Farenheit 9/11 trailer (link inside)

McGentrix

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
So, where does Bush come in?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:13 am
At this point, nowhere. Those who haven't seen the film apparantly believe he does come up in regards to allowing the bin Laden family to leave the US. It's hard for me to believe that the FBI was never in contact with the President and didn't pass on what was transpiring. We may never know if he have the order or not or if there was a standing order. As time goes by, more is coming out about what happened during those days. To criticize a film that hasn't even been released and seen is also dubious journalism. I don't see anywhere in these two-bit online journals where they actually say they've seen the movie. This is therefore heresay.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:23 am
If Clark was making the decisions to move the bin Ladins then the best Bush could do was either confirm or countermand them. This leaves only two possibilities, he knew and approved or he did not know. It is down to two questions; what did the president know and when did he know it, and if he did not know it why.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:29 am
And how important is it? I don't find this can in any way be the crux of the movie (zannily characterized by the article by another amateur Drudge) nor the ultimate proof that Bush Jr. had bin Laden family connections. There's lots of other good evidence he did so it doesn't hinge on this one action.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:31 am
The President also isn't sure who Chalabi is either with some really bad acting at a press conferance and scathingly satirized by Jon Stewart yesterday. He's no Reagan.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:32 am
Could it be possible that there were more important issues to be dealt with following 9/11 that the CIC did not need to make EVERY decision on EVERY subject following 9/11? Perhaps people are given jobs with responsibilities that allow them to make decisions such as these?

And besides Acquiunk, 2 possibilities? What about Clarke deciding it didn't need to go any further? Or perhaps it was Clarke's job to make decisions such as these? There doesn't need to be only 2 choices on this subject.
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:39 am
I've never seen a right winger trying to pass the buck so desperately , to the point of not knowing what exactly he has to pass the buck about.
And he hasn't even addressed the duck hunting thread ....
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:40 am
McGentrix wrote:
And besides Acquiunk, 2 possibilities? What about Clarke deciding it didn't need to go any further? Or perhaps it was Clarke's job to make decisions such as these? There doesn't need to be only 2 choices on this subject.

As all icvilian air traffic was supposed to be grounded, at some point the president would or should have known there were plans in the air and why. If he did not think that was significant , in other words did not order them down, I think it is reasonable to know why. If he did not know they were flying I think it is reasonable to know why he did not in the context of the time.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:44 am
So, do you supposed that the CEO of General Motors makes every decision for the company? Do you think that he needs to know about every decision made? Or, do you think that he hires upper managment based on what he thinks that they can do and then allows them to do their jobs?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
He does not and should not make every decision, but he should know about major decision, especially in the particular situation we are talking about.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:51 am
A parallel could be that a General Motors underling shuts down all the Cadillac plants because of some disgruntled employees setting off a bomb in one of the plants without any communication with the President or CEO of GM. Sure.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:55 pm
Jer wrote:
Why don't we watch the movie and then debate it?

Well we could start with what is in the trailer.

I was rather fond of the clip at what I presume was a fund raiser. Bush is speaking and says," this is an impressive crowd, the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite. I call you my base."

Makes you just want to reach out and hug the man, right McG?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
Bush is quite adept at incriminating himself -- the use of the word "crusade" and the words "this would be easier if I were a dictator" are just a few which have come back to haunt him.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:57 pm
And his supporters are quite adept at closing eyes and ears to his revelations of true self.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 02:37 pm
Yes, his supporters are, in fact, very athletic.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:27 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Yes, his supporters are, in fact, very athletic.

Possibly a new olympic sport....hoop jumping.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:36 am
Well, not many Bush supporters have showed up to defend his "haves and have mores" comment. Can't say as I would want to try and defend that one either.

How about the clip on the golf course? Bush says, "I call upon all nations to do what they can to stop these terrorist killers. Now watch this drive..
Did I detect just a little arrogance there?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 12:01 pm
It's one thing to see the foopaw of the week which are accurate documents but when they are assembled together it's devastating.
0 Replies