meeting the kids and parents for the first time

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 02:09 am
I have a job interview in a few days where I will be meeting the parents and children (ages 3 and 11) I am to be tending to for a few months. How do i act around the parent and children at the same time? I want to seem responsible for the parent, but still appear to be fun for the child. Do I ask the child simple questions, like what they enjoy, and put the parent on the backburner? I know the parent wants to see how i interact with the children, but I don't want to seem rude to the parent. Any tips on how to behave, and seem fun and professional at the same time would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.
K
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 713 • Replies: 1
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 07:28 am
Dress up in a Clown Costume complete with rubber nose and floppy shoes and give each child a pie (do not throw the pie in the childrens faces until you get to know them better). This will put the children at ease. As you sit down for cocktails with the parents show them your strict yet tender side and inform them you would not hesitate to use the rubber chicken if the kids got out of hand. Parents like a disciplinarian.

On second though - NAH!
0 Replies