Obama’s Black Skin Privilege

vikorr

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 03:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Sure, if that's what he did - I'm not in a position to say if he did or not. But that wasn't the issue, which I quite specifically pointed out - the issue being:

- the multiple allegations that he was a dictator, coupled with the claim that:
- the U.S. only ignored sucht because he was black,
- and as a separate example, the claim that the only reason he got elected was that he was black (it backs up the problem inherent in the first two)

IF he was right that Obama was a dictator, then:

- saying 'hey, are you guys ignoring this because you feel some guilt over his skin colour?" can have some justification...
- though that allowance is a bit like a person saying who is nasty to another because "I'm just telling the truth", has some justification....even though they could achieve the same results with tact.

So history has shown that Obama wasn't a dictator. That 'some' justification goes out the window . And it reverses (in the comparison, the nasty person 'just telling the truth' that is actually not telling the truth - so just being nasty. No justification whatsoever). The only reason to use Obama's skin colour is to try and convince people that he is a dictator. "Open your eyes past his skin colour' (when he's not being what is claimed to be), is attempting to use Obama's skin colour against him...and is therefore, quite unarguably, racist.

And surely you understand that many people voted for him because of his party affiliations, as well as his charisma and oratory (and probably policy, but I don't know about that) ? So saying he only got elected because he was black, is racist.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 03:49 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
So saying he only got elected because he was black, is racist.

I never said that. And saying Obama is black is not racist, it is simply a fact and the truth.
vikorr

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 03:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I never said that.
Who said you said that? Are we not talking about the video in your OP? Is that not obvious from 'the multiple claims that he was a dictator?
Quote:
And saying Obama is black is not racist, it is simply a fact and the truth.
We agree...but this wasn't in contention. The issue in contention was the guy saying 'Obama only got elected because he was black'

Those were both fairly obvious.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 04:31 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
'Obama only got elected because he was black'

Was Trump elected because he was white? I am sure someone could say that but would they be considered racist? The double standards are in play here.
vikorr

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 04:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Alright, so an admission that the comment was racist, but that there are hypothetical double standards at play...hypothetical double standards, because no one on this thread has said "Trump was elected just because he was white"

And yes, saying "Trump was only elected because he was white" would also be racist. Racism goes in each direction. Denying that racism can go in any direction isn't just wilful blindness - it lessens society. Of course an interesting conversation on this topic arises if the society is inherently racist, but that is another discussion.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 05:08 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Racism goes in each direction.

Not on this forum.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 10:35 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Well, now that Obama's Presidency is past, we can see:

- he wasn't a dictator

The man killed people with drone strikes.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 03:45 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Quote:
Well, now that Obama's Presidency is past, we can see:

- he wasn't a dictator

Killing people with drone strikes is not exclusive to dictators.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 03:47 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
vikorr wrote:
he wasn't a dictator

FreedomEyeLove wrote:
I think you might be confusing the meaning of words. Or perhaps you're re-interpreting them in a way that suits some emotional agenda. Either or. The U.S. didn't become a dictatorship, and that's fact.
0 Replies