BUSH CRIME FAMILY - articles asserting crimes

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 05:43 pm
I think this allegation deserves some attention and that you the reader should decide its importance before I make any comment www.stewwebb.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 17
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 07:04 pm
The following will settle it once and for all:

Bush Speaks

"You're back here with my people. You're back here with the tequila drinkers, yeah.
What you need is to go up there and make a little whoopee with the tequila drinkers,
get to know them better." - G.W. Bush from Journeys With George by Alexandra Pelosi,
debuted on HBO Nov. 5, 2002

"When I was coming up it was a dangerous world, and we knew exactly who the they
were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was." - G.W. Bush from
Journeys With George by Alexandra Pelosi, debuted on HBO Nov. 5, 2002

"I can't hear you because I can't see." - G.W. Bush from Journeys With George by
Alexandra Pelosi, debuted on HBO Nov. 5, 2002

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee
--that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me ... You can't get fooled
again." - G.W. Bush quoted by the Baltimore Sun - Oct 6, 2002

"We need to understand if you let kindling build up and there's a lightning strike,
you're going get yourself a big fire," - G.W. Bush in a lame attempt to make deforestation
look like a way to stop forest fires, - Aug 22, 2002

"I know in the fall of an election year, the tendency is to focus more on scoring
political points than on making progress." - G.W. Bush after a golf game with Bush Sr.
and just before going on a massive, multi-state, GOP fundraising campaign. Kennebunkport, Maine. -August 3rd, 2002

"Sometimes things aren't exactly black and white when it comes to accounting
procedures ... I still haven't figured it out completely." - Bush when asked for details
about his dealings with Harken Energy Corp., of which he was on the audit committee. G.W. Bush's father was in office in 1990 when he sold his Harken stock and the SEC did not pursue a case. -July 8th, 2002

"Do you have blacks too?" - Bush ignorantly asked Brazil's President Fernando Henrique
Cardoso. Reported by the reputable German publication Der Spiegel. Rumor has it, Condoleza Rice interupted the president and explained in brief the African history in Brazil.

"Washington is unfortunately the kind of place where second-guessing has become
second nature," - G.W. Bush responding to suggestions he had warnings of September 11th
before the attacks. Washington D.C., May 17th, 2002

"After all, a week ago, there were -- Yasser Arafat was boarded up in his building in
Ramallah, a building full of, evidently, German peace protestors and all kinds of
people. They're now out. He's now free to show leadership, to lead the world." - G.W.
Bush. Washington D.C., May 2nd, 2002

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." - G.W. Bush as quoted by the New York
Daily News, April 23rd, 2002

"I've got a tool, and that's called a veto" - G.W. Bush regarding working with congress
on the budget. Washington Post, April 17th, 2002

"And so, in my State of the -- my State of the Union -- or state -- my speech to the
nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation -- I asked Americans to give
4,000 years --4,000 hours over the next -- the rest of your life -- of service to America." --- G.W. Bush. April 9th, 2002. Reported by the San Francisco Gate (among others)

"I made up my mind that Saddam needs to go,"- G.W. Bush to British Prime Minister,
Tony Blair, April 5th, 2002

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of 'Hop on Pop."- G.W. Bush speaking on
educating children, April 2nd, 2002

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most
deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right."-March 13th,
2000, Washington, D.C.

"I understand that the unrest in the Middle East creates unrest throughout the
region."-March 13th, 2000, Washington, D.C.

"{waves hello}"- G.W. Bush waves to the blind musician, Stevie Wonder, as reported by the Washington Post, March 6th, 2002

"It also makes sense for New York State to have a governor whose phone calls will be
returned from the White House." -February 2002, at a fundraiser for New York's
Republican governor, George Pataki.

"It's an encroachment on the executive branch's ability to conduct business,"
--Regarding Enron, January 28th, 2002

"Mother, I should have listened to you. Always chew your pretzels before you
swallow." --January 14th, 2002

"Not over my dead body will they raise your taxes!" --January 11th, 2002

"This is not an instant gratification war" --November 2nd, 2001

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and
airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan airport." --October 3rd, 2001 at Reagan
International Airport in Washington, D.C.

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and
hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."--September 19th, 2001

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I
believe--I believe what I believe is right."--Rome, July 22, 2001

"It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing
about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to." -- Speaking to recently
sworn in immigrants on Ellis Island, July 10, 2001

"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this
country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of
our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man
to be the nation based upon such wonderful values."--Visiting the Jefferson Memorial,
Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that
suffers from incredible disease."--Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

''I had no idea we had so many weapons, ...what do we need them for?'' -- George W.
Bush, stunned when told the extent of the U.S. nuclear arsenal, Newsweek, June 25, 2001

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect
hope is in the far distant future, if at all."--Remarks to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Institute, Washington, D.C., May 22, 2001

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks,
this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do
something about it."--Philadelphia, May 14, 2001

"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon
were getting nearly directly overhead." - Washington, D.C., May 11, 2001

"It's a school full of so-called at-risk children. It's how we, unfortunately, label certain
children. It means basically they can't learn. ... It's one of the best schools in
Houston." --George W. Bush speaking about KIPP Academy in Houston, Texas.

"Whatever it took to help Taiwan defend theirself."--On how far we'd be willing to go to
defend Taiwan, Good Morning America, April 25, 2001

"First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that
I thought made sense for the country." --George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April
24, 2001
"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." --George W. Bush,
who meant to say "misunderestimated"

"They misunderestimated me."--Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."--Greater Nashua, N.H.,
Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"The great thing about America is everybody should vote."-Austin, Texas, Dec. 8, 2000

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."--Reuters, May 5, 2000

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"-Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I understand small business growth. I was one."-New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."-Pella, Iowa, as
quoted by the San Antonio Express-News, Jan. 30, 2000

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of
babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the
Internet."--Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I
can't answer your question."--Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a
product that we can find in our neighborhoods."--Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000

"The senator [McCain] has got to understand if he's going to have--he can't have it
both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road."--To reporters in
Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000

"We ought to make the pie higher."--South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of
federal program."--Debate in St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

"It's your money. You paid for it."--LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

"It's not the governor's role to decide who goes to heaven. I believe that God decides
who goes to heaven, not George W. Bush." -- George W. Bush, in the Houston Chronicle.

"There ought to be limits to freedom. We're aware of this [web] site, and this guy is
just a garbage man, that's all he is." --George Jr., discussing a web site that parodies him
(YIKES!)

"I'm a uniter not a divider. That means when it comes time to sew up your chest
cavity, we use stitches as opposed to opening it up." -- Bush, on David Letterman, March
2, 2000. (the audience booed)

"I didn't -- I swear I didn't -- get into politics to feather my nest or feather my friends'
nests." --George W. Bush in the Houston Chronicle

"You ******* son of a bitch. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this."
--George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, in front of his wife and kids, 1988
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 08:09 pm
"{waves hello}"- G.W. Bush waves to the blind musician, Stevie Wonder, as reported by the Washington Post, March 6th, 2002

** I am gratified to see my President doesn't discriminate against the blind.

ci--This stuff is priceless. Thanks for sharing.
Slick speaker, he is not.
Part of his charm, for many.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:07 pm
Edgar

I read through the first two items in the list. This is a bit tough to swallow, and the source seems hardly objective.

CI

I've posted Bushisms myself. He, even moreso than his father, has a unique relationship with the English language and it is evident that he hasn't done a lot of reading in his life, and I do surely think someone in his position ought to have done very much reading indeed.

Lash's point that many find this charming seems a reflection of the anti-intellectualism that has a long, rich history in the US (see Richard Hofstadter's 'Anti-Intellectualism in American Life') and certainly doesn't endear me to the fellow simply on this basis.

Yet, I have, to some degree, changed my opinion of the man's smarts from the comments by DiIlio. Intelligence is a tricky notion.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 10:06 pm
blatham said--

Lash's point that many find this charming seems a reflection of the anti-intellectualism that has a long, rich history in the US (see Richard Hofstadter's 'Anti-Intellectualism in American Life') and certainly doesn't endear me to the fellow simply on this basis.

blatham-
**I don't plan to drag professors out of their classrooms and beat them down to my IQ.(This may require a ruthless, prolonged beating.)

But, intellectualism for the sake of looking down one's nose at the great unwashed, IMO, is completely useless, and unpopular. The smarty newsies and 'journalists', who seriously deride Bushisms, as if they have uncovered a Watergate, are liked less for their attitudes than Bush is for his Bushspeak.

We certainly require the 'intellectuals', and reap rewards,--writers, philosophers, think tank guys-- but their presence in politics is best limited to behind the scenes as advisors.

Will look up the book you refer to, blatham. Thanks for the referral.

Edgar--
I read the first few links. Have seen alot of other 'conspiracy theories' dealing with Bush, oil, Enron. I even read about how Bush paid the pilots of the 911 planes to give him an excuse to wage war in the ME. I think talk like that sent Democrat Cynthia McKinney back to Georgia.

Madness abounds.I don't think many people take this stuff seriously.

What do you say about it?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 11:06 pm
Lash

It's an extraordinary work, by an American historian (happily, a very clear writer) who won at least two Pullitzers, one of them for this volume. There is no other book on American history I would recommend more than this one.

Re snootiness...of course, anyone who is snooty is an ass. If Bush were your plumber and you took potshots at him for his lack of scholarship, you'd be a jerk. But when he's running for President, that's different. Good cause to be critical and skeptical.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 11:48 am
I guess that means we could have done without great Amereicans like Thomas Jefferson, a notorious intellectual.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 12:47 pm
I think Stew webb is an hysterical conspiracy junkie. Just wanted to see what others thought.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 02:34 pm
re conspiracies...
I had a roommate a couple of decades ago who ordered up a bunch of audio lectures from one Dr. Peter Beeter (or Beter or Beater) who claimed to have been with the CIA and who held the following to be factual:

-that the government had been taken over by a secret cabal.
-that they a base on the far side of the moon where they made 'organic robatoids' who were replacing key Washington figures
-Gerald Ford was an organic robatoid (this I thought possible)

Guys like this one give conspiracy a bad name.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 02:40 pm
gerald ford, um i can go along with the organic part but robatoid is reaching.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 04:17 pm
blatham--
Many thanks for uncovering the reason Gerald Ford had so much trouble standing up. Malfunction.

Peter Beeter. This slew me. Ribs still sore.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 04:29 pm
Robatoid? Nah. Robotic? Hmmm...

Shouldn't Dr. Bah-tear go by Pete?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 06:43 pm
bushisms
Lash Gosh, You commented that the "intellectuals" who seem to take delight in Bush's "bushisms" suffer a kind of backlash, that they are disliked for their abuse of the president, and (I don't know if you said this or if someone else did) that Bush's failings might endear him to the great unwashed--which is VERY possible. This overlooks the point of the revelation of bushisms. It is not "INTELLECTUALS" (i.e., professional thinkers and writers) necessarily who do this; it is CITIZENS who are very concerned about the low level of intelligence and education of the most powerful man in the world (powerful not because of his inherent qualities but because of the office he virtually stole). It is a very dangerous situation, that someone like Bush should be able to dictate the future of our country and the world from inside that childish and superficial mind of his. If my comments show that I've misundertood the intent of your comments, please correct me and accept my apologies.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:21 pm
Citizens have every right to snicker at Bushisms, get angry about them Shocked , and come to any conclusion they choose.

When newsies treat a misspeak as if it were a hot story, it is ridiculous.

Many of these news commentators, Al Hunt, John Sheilds, Margaret Carlson, half the CNN crew, went overboard in poking fun at Bush for nothing other than his speak manner. They came off as elitists. When the Fox offering came about, liberal talk shows such as theirs lost in the ratings.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:37 pm
There's more than one moderate 24 hour news and or political commentary networks -- Fox against all of them together doesn't look nearly as good. That intellectual/elitist lable is thrown around helter skelter every since Spiro Agnews "effect snob" comment and Nixon's "silent majority." It's a form a prejudice that is permeating the conservative viewpoint and has the effect of, "Hey, look at me, I'm not intelligent and that makes me right." The truth is, the teenager who has above average smarts realizes Dubya's gaffes are both funny and unfortunate. If Dubya is suppose to be a role model for education, I suggest he go back to school and get one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:41 pm
LW, Dubya will never take you up on that offer to go back to school. After all, he's the president of the most powerful country in the world, and he's a know it all: What's good for the US and the world. His gaffes aren't funny to me! ;( c.i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 07:42 pm
spiro agnew's comments about "snobs" were written by the intellectual William Safire
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 06:04 pm
This Stew Webb guy may be exaggerating a bit, but fundamentally y'all ain't paranoid enough when it comes to who's in charge in the US, or how much directive power 'security' agencies have over the theatrical stages of public policy. The power is there indeed, and it's all pervasive. Conspiracies are precisely what your agencies are occupied with 24h a day. You don't really think they're collecting intelligence ?
0 Replies