Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:04 am
@parados,
Quote:

Where in the NT does it say homosexuality is an abomination?

You are not the one asking the questions here, you are avoiding answering them. I am quoting Islamic verses. You are excusing it with Christianity. Find your own verses.
parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:07 am
@coldjoint,
It seems you want to avoid abrogation in Islam but declare it exists in Christianity. That only shows even more how you are biased.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:07 am
Quote:
“Whatever Revelation We abrogate
or cause to be forgotten, We substitute
something better.”
Qur’an 16:103
“When we replace a message with another, and Allah knows best what He
reveals, they say: ‘You have made it up.’”
Qur’an 4:82
“Do they not ponder over the Qur’an? Had it been the word of any other but Allah
they would surely have found a good deal of variation in it, much discrepancy and incongruity...those who check and scrutinize will know it.”

-

http://www.prophetofdoom.net/pdf/Prophet_of_Doom_Appendix_Quotes.pdf
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:09 am
@parados,
Quote:
That only shows even more how you are biased.

And that only shows you wish to demean me instead of discuss the subject. Try again Shill.
parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:14 am
@coldjoint,
Because you selectively pick verses to support your opinion shows you are biased. In the case of Islam, you pick the violent verses and discard the peaceful ones that outnumber those of violence and then in Christianity you discard the violent ones as if they don't exist.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:17 am
@parados,
Quote:
Quote:
you pick the violent verses and discard the peaceful ones
that outnumber those of violence and then in Christianity you discard the violent ones as if they don't exist.

Islam itself discards the peaceful and tolerant verses(abrogation), not me. Now, again show me the violent verses in the NT.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:18 am
@parados,
His bias is based on narrow-mindedness, ignorance, and bigotry. Can't help people like that! It's in their genes.
parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
Some sects do that. Just as some sects of Christianity rely heavily on the OT.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
His bias is based on narrow-mindedness, ignorance, and bigotry

Beat it, you senile old man.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:25 am
@parados,
Quote:
Some sects do that. Just as some sects of Christianity rely heavily on the OT.

And this somehow justifies the hatred advanced in the Koran? Confront what the Koran says, not what you think Christianity has to do with it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:28 am
Quote:
Quran Confirms Bible Has Not Been Abrogated

http://www.arabicbible.com/for-muslims/the-koran/1587-quran-confirms-bible-has-not-been-abrogated.html
parados

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 10:59 am
@coldjoint,
So then you are now arguing that stoning is still something that should be practiced by Christians. Good for you, Pinkie.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:14 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So then you are now arguing that stoning is still something that should be practiced by Christians.

It never was practiced by Christians. And you are changing the subject. Islam is a hateful religion and Christianity is not an excuse.

But excuses are your life.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
There are men who change when they had enough with their lies.

Then there are men who can only change when they hadn't enough of their lies.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:29 pm
Progressives know Islam will pour money into their political machine. This is the only reason parados is here. Islam and progressives are thick as thieves.

0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:36 pm
@parados,
The books based on abrahamic versions of "god", have two sides like the world has two sides, "the good" and "the evil".

The OT is "evil".

The NT is "good".

People don't care about the "good". They live, thrive and urge themselves through "evil".

Just look at our media for christ's sake. People love violence. Love fear. Love watching other people screw up their lives. They are entertained in the same way roman fights in the coliseum entertained them. But with all entertainment comes desensitization, people will keep wanting more - and more - AND MORE, until they have crossed the X and Y between what is moral and what is immoral.

People are judgmental. Hateful. They feed off of telling you that you'll burn in eternal hell if you don't agree with their ego. People are menacing animals beneath their masks, and if you placed a psychopath next to a person at execution day, the psychopath would feel the human in the prisoner, and the people will become the psychopath. That's how TWISTED EVERYONE IS.

So quit lying through your teeth. People are hateful and fearful creatures that are judgmental and spiteful towards anyone. They use the OT and the violent verses of the Islamic version to fuel their EMOTIONS. You can't use the NT to fuel your hate, the same way conspiracy theorists and the religious can't use SCIENCE TO FUEL THEIR HATRED.

Grow the **** up and learn some sociology. People are using things to vent their violent sides through. These books are rationalizing their decisions! Do you not understand how much of a danger this all is!?

OF COURSE YOU DON'T. You don't even realize how dangerous ignorance is! Well let me give you a reality slap - all the problems that exist today are caused by one thing: negligence.

I'll tell you exactly where that "negligence" lies - it lies in the fact that nobody in the history of mankind has followed the genius! They followed wars, riots and gangs or other disassociating groups!

Want to fix this world? Get the people to follow the geniuses. There - problem solved. Give the geniuses the position to power, not politicians. Hell, give Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert the position of power.

Imagine if Nikola Tesla was a president.

Imagine if Fibonacci was a president.

Imagine if George Carlin was a president.

Imagine if Carl Sagan was a president!

JUST IMAGINE!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:43 pm
@parados,
If the bible had said, "zap sinners with your laser gun," I'd be a real believer in the bible - because it confirms it's the word of god.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:44 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Your 2 claims are what I am refuting.

Pretty hard to refute something you can't even bring yourself to look into or discuss.
Quote:
Are there Islamic terrorist organizations? Yes. Are there Christian terrorist organizations? Also yes.
Oh you're prepared to start admitting to such organisations...

...but still not prepared to talk about the violence done in the name of Islam?

Well, it's a starting point.

Please list the number of terrorist organisations in each religion.
Quote:
Do you think Christianity contributes to the violence done in it's name?
Of course it does. Not quite as directly as Islam, but absolutely.

I say not quite as directly because each must be judged on it's individual merits, for how directly it contributes. For each we have:

Islam:
- the founder engaged in severe violence, including killing multiple other people
- the founders teachings changed from peace to violence as his political circumstances changed - the lessons from such can't be lost on followers
- their holy book, written by the founder included many, many versus supporting his violence
and
- those calls to violence were open ended, and many are as applicable today as they were back then

And (rather than Vs)

Christianity's central figure (the one after whom the religion is named) taught to 'turn the other cheek', healed his 'enemies', 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', and suffered crucifixion by his enemies with no bitterness towards them. His one act of violence as I recall wasn't to convert, was towards hmmm...people defiling a temple? Not seen today that I know of, but were it seen, you would have to say this act contributed towards such.

In any event, the reason Christianity isn't free from guilt of contributing to violence is that:
- like any such religion, the 'certainty' or 'righteousness' it produces often creates intolerance. Intolerance / fear is the forebear of most violence. In this regard it definitely contributes to violence done in it's name
- also like any such religion, it can attract extremists...and the church doesn't have a system to actively discourage such (that I know of)
- it has numerous examples behaviour in the old testament (which Islam also references) that can be used to justify violence. Of note, most of the examples of violence were close ended (rather than open ended leading to applicability today). But it is still open to some use.
- it has some examples of violence/intolerance in the new testament to follow (eg God Hating gays)
- It's historical systems (ie the Catholic Church) worked in a way that allowed the promotion of violence in it's name

Quote:
Do you think Christianity is a dangerous religion?
In some places, yes. Northern Ireland for example, NE India is another, and the nutters from the KKK are another (I would call all extremists nutters, but these ones deserve special mention)

The reason I draw a blanket 'Islam is a dangerous religion' is that it appears that it is dangerous to the whole world in a number of ways:
- frequency
- severity
- and without saying, as we are talking about the world, breadth.

And before you disagree...you had better look into each countries attempts to control radical Islam in their own countries (to protect themselves from terrorist attacks).

Quote:
If you are truly non biased then you would have to answer yes to both questions.
If I was truly non biased - I would judge each on their own merits. To just answer 'yes' and 'yes' to your question would be to suggest they were equal, which would be applying 'they must be equal no matter what' paradigms...which defeats judging each on their own merits. Still, we have very roughly, similar answers.

Quote:
My position is that Christianity is not a dangerous religion and by the same standard neither is Islam even though there is evidence of both religions having groups committing violent acts in the name of that religion.
Of course there is...that is not excuse to:
- not acknowledge and discuss the level, breadth, and amount of violence done in each religions name
- not look into the common contributing factors
- refuse to discuss the common contributing factors

In terms of neither being dangerous...my criteria for that is simply 'there must be enough acts of violence / or threatened acts of violence in that religions name, that you (the individual) consider it dangerous', combined with how much the religion contributes to that violence done in it's name.

If you don't that would be fine...were you are basing it on knowledge, and an open mind...neither of which you are displaying much of at the moment
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:48 pm
@vikorr,
You wrote,
Quote:
...but still not prepared to talk about the violence done in the name of Islam?

The Sunnis and Shias in Iraq have been at war for over 1,000 years. Do you know of any christian wars that's lasted that long?

However, when you start looking at history and the number and extent of so-called other religious wars, the impact of Muslim violence is quite small in comparison. Look up christian wars, Roman wars, buddhist wars, and the ongoing war in Israel.

Quote:
In 16th Century France there was a succession of wars between Roman Catholics and Protestants (Hugenots primarily), known as the French Wars of Religion. In the first half of the 17th century, the German states, Scandinavia (Sweden, primarily) and Poland were beset by religious warfare in the Thirty Years War. Roman Catholicism and Protestantism figured in the opposing sides of this conflict, though Catholic France did take the side of the Protestants but purely for political reasons.

Also, do you know anything about the Northern Ireland war between the Catholics and Protestants? How about the Irish war for independence?

One Eyed Mind

Fri 24 Oct, 2014 01:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All the more reason to stop letting people reduce themselves to these harmful ideologies that play on their hate and fear!
0 Replies