Random observations

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:35 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

I just want a girl who smokes weed, loves to dance, talks street ... and is fascinated by the intricacies of party political systems across the EU Member States.

Is that really too much to ask?

You forgot graphs.

THERE'S the killer for you honey...you just may not get all that AND graphs.

As for the rest....I bet Dagglepuss has LOTS of friends just like that.

Go to Slovakia young man!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:45 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Able2know categorically doesn't allow you to cross-post something you posted in one thread in another thread. Unless you post something else in between. Like this.

You can also add an extra comma or additional word to make the second post unique and the hamsters will allow you to cross-post. They just don't like exact duplicates.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 06:39 pm
pdog - madeleine albright speaks street and loves to dance? i think i might be scared now...

wabbit - as coincidence would have it, i am actually heading for slovakia this weekend!

butrflynet - ah, that makes sense

random ob: propaganda, the 80s band, seriously had some of the daftest video ever, and god knows there was some earnest competition back then. they need literal versions.
dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:21 am
@nimh,
Quote:
wabbit - as coincidence would have it, i am actually heading for slovakia this weekend!

That's a little weird.

You and Daggles meeting up?

Ha! I REALLY thouight you were kind of describing Daggles in your earlier plea, you know!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:31 am
I don't smoke weed, for the good of the humanity (it tends to end badly)

but yeah, will be here this sunday, later in the afternoon- three-ish or so.
patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:17 am
@dagmaraka,
All humanity suffers?

You truly are a force of nature.
dagmaraka

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:22 am
@patiodog,
well, only i tend to end badly, i suppose. not the humanity at large. but the whole of humanity benefits if i don't smoke...because, well, eh.
dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 05:47 am
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:

well, only i tend to end badly, i suppose. not the humanity at large. but the whole of humanity benefits if i don't smoke...because, well, eh.

Because you are there?
sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:29 am
I'm friends with an old boyfriend on FB, and have already noted that his current girlfriend is a dead ringer for me minus ~10 years, as well as having a name that is very similar to mine (a diminutive of mine that I don't use). A picture of the two of them popped up on my wall today and not only the above (oh she also apparently has the exact same glasses) but in this picture she is wearing a shirt I own (and wear fairly often). This is all coincidence, it was just kinda whoa. And I guess not that surprising if you start with the dead ringer part. (Colors that work for me work for her etc.) But still.
Thomas

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:36 am
@sozobe,
Interesting! Why not friend her, explore the field some more, and report back with more observations? Twisted Evil

You might actually like each other if you're so similar.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 09:49 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

dagmaraka wrote:

Because you are there?

no...i think it had to do with the concept of distributive justice (john rawls).
because we (collective) are doing only as good as our weakest part (individual)....
Me be the weakest part in this case. Eh, fuhgeddaboudit. it was end-of-semester crazytalk.
nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:50 am
@sozobe,
hmmm ... i suppose the obvious but not necessarily right interpretation is that he never got over you?

(who can blame him - hey, we've seen the picture of what you looked like ;-)
sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:53 am
@nimh,
We-e-lll, could be more a type thing. (I'm his type, she's his type.)

The shirt just kinda brought me up short.

How are you doing anyway?
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:53 am
@dagmaraka,
Nah....I get it.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:54 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
hmmm ... i suppose the obvious but not necessarily right interpretation is that he never got over you?

nimh, the conclusion that sozobe is an evil twin is at least... <holds hands apart> this much more obvious.

I knew it.
sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:01 am
@Robert Gentel,
Can clones be evil?

'Cause she's definitely younger.

Wait that would make her the evil one. Maybe she's the NICE clone of the evil original?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:03 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I'm friends with an old boyfriend on FB, and have already noted that his current girlfriend is a dead ringer for me minus ~10 years, as well as having a name that is very similar to mine (a diminutive of mine that I don't use). A picture of the two of them popped up on my wall today and not only the above (oh she also apparently has the exact same glasses) but in this picture she is wearing a shirt I own (and wear fairly often). This is all coincidence, it was just kinda whoa. And I guess not that surprising if you start with the dead ringer part. (Colors that work for me work for her etc.) But still.

I don't know.

Our "types" are often readily discernible to others but not to us.

Case in point:

One of my dearest male friends was once in a situation where he had an ex-wife, a current girlfriend, and a JUST former girlfriend (to whom he had indicated that she should return from England to be with him...and then got all terrified like) all quite active in his life for disparate reasons.

I had NEVER (although I knew them all) seen them as similar.

Then, one day, hell descended upon us.

All three arrived at the front door together.

As a kind and decent friend, I, while he hid gibbering in his bedroom, handled the situation.

Thing is, as they approached from the front gate, I heard them meet and greet politely.

They had INDISTINGUISHABLE voices!!! All husky and low. I could not tell who was who.

When I met them at the door, I realised they were all the same height, and body type (short and chubby.)

And they were all SO intense!!! All florid of complexion, overwhelming, highly verbal, very clever, kind of nuts (each in different ways)...it was like being mobbed by a litter of puppies with the same sire and dam.

It gave me GREAT pause for thought and the material for intense analysis of my own patterns.
sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:18 am
@dlowan,
Ha! I had one of those cosmic convergences, it was weird as hell. I didn't see any obvious similarities between the four currents and exes* that randomly assembled on a corner (I'd be talking to one when another would wander by and join us) but I bet they were there.

*That is, one current and three exes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:16 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
it was like being mobbed by a litter of puppies with the same sire and dam.

Ha! Perfect.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:50 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

We-e-lll, could be more a type thing. (I'm his type, she's his type.)

The shirt just kinda brought me up short.

Yeah, totally - there's being the same type, and there's a more eerie similarity! Dlowans example just now was hilarious, in a way, or hilariously written up.

Mmm I wonder what others see if you'd line up my ex-girlfriends/lovers. For the relatively small number there were, they've spanned a wide, uh, span in character, I'd think .. although I guess the whole point would be that I wouldn't see or be aware of the similarity ..

Well, it's also harder to tell, I guess, because most of the past decade was, in some way or other, taken by Staz, and in between there were just a handful of flirts, affairs, the like - so that's different from comparing proper relationships. I've only ever slept with, like, a dozen women or so, and half of those are over 10 years ago now (yikes).

Most of them have certainly been smart, pretty and a little unstable, one way or other. Strong personalities, mostly. But with a sweet side. I'd be surprised if more than one or two of the dozen have ended up housewives, but I also doubt that more than one became, like, businesswomen or something.

Looks? Interesting, really. Most of them had long hair. Only two or three blondes among them. Most of them had dark eyes. Most of them were slim. Huh.

sozobe wrote:

How are you doing anyway?

Today, very good. (-: And not just because Holland won the game.(-;

Let's see if my luck holds. (: