Random observations

cavfancier

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 12:07 pm
I like having no beliefs or ideas. It leaves me more open to judge idiocy. Wait a minute...I believe and think I may have contradicted myself there. I blame society, and lack of soap.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 12:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
And, of course, it is entirely possible that you didn't look in the right place . . .

Yoo callin me dumb? EH?

Noone gets to call the NIMH stoopid without regretting it ...

<swaggers>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 12:20 pm
Hey, take off you hoser . . . course i'm callin' ya dumb . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 12:23 pm
Oy!

No, I'm tellin'ya. I had to go with the soft peeling bar, I had no choice.

Blame rampant consumerism.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 02:27 pm
Random thought: I wonder if the soft, peeling bar is sold in the US? Sounds sort of nice. Does it have a lovely scent? How do your hands look after washing? Do they feel softer? A woman in New Mexico wants to know...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 02:32 pm
Hey, I'm a guy. Just cause, you know, I bought a soft peeling bar of creamy soap lined with a delicate scrub and the vaguest smell of something lusciously pleasant doesnt mean that I, like, look at my hands to see if they're soft enough already ... jeez.

Razz
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 03:41 pm
So, the corpulent metal chick who lives with her b/f two doorways down does do heroin (she's talking all about it with some slurred-speaking guy underneath my window). Damn.

Afterthought: that's kindof sad, that the only couple that looked as messed up as we must have seemed last year (year before that, I mean), used to be on heroin ....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:45 pm
dark clouds, wedging forward
appearing from behind the roof-edge like tanks
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:28 pm
I'm having trouble accepting the farewell from summer. It's still lingering, one moment more ... sun shining but it's only kind of warm if you're actually in the sunlight - outside, autumn cold. Today it rained, umbrellas against the wind, leaves on the street. But my balcony is still (or again) pretty, and I'm persisting. Finally sitting there in the afternoon, out there instead of in here behind the computer, worming out what last summer experiences still to be had. With candles in the candleholders Y. gave me, once, on the plank just underneath the balcony edge, they're a wondrous warm-orange glow, even in the evening you could still sit out here, reading. Wondering why I didn't, earlier. Opportunities foregone. What a life.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:40 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I like having no beliefs or ideas. It leaves me more open to judge idiocy. Wait a minute...I believe and think I may have contradicted myself there. I blame society, and lack of soap.

You sound like a mushroom trip I was on once.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:42 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

You sound like a mushroom trip I was on once.

I was just trying to get into the spirit of the thread, you know, random observations. For example, you mention a mushroom trip. Are you a mycologist? What did you find?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:49 pm
I found out that my sister was afraid of fear, and that not having any rules was a rule itself. The rest I don't remember. When you said having no beliefs left you more open to judge idiocy, it reminded me of my discovery. Maybe the whole spirit of the thread is like a mushroom trip.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 02:50 pm
I for one am happy this thread was revived. Now my toe hurts.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:23 pm
Speaking of fungi..
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:43 pm
FreeDuck, you did mushroom with your sister? Yowza ...

Now some of my sister's friends I wouldnt have minded doing mushrooms with ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2004 02:20 pm
And today's award for most well-meant nonsequitur goes to African reggea group Tiken Jah Fakoly:

"we are living / on the same planet / so we are / the same".

Yeah, you, me and the iguana, baby.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2004 06:28 pm
Ooh, iguana babies!! I love iguana babies.

Say goodnight Gracie...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 11:26 am
Today is my mother's birthday.

I love you mommy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 02:25 am
Very Happy

That's nice, nimh!
0 Replies