<brrrrrrrrrr & sigh> It's the first day of winter!

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:12 pm
Margo & Mr Stillwater

So you guys had the great, long weekend "up there"? You should have seen whar we copped! Shocked Three days of rain, the effects of which quickly removed by freocious winds from the Antarctic Sad , & grey, grey, grey .... What a weekend: Over 3 days I watched the whole of Brideshead Revisited, waiting for it to be safe to emerge from my cave!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:13 pm
msolga wrote:

We love to whinge about the weather in Melbourne & never seem to be properly prepared for the cold. We're shocked every time! Laughing

We're even less prepared in Sydney - where we believe it "never gets really cold"!
Crap!
I went out for dinner with some friends on Saturday night. The days have been magnificent, clear skies. This means it's quite cold at night. The temperature was probably down to 5C. I needed the aircon on heat in the house morning and evening. I wore, over a long sleeved shirt, my long-ish, high necked woollen jacket, scarf and gloves. Everyone made fun of my outfit - jeez - are you feeling the cold? - that sort of thing.

We were standing in the street, waiting for another couple to arrive, and one of the boys (can someone 40-odd be considered a boy?)was so cold he had to sit in the car, and then wanted the heater on, and the others all piled in behind him.

In the restaurant, and later, where we went for coffee, all these people, dressed in jumpers and light jackets, complained about the cold. I was the only one warmly dressed. I was just fine - no complaints.

But they don't learn - I know that when we go out again, they still won't be properly dressed. 2 of these people come from colder climates (Poland, England). I guess they don't consider it cold - but then, why whinge? One comes from a warmer climate (Sri Lanka) and feels the cold - but still only wore a cotton jacket.

Wait till they see me in full winter regalia - with the duffle coat and hood!

But - I'm not cold Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:23 pm
margo wrote:
Wait till they see me in full winter regalia - with the duffle coat and hood!

Oooooooh, post a photograph, margo! I wanna see this! Very Happy
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:37 am
msolga wrote:
Margo & Mr Stillwater

So you guys had the great, long weekend "up there"? You should have seen whar we copped! Shocked Three days of rain, the effects of which quickly removed by freocious winds from the Antarctic Sad , & grey, grey, grey .... What a weekend: Over 3 days I watched the whole of Brideshead Revisited, waiting for it to be safe to emerge from my cave!

No, it wasn't great - it was a wonderful long weekend up here!! "And we'll have sun, sun, sun till Melbourne floats away!!. Awhooo, oooooooo, oooo, Sun, Sun, Sun..."
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 03:51 am
Evil or Very Mad Dammit! Maybe I should shift?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 06:27 am
msolga wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Dammit! Maybe I should shift?

Cairns come to mind Exclamation
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Hi pueo, How did your family get-together go?

aloha c.i., we're still working on that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:57 am
Shocked
Bleak, grey, cold, blustery, AWFUL!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 02:31 pm
Still just magic! Still no rain though. Bit of wind on the weekend, but fine and sunny.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 06:10 pm
Really, margo? Amazing! We might as well be living in 2 different countries. Sad
The good news is that the roof didn't blow off last night. What a day! What a night! Shocked
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 01:34 am
well just so you know its now the 24thjune and i hear on the radio today that its warmer in sydney than it is here in england
so you dont have it so bad Smile
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 03:48 am
msolga wrote:
Really, margo? Amazing! We might as well be living in 2 different countries. Sad
The good news is that the roof didn't blow off last night. What a day! What a night! Shocked

I always knew that Melbourne was on another planet. Very Happy

But Margo's right. The weather has been very mild here. But that's not such a good thing. With our dams at about 47%, we need rain.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:59 am
Yes, the water shortage .... the Victorian government is thinking of applying permanent restriction on usage.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 02:11 pm
Col Man wrote:
well just so you know its now the 24thjune and i hear on the radio today that its warmer in sydney than it is here in england
so you dont have it so bad Smile

Col Man - welcome to A2K!

Yes - it's great here at present, a little cool in the mornings, but absolute magic days. Work is an inconvenience at present. But...as Wilso says - we're desperate for rain!

English weather - uggghhhh!!!
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:36 pm
thanks for the welcome dude Smile
yeah i heard bout the drought in oz..nightmare 4 you all Sad
well if it was down to me you could have all our rain thanks Wink
if i/we cud just have a bit of your sun.....
why god do i live in england Exclamation
dudes im leaving as soon as i possibly can...
peace and love Very Happy
byeeeeeeee Smile
0 Replies