Eva

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 05:56 pm
As I pulled into the parking lot across from the barnyard at the school where I teach (yes, we have a barnyard), I spotted a man wrestling a large goat. They were just behind a small, white sedan, and the trunk was open. As I watched, the man stuffed the goat into the trunk of his car and drove off.

Since I did not recognize the man as one of our staff, I flagged him down and asked him what he was doing with the goat. Turns out this was a problem animal, and the school had contacted him and offered to donate it to his farm if he would come and get it.

I have never seen someone stuff a goat into the trunk of a car. Have you?

Enzo

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:06 pm
@Eva,
No, but I've seen dogs in the bed of pickup trucks. I am always surprised at the level of trust the owners put in an non-leashed dogs placed on the bed of their pickup trucks, as if the dog will jump off and cause an accident isn't even given a consideration.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:08 pm
@Eva,
No, I haven't actually, but I did hitchhike when a teen and a guy pulled over with his back seat full of pigs. LOL And yes, I did get in. Thank God he wasn't Picton!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:52 pm
Picturing a grown goat sitting in a front seat like dogs do, y'know, with those passenger seat harnesses. I'm always charmed by large dogs sitting in front seats facing forward, though I'm not so sure that is a good idea for the dog. Fat chance with a goat..... picturing a broken windshield at the least.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:57 pm
@Eva,
For Gus, "stuff a goat" is a euphemism. Smile
roger

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 07:01 pm
@Eva,
And, you took the word of a goat rustler over your own instincts, eh?
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 07:14 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
No, I haven't actually, but I did hitchhike when a teen and a guy pulled over with his back seat full of pigs. LOL And yes, I did get in. Thank God he wasn't Picton!

or Olson

once hitchhiking north of Toronto, i got picked up by two women, when i get in the back seat i see a baby seat, the woman in the passenger seat passes me a bottle that she's been using to feed the baby and asks me to take over as her arm is getting sore reaching back between the seats

didn't bother me, and the baby didn't seem to mind, but it was an odd situation to say the least
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 07:26 pm
@djjd62,
of course Olson didn't have pigs, so never mind Neutral
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 08:03 pm
@wandeljw,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 08:07 pm
@roger,
Um, not really. Truth is, I really didn't care about the goat. (I'm funny that way.) It just occured to me, as I was sitting there watching this, that he might be stealing the goat, and I would be the only one who saw it happen. I wanted to be able to ID him if necessary.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 08:12 pm
@Mame,
I'm a city girl, so I gotta ask. Are we playing some kind of livestock poker here, Mame? Does a back seat full of pigs beat a goat in the trunk? Confused
Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 11:08 pm
@Eva,
I wouldn'ta wanted to be there when he let the goat outta the trunk.

goats have a mean sense of humor, and a long memory...

I wonder that he doesn't have horn prints in his trunk lid before he gets where he's goin'...

a back seat full of pigs beats a goat in the trunk.

a carload of chickens trumps all...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 12:28 am
@Eva,
That reminds me of when I was a little kid at primary school.
Pammy Richards's goat somehow found it's way into the schoolyard & ran amok ... (as was its habit. A very ferocious goat. We were all terrified of it! ) ... causing absolute pandemonium!
Little kids running around screaming & hiding ...
It was like a scene from a Hitchcock film. Laughing
I don't recall exactly how the matter was resolved & calm was restored ... It might have been the local policeman who came & took it away, or maybe it was Mr Richards?
Until I read your post just now, I'd forgotten all about that terrifying episode.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:18 am
@msolga,
When I was a kid, every town had to have a male goat. So, I've seen goats being transported there in/on/behind various vehicles for ... getting married, I was told.
dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

When I was a kid, every town had to have a male goat. So, I've seen goats being transported there in/on/behind various vehicles for ... getting married, I was told.

You REALLY have to explain that one.
roger

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:37 am
@dlowan,
http://www.funnyhumor.com/content/pictures/sheepdate.jpg

Okay, okay, so it's a sheep.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 01:39 am
@dlowan,
Every town had to have a "stud station" for goats in those days.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:37 am
I miss Gus.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:56 am
@Eva,
I should have gotten one of those baby goats from the pet store when I had the chance. I would never put him in the trunk thou. I’d let him ride in the cab of the truck with me.

This is Florida, no one would think that was weird.
George

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 06:13 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
. . . This is Florida, no one would think that was weird.
I bet you get to say that a lot.