George Tenet's resignation & what's behind it

Radikal

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:18 pm
!
Unless Tenet moves to a country that allows no extradition he will appear before Congress per their request.

Maybe this time he will tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Anybody that thinks that the Neo Fascist in the WH can nueter the CIA is deluded beyond any psych help. The rank and file of the CIA are fuming at BushCult and not pleased with Tenet bowing to them for so long. Messing with the CIA, one of the world' most dangerous terrorist groups, can be dangerous to one's health.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:18 pm
unforunately for the neo-cons, those partisan jerks were duely elected by citizens of a democratic republic, just like the president. Knee-jerk liberals and knee-pad conservatives make for interesting government. So it goes, I don't mind.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:20 pm
perception wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I expect to see a great deal of Mr Tenet answering questions on both floors of Congress throughout the month of Sept.

Mr. Tenet probably takes the position that he has answered all the questions that he intends to answer from self serving, partisan jerks that don't deserve to represent a herd of cows let alone citizens of the US. He may be very difficult to find.

Is this
Quote:
crystal ball stuff
?
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:57 pm
George Tenet's resignation & what's behind it

Awfully curious timing, what the hell difference does it make now? Kerry should appoint a new Director no matter who fills the slot for the next few months.

I saw Bush's live talk in discussing Tenet's resignation. Gawd, that guy is too stoopid for words. It pains me to watch him attempt to speak spontaneously. And even with a speechwriter and teleprompter, he usually screws that up, too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:49 pm
stashing this here for later reference
0 Replies

vladzo

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 11:49 pm
resignations.
to all ::::::::::::::::::

rumsfeld should resign next. this is because of the MP scandal, it was the CIA who made the torture policy, and made this whole problem of losing america's respect.

vlad
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:42 am
I just find the whole thing weird because on the very day it was announced that Bush consulted with a private attorney about the CIA leak, later we hear that Tenet turned in his resignation, the next day another CIA quits.

I personally don't know what to make of it. I couldn't guess if Tenet quit on his own to save himself in any questions or if it was highly suggested he quit, but one thing I do think is that I really don't buy that about "personal reasons." I think with everything that is going on with the war on Terror and the election that if they were for personal reasons he would have waited until after the election in November.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
http://www.caughtatwork.net/demotivations/images/scapegoat.jpg
0 Replies

vladzo

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:14 am
not scape goat
to justan ::::::::::::::::

NO ;;; no it is not a scape goat, tenent is guilty of very much. in fact he would not let me into the army to be in the psyops linquist section. instead i was given a place as a draftsman. i already had a civilian job at the time, tenent was not the chief at that time. i told the army, i can have a good civilian job, but i do know my slavic languages, all of them. after i asked to get out, and i was allowed out, a russian deserted in afghanistan, went to the american embassy and there was no one there to translate. tenent did not arrange for a russian translator at the embassy in kabul during the time of the russian expeditionary force. it did not have to be me, it could have been anybody. but tenent knew that afghanistan is an asian country, and they do not need a european language. tenent has done more than that. but it is just too much to tell about all of it.
0 Replies