Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, you know very well I acknowledge violence done in the name of Christianity, and any other documented wars.

Do they, in any way, affect (positively or negatively) whether or not Islam is a dangerous religion? (the only possible answer is 'no')

It appears that what you raise the matter for, is as a comparison for the degree of danger...which actually implicitly admits that there is a danger, but seeks to minimise the degree....as you summed up perfectly by saying:

Quote:
However, when you start looking at history and the number and extent of so-called other religious wars, the impact of Muslim violence is quite small in comparison. Look up christian wars, Roman wars, buddhist wars, and the ongoing war in Israel.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 02:49 pm
@vikorr,
No, Islam is not a dangerous religion. Extremists can make any religion dangerous.

Why is it that you continue to emphasize Muslim violence?

We'd like to see some balance - if that's possible.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No,

Religion

Any immutable system that destroys evolution, change and humanity, for a make-believe system

IS POISON TO OUR COMMUNITY - NO IF'S AND'S OR BUT's!

When you're an idiot, you go to religion; when you're intelligent, LIFE IS YOUR REALIGION.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:12 pm
@coldjoint,
The OT is part of the Christian Bible. Since you say it hasn't been abrogated then it should be followed. You are saying that you believe that Christians are OK to choose which verses to follow but Muslims don't do that but are restricted to the verses YOU choose for them. That is complete nonsense, Pinkie.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:17 pm
@parados,
Most of these people who only see one side to everything else are bigots. Their only goal is to denigrate others they see as 'different.' They'll never admit to the commands in the bible that tells them to stone their own family members if they do not follow their god or do not heed their parents.

parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:28 pm
@vikorr,
Your entire argument seems to be that based on YOUR OPINION without any hard evidence in that you think Islam is worse than Christianity. What objective standard are you using? Is there a certain percent of a religion that must act with violence before you think they are this dangerous?

Christianity is considered dangerous in many countries. You are only dealing with it from a subjective point of view. Recent stories from Central African Republic concern a christian militia that has been killing Muslim civilians.

You need to set out specific standards that cause a religion to meet your standard of being dangerous. What is the percentage of it's adherents being violent that you require?

We are attempting to DEFINE what makes a religion dangerous in an objective fashion. Simply having a "violent" founder is not a reason since none of the adherents are the founder. You are getting closer to defining it but most of your standards are still very subjective.

Quote:
In terms of neither being dangerous...my criteria for that is simply 'there must be enough acts of violence / or threatened acts of violence in that religions name, that you (the individual) consider it dangerous', combined with how much the religion contributes to that violence done in it's name.
Purely subjective and allows each individual to create their own opinion. Under that standard Muslims in Iraq could consider Christianity a violent religion and not so with Islam. Personally, I am statistically more likely to be struck by lightning twice before I am attacked by a Muslim but I have been hit more than once by a Christian in my life.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:37 pm
@parados,
By your own criteria,
Quote:
my criteria for that is simply 'there must be enough acts of violence / or threatened acts of violence in that religions name, that you (the individual) consider it dangerous', combined with how much the religion contributes to that violence done in it's name.
you seem to ignore all the history of other religious violence. Please research "christian violence, buddhist violence, Roman violence, catholics against protestant violence, inquisition, crusades, religious violence, judism (they are taught to kill all non-jews), and secularism.

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-genocide-gentilehate.html
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So the religious people that believe people will burn in hell are cherry-picking a book that says you will burn in hell, when they want to?

That's like a child of a parent obeying their parent's rules when they are scared to stand up for themselves for a transcendent cause, but disobeys their rules when they want to have some mindless fun.

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C - Both reasons based on them not eliminating "burning in hell" like "stoning to death", when they cherry-pick it - and people like you somehow not realizing how much insanity and psychopathy is involved in people who really think people should suffer for eternity based on a book they don't even take seriously, all the while they take the people they judge seriously - THAT'S MANIACAL.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why is it that you continue to emphasize Muslim violence?
The name of the thread CI...asked a question of Islam. The only possible way to answer is to see how much evidence of violence there is...it's not 'emphasising', it's documenting...but people want to ignore & not even discuss existing evidence.

If this were 'the Islamic Vs Christian Violence' thread, it would be a different story, and then the allegation of 'emphasising Islamic violence' would be legitimate implying bias...but it's not that kind of thread.

My own take on the original topic is that Islam is a dangerous religion...for the same reasons then - evidence must be produced as to the danger it is causing.

The evidence of the violence in Islam's name (which must first be produced) then must be compared against the texts & institutional systems of the religion to see how much (if at all) the religion itself contributes.

Naysayers refuse to acknowledge or discuss the first...making the second difficult to impossible.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:16 pm
@vikorr,
You misunderstood the title which says,
Quote:

It doesn't ask for 'violent muslim nations.'

Since your emphasis was on violent Muslim nations, we have tried to inform you that all religious nations have been violent.

Now, answer the question,
Quote:
One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:16 pm
@vikorr,
They are stupid, Vikorr.

Keep arguing, keep manning the truth.

They all avoid the same part of your post because that's the truth, but they deny it so they move the goal post.

It's okay, Vikorr. I'm here with you - you are 100% correct that immutable systems of ideals poison the brain from being able to reason and to understand reality.

They are idiots - they agree with other idiots. It's called "discordant concordance". Idiots agree with other idiots - intellects don't agree with other intellects unless there is an intellectual agreement, not "oh wow, you thought what I said, us together makes our lies and BS more true, rite?".
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:19 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Your entire argument seems to be that based on YOUR OPINION without any hard evidence in that you think Islam is worse than Christianity.
*cough* all links already provided *cough*

Parados:
-.that you can't find my links between to hard evidence between 16-21, is your own laziness.
- That you cannot google 'list of terrorist incidents', 'list of terrorist incidents 2014', 'list of church bombings', 'list of islamic terrorist organisations'...is again, your own laziness.

(some lists of incidents, for example those involved in the Israel conflict, I ignore - there's way to much other stuff going on there for it to mean anything)

Until you show a lack of laziness to educate yourself, and a willingness to acknowledge and discuss such Islamic violence...why should I give you an iota of credibility?

Quote:
Purely subjective and allows each individual to create their own opinion.
Duh - didn't I say I'm happy for you to hold a different opinion - so long as you actually start finding out what you are talking about, and look at it with an open mind.

All you are proving so far...is that you are happy making judgements in ignorance, and don't want to find out.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:22 pm
@vikorr,
You forget the part where the people protect these not-so-much people because they came from the same land!

One is acting on the work of evil - the other is an accomplice to the work of evil. This is as bad as a father beating a child, while the mother doesn't even try to fight back, but later when the father is caught, the mother is free to live to lie about how much she wanted to help, oh' the humanity!

There ARE no BLURRED LINES HERE. The Islamic population is the "mother" - the Islamic extremists is the "father" - when any Islamic individual LEAVES and WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CORRUPT WORLD, THEN - ONLY THEN - ARE THEY TO BE TREATED AND RESPECTED AS HUMAN. OTHERWISE, they are that "mother" in disguise, hiding under our radars, waiting to strike with the emotion and pain they pent up all that time!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:26 pm
@vikorr,
You wrote,
Quote:
(some lists of incidents, for example those involved in the Israel conflict, I ignore - there's way to much other stuff going on there for it to mean anything)

Really? What's the 'other stuff' you're talking about?
vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hello CI...are there any peaceful nations asks 'are there any without violence' (as the OP went on to allege in the body of his OP).

And to me the question really asks 'does Islam cause violence in it's name...that results in religious conflict wherever it goes...resulting in Islamic nations without peace'

I didn't misunderstand the title - as I mentioned, which you apparently didn't read - that's not my take on it this thread.

My take on that thought is 'yes, Islam is a dangerous religion, and it contributes to the violence done in it's name'. It's closely related enough that it doesn't need it's own thread.

Quote:
we have tried to inform you that all religious nations have been violent.
And I've acknowledged that - if you can find a place where I haven't, please link it.

And as I've mentioned over and over again - it is quite possible for each religion (and each country, and each ideology) to be judged on it's own merits.

...but you have an aversion to judging Islam on it's own merits...because judging violence in the name of Islam vs Islamic texts (and it's founding) is not going to paint Islam in a good light.
vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Really? What's the 'other stuff' you're talking about?
the displaced peoples, the thefts, the deaths, the geo political situation, and all it's permutations. I ignore any 'terrorist incidents' in lists related to that conflict because I don't feel educated enough about the conflict to make an informed judgement.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:36 pm
@vikorr,
"...but you have an aversion to judging Islam on it's own merits...because judging violence in the name of Islam vs Islamic texts (and it's founding) is not going to paint Islam in a good light."

That's exactly the reason for people's diversion.

People don't want to discuss this topic because they are afraid of being tracked down and mutilated by the extremists. They are COWARDS. People avoid drug cartels, sex rings and all sorts of other problems for the same reason with the same lack of back bone you can see during the dark ages when kings took over people's land because the people were too busy practicing having a noose around their neck, with their HEADS DOWN. People really have no fight in them WHEN IT MATTERS - but like the Alamo, people THEN FIGHT WHEN THEY ARE DOWN TO A HUNDRED.

PEOPLE ARE CRAZY - END OF STORY. Judgmental, hypocritical, terrible, liars, fools and tools.
parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:40 pm
@vikorr,
Repeating your same subjective argument with anecdotal evidence doesn't make your argument any stronger. It only shows you are the one that is being lazy since you can't provide any objective standard.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:43 pm
@parados,
No,

Vik provided an OBJECTIVE STANCE.

You have a SUBJECTIVE STANCE.

Therefore you say HIS stance is SUBJECTIVE, so that YOUR stance looks OBJECTIVE.

Flipping the tables is easy, Parody. Quit ******* around with these issues. These are real ISSUES. If you want to go whine about who is right and who is wrong instead of ARGUING THE DETAILS, THEN GO FIND A PRO-BEIBER AND ANTI-BEIBER WAR, LET YOUR HEART OUT THEN.
vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 04:50 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I think, One Eyed Mind, that we must have a different opinion of people:
- I think we all have strengths & weaknesses, myself included. CI, Parados and all others without doubt have strengths that I don't possess...and visa versa.
- we all have a different journey, and leads us to different beliefs at different stages of our life
- we all learn at a different rate
- etc

In other words - that people disagree with me is quite okay. No doubt each poster here, has many a majority of beliefs that I agree with - it's just here that we have a wide disagreement in opinion (that I know of so far)