0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:12 am
nimh, you okay mate ?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
They ruined my balcony garden ...

(There'd been a note in my letterbox yesterday. But I didnt check the mail yesterday. It'd said they were gonna "clean" the balcony, after the (grisly standard-issue bright-green) paint job they did last week. With high-pressure spray. Letter told us to take our stuff off from the balcony. I hadnt seen it. Everythings a mess. Pots stacked or tumbled over on top of plants, plants soaked into a brown dead mush, branches of the pretty, stringy Helichrysum microphylla that had expanded all over, which i was strenuously trying to save through winter, broken off, snapped, crushed, other plants dirty, snips of paint all over in the soil, on the leaves ... everything's broken.

I try so hard, and everything just goes to ****.

Sorry.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
I guess that was a "no". Never mind.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:31 am
Jeez, that sucks, nimh. I'm sorry they ruined your garden. Can the plants be brought in and saved?

Do you have the winter blues?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:38 am
Oh no not your garden!!

Ugh. Last thing you needed.

One day's notice??

<fuming on your behalf which I'm sure isn't actually helpful...>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:48 am
Fuming for nimh, how f/depressing.

Some of them will come back, I bet. But, gggrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:02 am
nimh, take a good care of yourself. everything will pass. we're all behind you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 10:38 am
Thank you all ... you're sweet <nods>

Sorry about being all melodramatic around here these days. Other people have problems that positively dwarf mine.

But yeah. <nods>

<nods again>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:04 pm
Point out the culprits, Nimh...
It's A$$ kicking time. Just say the word and I'll have Gus stop feeding the dogs and load the shotguns! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:28 pm
Im coverin ya if they try to break and run. Ill gun em down with artillery. They eff with one of us, they eff with all of us

PS-effin is my new way of feeling all moral but getting my word of choice in
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 08:48 pm
the a2k posse is ready to help
http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/sheriff/images/posse.jpg
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:02 pm
I wear nice shoes now, really fancy ones, I polish 'em regularly, and a proper coat, Bjorn Borg and all, and I was wearing regular pants, and STILL some guy pulls his car up alongside me, leaning out to ask me if I have coke. I mean, WHAT?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:03 pm
You are all too cute, by the way. Thanks for all your shows of support, back there. <nods>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 06:03 pm
Urban features: the second-hand cigar. Half-smoked and thrown to the floor of the shopping mall - and picked up, put in his mouth and lit at 12:50 AM by a young man with unkempt hair and a scruffy beard in a worn-out pinstripe jacket, tonelessly singing to himself.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 07:13 pm
{{{{{{{{{{ nimh }}}}}}}}}}

We really are all here for you. Most of us have problems that are dwarfed by others far more serious, but that doesn't mean that we don't f**king suffer a kind of agony of the spirit. Your garden--that REALLY hurts.

The teens in Holland wearing orange wrist bands is so cool. So is the story of men thinking their wives or girlfriends are slimmer than they really are. Dys is like that--it feels so good to know he still loves me even though I'm chubby.

Take good care of yourself, nimh. There is a cycle to everything.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:42 pm
The garden was just the straw, camels back, however that goes.

Just a month ago I listed to someone the things that would keep me from just packing up and going wherever. I said: my therapist; A.; my nephew; the upcoming change to a simpler job that will have me saner; my garden. I wish there was more to list but there really isnt much. Now its a month later and my therapist has disappeared, A. has been losing herself again and is now going back to America; I'm not getting that job, and instead will have to keep my near-hated one, just without the colleagues I've been working with; and then they broke my garden. Thats the context. If anything this was the key post. I appreciate all the concern about the garden, but however much I loved it and it symbolised some strenuously built start of a home or self-care or all that, it really was just the last impossible thing on top of everything else to ALSO go wrong. Thats why it hurt.

OK, enough lamenting again. But perhaps that clarifies some stuff.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:07 pm
I got that context, or some fair part of it; I guess I didn't express it.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:46 pm
Will you come to the Tulip Festival with us? That would help take your mind off your unhappiness.

Why did your therapist disappear or do you know? Thinking of you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 02:58 am
Sorry Osso, it wasnt meant personally & it was mostly just in re: to Diane's last post; I suddenly just realised that it does probably look like a lot of fuss over a little thing. Or perhaps it still is, anyway. I did really appreciate the support, in any case, I hope that was clear.

Diane, I dont know about the Tulip Festival (and I still say you should try to be here for Queen's Day ;-)), but I did PM Dys back about how we could meet up in the evening or some time..

(My therapist suddenly was on sick leave and is most probably not going to return before she's due to retire, in five months'. Dont know what; perhaps overworked.)
0 Replies