough for two caskets or 4 cremains, it's funny that one of the plots was for he and my mother, but it was all in his name, as i have no family at this point, my mom and i split the cost of cremation, burial and headstone, came out to about $800 (canadian) a piece, that doesn't cover a funeral, but it covers immediate cremation, an urn, opening and closing the plot and the headstone, this was about 20 years ago
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2014 10:15 am
995.00 here in Raleigh plus the medical examiners death certificate fee, and they must have that in order to take the body. I guess seeing the actual dead guy isn't enough proof for them. Even ******* dying is a way for the government to squeeze that one last penny out of you. Assholes. Laughing
0 Replies