Meeting the parents and children for the first time

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 02:16 am
I am interviewing for a job in a few days where I will be meeting the parents and the children I will be tending to. My question is, how am I suppose to act around them. I want to seem responsible to the parents, but still be fun at the same time for the children. Do I ask the children questions, like what they like to do? I know the parents want to see how I interact with their children, but I don't want to seem rude, like I am ignoring the parents. I know that along the way, I need to ask any questions I have, but if the parent wants to observe the way the children and I interact, do I act as though the parent isn't there? Any help that parents nd/or babysitters can give me would be great. Thanks in advance...
K
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 753 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 05:20 am
Undoubtedly the parents are going to provide the structure for the interview. After all, they are going to want to know a bit about your past and your qualifications.

Once the nitty-gritty has been covered, you'll be able to chat with the kids. If they are toddlers, don't be afraid to sit on the floor.

Good luck.
0 Replies