Random observations

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:14 pm
Surprised Oh. She's not with you?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:47 pm
Unrelated random observations:

I love snowflakes as a holiday motif. I have as many Jewish friends as Christians, and the 6 points and blue and white color scheme work great for either.

Interesting that orange has emerged as a color of solidarity for two very different situations and I'd imagine rather different groups -- the hunters killed in Wisconsin, and the situation in the Ukraine. I'm imagining members of the two groups catching sight of each others' prominently displayed orange and nodding in recognition, and taking the recognition in entirely different ways...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:54 pm
Should I put the damn flyscreen back in the window? It is handy being able to pee out the window at night.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:03 am
It all depends on the mozzie situation, Stilly. You'll have to weigh up the pros & cons. Bites vs bladder. But yes, it does sound very convenient.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 11:33 am
Kills the flowers in the window boxes, though. Sad
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 11:57 am
sozobe wrote:
Interesting that orange has emerged as a color of solidarity for two very different situations and I'd imagine rather different groups -- the hunters killed in Wisconsin, and the situation in the Ukraine. I'm imagining members of the two groups catching sight of each others' prominently displayed orange and nodding in recognition, and taking the recognition in entirely different ways...

Then there's the orange wristbands handed out in places across Holland (mostly among the urban teens) since Van Gogh's murder, which say "respect 4 all" ... a kind of bridge-building thing ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm
The newspaper reports that ever more people return their Sinterklaas presents (Sinterklaas being the Dutch Father Xmas, celebrated on Dec 5). A V&D shop clerk says: "At least 10% comes back [..]. Men often underestimate their wives' size".

That's kind of sweet. When a husband looks at his wife, he sees a woman slimmer than she actually is. The power of love.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 05:02 pm
Too weird.

I looked up my old care2 emailbox - which, having long ago become swamped in spam, I'd given up on months ago. All the spam had me perpetually at the inbox limit anyway, after which the system stopped accepting any new mail - which in turn was fine with me, seeing how it was all spam anyway. Better just leave it alone.

Still, I wanted to know whether it still existed in any case, so I looked it back up - and it did. Apparently, they even upgraded the system, multiplying the inbox limit, which had thrown open my inbox again. Result: over a thousand new messages - 99% of which spam.

Among those 1000, however, one message, from last May, from my ex-girlfriend, whom I've been with for four years, not all that long ago - though it sure seems like part of another spatial dimension, another historical era, in which at most a character with the same name as mine had wandered life.

She said she was fine - had a little baby girl, just 10 months (back then) - they were going on a family summer holiday for the first time.

Trip out. Or rather, as we say in Dutch: Tsja.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
I hate ****ing everyone.

Thats my random observation for the night.

Everybody can just piss the **** off.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:38 pm
You should stop ****ing so many people....it seems to make you cranky.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
Or perhaps I just wanna talk about my feelings with someone who's more interested in what I have to say than in what they have to say about it.

No, I'm not talking about A2K, dont any of you ****ing worry.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:42 pm
<phew> Everyone was pretty ****ing worried there nimh.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:49 pm
I know Adrian, you looked pretty ****ing agitated yourself.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:56 pm
<heh heh> So....the meeting with the shrink didn't go too well?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 09:21 pm
Meetings with the shrink cancelled until further notice ... she's ill ... but that wasn't it either. Or well, perhaps, also <nods>

nimh <- has no problems embarassing people with TMI
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:38 pm
When I havee a six paack of canned soda in the fridge. And when I get to the last 2 cans, I always pull the can away from the plastic thing that holds all six cans together. So, I thheerefore leave one can and a plaastic thingy in the fridge.
My wife has been on my ass about taking the soda withh the plastic holder and leaving the free can in the fridge.
I thought this a reasonable idea so I told her to "shut the f*** up"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:55 pm
I'm posting nonsense to stop from ... no, not to stop from ... just, as a counterweight. <nods>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 09:28 pm
My sister and her husband and son visited me recently for three weeks. We drove around a lot, I showed them all there's to see in Boston and New York. Once we were driving at night and I was in a back seat with forehead pressed against the window watching the stars and the moon twist and twirl as the car turns on the road. I distinctly remembered a night from when I was a kid, forehead pressed against the window, thinking about how I will once remember that night and that very moment when I am all grown up. I just did. Kind of a mental postcard from the past.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:47 am
belated BM
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 08:49 am
I was gonna say fiber helps, but today's Science Times says actually, no.

Uh.

Gorgeous one, dag.
0 Replies