Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:34 pm
@coldjoint,
That's where you show your total ignorance. Many countries in Central Asia that are predominantly Muslim have laws against promoting religion.

Quote:
The main teachings of Islam are:
Muslims have seven main beliefs. These are as follows:
A belief in a single, unitary God who is all-powerful, all-knowing, and without any children or family of any kind.
A belief in angels who are made of light and who can assume any form they wish, much like a hologram.
A belief in revealed scriptures (oral or written) that are given to prophets. These include the Torah of Moses, the Psalms of David, the Gospel of Jesus, and the Qur’an of Muhammad.
A belief in the concept of prophets, or chosen guides who are contacted by God and given a mission to teach and/or lead.
A belief in a last day for the earth, when it will all end and then all souls will be brought back to God for a review of their record of beliefs and actions.
A belief in the foreknowledge of God regarding the future.
A belief in a next life. The soul will live on after judgment day and exist in either Paradise or Hellfire. Some souls, whose sins are minor, will be allowed to leave Hellfire and enter Paradise after their punishment has been served.

Your ignorance is universal of all matters. Keep proving it with your many posts.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Read about christian extremists. You might learn something - which I doubt.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/christian-extremism/
coldjoint

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Read about christian extremists.

What is their body count? Here is Islams for the last couple of days.
Quote:
Islam's Latest Contribiibutions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2014.10.13 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Twenty-two people are reduced to pulp by a Holy Warrior with a suicide vest.
2014.10.13 (Mogadishu, Somalia) - Thirteen people at a cafe are obliterated by pro-Sharia bombers.
2014.10.12 (Wardak, Afghanistan) - A half dozen locals are cut to pieces by a suicide car bomber.
2014.10.12 (Mogadishu, Somalia) - A half dozen people are disassembled by an Islamist car bomb.
2014.10.12 (Qara Tappah, Iraq) - Three caliphate suicide bombers massacre sixty Kurds.
2014.10.11 (Meshahda, Iraq) - Women and children are among the casualites of a barbaric Fedayeen suicide bombing.

* Sources for individual incidents can be provided upon request.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Feel free to post any deadly Christian extremist attacks. Today or yesterday will do.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:10 pm
@coldjoint,
The US started illegal wars in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. We killed 195,000 to 430,000 in Vietnam, 130,000 to 146,000 in Iraq, and 21,000 in the Afghanistan war. Conservative estimate for the three wars? Over 400,000 innocent civilians killed.

We also support Israels genocide against the Palestinians with war machines and money. Over 91,000 Palestinian civilians killed.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's some history of British genocide, a non-Muslim country.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/martin-shaw/britain-and-genocide

Have you ever heard of Napoleon? How about Genghis Khan? Tamerin? They weren't Muslims.

You're an ignorant SOB without any knowledge of anything.
coldjoint

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Have you ever heard of Napoleon? How about Genghis Khan? Tamerin? They weren't Muslims.

Do you know the difference between then and now? You truly are an old fool.
cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:22 pm
@coldjoint,
Yes, there are still extremists in many countries including the US - today.

The three wars I included were during my lifetime. Is that too difficult to comprehend?
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 14 Oct, 2014 10:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What percentage of Muslims are extremists like the jihadist group? What percentage are peaceful?
Hello CI, I have already posted that the majority of muslims are peaceful. I can post the link to that statement, should you wish.

Do you by the way, notice that I differentiate between Islam and Muslims? It seems most people completely miss this, but there are important differences between the two names.

Looking at the world, the questions that arise are:

- why is there so much violence in the name of Islam
- why is that violence so widespread - happening in so many countries
- why is the level of violence in the name of Islam so severe
- why is there not a large scale muslim outcry against the above
- why do so many islamic leaders support the violence ('so many' does not equate to the majority)
- why do so many followers sympathise with the violence
- why is the religion so intolerant of: polytheists, women having power (this seems endemic - I don't if the religion has anything on it to say per se), people making fun of their prophet (which attracts a death sentence), people converting to other religions (which can also attract a death sentence)
- why, when it is the majority religion, do the followers want to seize state power,
- why do Islamic states treat everyone else as a second class citizen?

Lordyaswas

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 01:05 am
@vikorr,
-"why is there so much violence in the name of Islam "

If you replace the word "west", with the word "Christianity", you may start to think a little differently about who has dished out the most violence in modern times.
To most muslims in the middle east, "west" and "christian" mean much the same thing when it comes to neighbourhoods exploding.

------------------

" why is that violence so widespread - happening in so many countries"

Please be more specific about all this. What level of violence? Which countries?

--------------------

" why is the level of violence in the name of Islam so severe"......

Please clarify. You are possibly referring to beheadings? If so, it is in my view, a "shock and awe" tactic. Who do you think came up with that particular strategy? How many beheadings have come about by smart bomb in the past fifteen odd years?

--------------------
" why is there not a large scale muslim outcry against the above"

Maybe because the western press doesn't really persue such stories, as there is no mileage in it with their readers?

Here's a recent one.....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bolton/11524297.Bolton_s_Muslim_community_raises___30_000_in_tribute_to_Alan_Henning/?ref=twtrec

And one from three years ago......

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/edwest/100114457/muslim-youths-will-be-out-in-force-today-collecting-money-for-the-british-legion/

(A ten second search)
---------------------------

- "why do so many islamic leaders support the violence ('so many' does not equate to the majority)"

Assumptive question. Please specify who these are.

------------------------
- "why do so many followers sympathise with the violence"

Again, massively assumptive question. Any chance of a few facts to back this up?

------------------------
-" why is the religion so intolerant of: polytheists, women having power (this seems endemic - I don't if the religion has anything on it to say per se), people making fun of their prophet (which attracts a death sentence), people converting to other religions (which can also attract a death sentence)"

Maybe it's because this particular religion has not moved with the times? I am anti religion so am possibly on your side with this particular point, but it would be more productive for you to ask for an authority on Islam to answer these questions, rather than assume and/or speculate.

----------------------------
- "why, when it is the majority religion, do the followers want to seize state power,"

Because in my opinion, religion is ALL about power. Rome goes about it in a different way, but desires (and has) worldwide power all the same.

--------------------------
- "why do Islamic states treat everyone else as a second class citizen? "

Because they think that they are right, and you are wrong. Their god (so they seem to be saying) adopts the exact same strategy as GW Bush, or was it the other way around, ie "You are either with him, or against him."

It shuts up dissenters. Simple.

vikorr

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 02:26 am
@Lordyaswas,
Hello Lodyaswas

Quote:
If you replace the word "west", with the word "Christianity", you may start to think a little differently about who has dished out the most violence in modern times.
Please stop apologising for evil done in the name of Islam...as so many have tried to do already...evil done in the name of one ideology does not excuse evil done in the name of any other ideology...no evil in the name of ideology is acceptable....not christian, not islamic, not nationalistic, not economic.

That there are so many excusers and apologists for evil done in the name of Islam never ceases to amaze me.

As a side comment : In another thread I would happily talk about the evils of western govts, historic christianity, economics etc (it's something I have done - in other threads)...but this is not a thread about those evils, rights, and wrongs.

Quote:
Please be more specific about all this. What level of violence? Which countries?
In relation to this, and most every other response you posted... your responses show that you haven't read the thread, nor done your own research....already in this thread, I've linked a plethora of examples - and a vast amount of information is readily available on the internet.

I don't feel the need to respost what you can read in this thread for yourself, should you be bothered, or what you can research for yourself, should you be bothered.
Lordyaswas

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 03:26 am
@vikorr,
"Please stop apologising for evil done in the name of Islam..."

I'm not apologising for anything. Which of your two brain cells interpreted it that way.

I tried to respond with reason. It seems that that was a mistake.

Sorry for interrupting your rant.

Carry on.
vikorr

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 04:12 am
@Lordyaswas,
Really?

As mentioned in previous posts...there's only 2 reasons to make such a comparison:
1. to point out hypcocrisy ,where a person excuses one evil but not the other (which isn't applicable here)
2. to excuse evil

Quite frankly...when caught out excusing/apologising for evil (done in the name of Islam)...you resort to baseless insults....since when is saying 'no evil in the name of ideology is acceptable' a rant? Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
If you replace the word "west", with the word "Christianity",

You might want to replace those words with past and present. And presently Islam is doing the killing. Christianity only serves as an excuse for those who refuse to grasp the reality.
vikorr

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:15 pm
@coldjoint,
moved to PM
cicerone imposter

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:28 pm
@vikorr,
Your .02c is worth zilch because it's about "Muslim nations" vs all others including the US. The US represents only five percent of the world population, but we are responsible for more killings, violence and destruction (even against Muslim countries) of other countries than any Muslim nation. Germany killed over four million Jews and Poles, and that's current history; it's during my life time. That's not considered distant history; many of us were alive when that occurred. Don't you know your history?

It's about comparisons of what the extremist Muslims are doing against so-called christian countries such as the UK and the US. Many of the extremist Muslims are doing harm in other Muslim countries. The Sunnis and Shia in Iraq have been battling between themselves for over one thousand years, and they're still fighting. The UK were involved with us in Iraq and Afghanistan - both Muslim countries.

Also, the extremist elements of Muslims kill other Muslims the majority of time. Do you know where ISIS is fighting their wars? Probably not. FACT: In Muslim countries.

That's not hypocrisy; those are facts.
vikorr

Wed 15 Oct, 2014 11:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You saw the post huh. Well, as mentioned, I moved it to PM.

Quote:
Your .02c is worth zilch because it's about "Muslim nations" vs all others including the US. The US represents only five percent of the world population, but we are responsible for more killings, violence and destruction (even against Muslim countries) of other countries than any Muslim nation. Germany killed over four million Jews and Poles, and that's current history; it's during my life time. That's not considered distant history; many of us were alive when that occurred. Don't you know your history?
However, as you decided to comment - your post proves exactly, the point I was making in that post.

Quote:
Do you know where ISIS is fighting their wars? Probably not.
CI...ISIS is a daily news event...I would have thought you much too intelligent to indulge in such absurd slanging.

Quote:
Those are facts.
And so they are.

Why is it that I can acknowledge such facts, and still find Islam a dangerous religion? The obvious answer...

Each ideology/system should be judged on it's own merits (including it's own contributing circumstances, and it's own outcomes). Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge such a concept?
Lordyaswas

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:31 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
If you replace the word "west", with the word "Christianity",

You might want to replace those words with past and present. And presently Islam is doing the killing. Christianity only serves as an excuse for those who refuse to grasp the reality.

How many years does it have to be before present becomes past in this type of conflict?

As far as I know, the Christian West has been bombing and strafing Muslim nations pretty much continuously for the past decade or so, right up until present day.

My point, if you missed it, is that when a Muslim is on the receiving end of a smart bomb and is climbing from the rubble of his house to see if his kids are still alive, he won't necessarily stop to make sure that he is being PC about all of this and making sure he doesn't lump us westerners all together when it comes to his urge for revenge.

He will quickly regard all non muslims, especially "Western" non muslims, as the target for his hatred.

Whether he is right to do this, or whether he should do as you think he should do and mend his ways and become a good, peaceloving little muslim in future is totally irrelevant.

His hatred will be aimed at those who did him wrong. He won't care what we should be called. Westerner, Infidel, Kaffir, Christian....all the same to him. They are killing his people.

Three questions for you.

1. Who has killed the most people from "the other side" since the beginning of the second gulf war (you can include 9/11) up until the present day?

2. How stable is the region now, compared to pre 9/11?

3. How would the region react to Western "boots on the ground" right now?

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 12:34 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Each ideology/system should be judged on it's own merits (including it's own contributing circumstances, and it's own outcomes). Why is it so hard for you to acknowledge such a concept?

that fact that nothing of importance has come out of islamic civilization for over 1000 years is the proof in the pudding.

I need to have tolerance and respect for these throwbacks? I think otherwise. I am not going to hit anyone unless they hit me or mine first, but I dont have to be nice to them.
vikorr

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 01:54 am
@hawkeye10,
That's not totally true Hawkeye - I don't have the timeframes, but Islamic nations were at one stage, and for quite some time, were leading centres for learning, culture, and architecture (if not the leading centres).
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 16 Oct, 2014 02:31 am
Quote:
The Nobel Prize (Swedish pronunciation: [noˈbɛl], Swedish definite form, singular: Nobelpriset, Norwegian: Nobelprisen) is a set of annual international awards bestowed in a number of categories by Scandinavian committees in recognition of cultural and scientific advances. The will of the Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel established the prizes in 1895.

The prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, and Peace were first awarded in 1901. An associated prize in Economics has been awarded since 1969. The Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway, while the other prizes are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden. The Nobel Prize is widely regarded as the most prestigious award available in the fields of literature, medicine, physics, chemistry, peace and economics.

As of 2014, eleven Nobel Prize winners have been Muslims. More than half of the eleven Muslim Nobel laureates were awarded the prize in the 21st century. Seven of the eleven winners have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, including a controversial award to Yasser Arafat. Muslims make up over 23% of the world's population

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_Nobel_laureates