Freedom of speech on A2K

coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:04 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I pay no attention to anything that creep writes.

That is because the truth about the country you are losing to Islam through cowardice and apathy is too much for you. Calling me names won't change the facts, will it?

Quote:
Libyan soldier blames Brits for sex attacks by Libyan cadets in UK: “They didn’t tell us…what’s the difference between right and wrong here.”

Oh look it is Englands fault.http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/cheer.gif
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/11/libyan-soldier-blames-brits-for-sex-attacks-by-libyan-cadets-in-uk-they-didnt-tell-us-whats-the-difference-between-right-and-wrong-here

0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:12 am
Izzys' roommates.
http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/uk-285x350.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:23 am
Look there is one real man in the UK, and we get stuck with Izzy.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:26 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Then there is that business about Robert himself starting a thread about should A2K ban people for outrageous views, that is views that cause outrage, a couple of days after yet another major call for my banishment. I dont see why he would ask the question if he was not of the opinion that maybe I should be booted. Surely the Hamsters know the views of the Owners and are tempted to reflect them.

I think you completely misread the intent of that thread. I took it (and Robert's discussion on it seems to confirm it) that he was trying to demonstrate to the vocal minority who were calling for your banishment that they didn't have the wide support of the community - which is exactly how it came down - no matter how much folks disagreed with your positions.
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 11:44 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Quote:
Then there is that business about Robert himself starting a thread about should A2K ban people for outrageous views, that is views that cause outrage, a couple of days after yet another major call for my banishment. I dont see why he would ask the question if he was not of the opinion that maybe I should be booted. Surely the Hamsters know the views of the Owners and are tempted to reflect them.

I think you completely misread the intent of that thread. I took it (and Robert's discussion on it seems to confirm it) that he was trying to demonstrate to the vocal minority who were calling for your banishment that they didn't have the wide support of the community - which is exactly how it came down - no matter how much folks disagreed with your positions.

You are quite correct here, JPB.

Hawk...read the thing over...and you will see that Robert is very much against banning anyone for thought content.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are quite correct here, JPB.

http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/koolaid.gif
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Hawk...read the thing over...and you will see that Robert is very much against banning anyone for thought content.

the way I remember it Robert was always for self policing, and did not want to get into heavy mod control for that reason. He also seems to not like censorship too much. But my take was that he was willing to do it if the community demanded it, so he was asking the question. We also know that Robert was at one time very much in favor of burying unpopular opinions, the new A2K is written around that purpose, only it did not work out as planned. I know that was the plan because at one point Robert himself said so.

Still, I am here, and unpopular opinions do register here, which I am thankful for.
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 12:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

the way I remember it Robert was always for self policing, and did not want to get into heavy mod control for that reason. He also seems to not like censorship too much. But my take was that he was willing to do it if the community demanded it, so he was asking the question. We also know that Robert was at one time very much in favor of burying unpopular opinions, the new A2K is written around that purpose, only it did not work out as planned. I know that was the plan because at one point Robert himself said so.

Still, I am here, and unpopular opinions do register here, which I am thankful for.

I think the place is as open as any other Internet forum, Hawk...and I read just about everything written...even by people I almost never agree with.

I don't find you anywhere near as objectionable as some of these other guys, and when I disagree with you, I let you know.

Robert (really hate calling Craven that name for some reason) has always seemed to me to be totally against censorship of any kind...and most of the people posting here are also.

There are some people who "report" stuff...but ya gotta expect that kind of thing in a forum of this sort.

Keep posting...laugh off the people who disagree just because they get their jollies disagreeing.
JPB

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
But my take was that he was willing to do it if the community demanded it, so he was asking the question.

Again, I think you mistook his intent. IMHO that thread was more about him and O'Bill than it was about you and BillRM. I don't think he had any doubt where the community would come down on the subject of banning someone for their position. I think he started that thread to confirm it to a few folks who were calling for your heads. There's no need to consider the "what if" aspect of what if he'd been surprised because that's not who we are or what this place is.

I can only think of two cases where someone has been permanently banned, and I'm not even positive about those. The very many manifestations of Possum is one and I haven't seen H20 Man around for a bit. I don't know for sure that they've been banned; perhaps they simply decided to move on.
One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:44 pm
99% people prefer "Freedom of Leech".

Only 1% truly have a "Freedom of Speech".

Hence why every innovation that changes the course of our society as we know it was built on individuals that had the capacity of intelligence that surpassed the capacity of billions of people. Meaning throughout the 400,000 years of this embarrassing species, there has not been a single time stamped into a history book that shows that the ignorant mass banded together for a GOOD CAUSE, rather than a BAD CAUSE like war, riots, propaganda pooling and so on. NOT ONCE has the majority of the species PROVEN THEMSELVES IN HISTORY - NOT ONCE. It's always one person changing this god forsaken world every few hundred years underneath billions of fucklings.
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 01:59 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

99% people prefer "Freedom of Leech".

Only 1% truly have a "Freedom of Speech".

Hence why every innovation that changes the course of our society as we know it was built on individuals that had the capacity of intelligence that surpassed the capacity of billions of people. Meaning throughout the 400,000 years of this embarrassing species, there has not been a single time stamped into a history book that shows that the ignorant mass banded together for a GOOD CAUSE, rather than a BAD CAUSE like war, riots, propaganda pooling and so on. NOT ONCE has the majority of the species PROVEN THEMSELVES IN HISTORY - NOT ONCE. It's always one person changing this god forsaken world every few hundred years underneath billions of fucklings.

Every once in a while, why don't you try to climb out of that sewer you have built for yourself...and in which you live.

Germlat

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm with you...
coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:06 pm
Quote:
So just to be abundantly clear, in most cases you are not entitled to unbridled free speech when you participate in online communities. You are a guest of the site owner — and possibly of the virtual renter as well. Behave as you would if you were a guest in someone else’s home, and you’re likely to be welcomed as a friend. Give the site owner a reason to dislike you, and you’re likely to be booted to the curb.

Another opinion
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/09/free-speech-in-online-communities-the-delusion-of-entitlement/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:07 pm
Better respect those fucklings, wall-eyed mind. You are one of them.
Frank Apisa

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:07 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I'm with you...

The guy has got to be one of the most negative individuals every to post here...constantly declaring almost everyone but himself to be a moron.

I don't dislike him...I PITY him. To live the kind of life he is living must be HELL.

But he really should get out of the cesspool once in a while...and smell some roses.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Better respect those fucklings, wall-eyed mind. You are one of them.

You too.
edgarblythe

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:18 pm
@coldjoint,
You also.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You also.

There you go.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:23 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Quote:
But my take was that he was willing to do it if the community demanded it, so he was asking the question.

Again, I think you mistook his intent. IMHO that thread was more about him and O'Bill than it was about you and BillRM. I don't think he had any doubt where the community would come down on the subject of banning someone for their position. I think he started that thread to confirm it to a few folks who were calling for your heads. There's no need to consider the "what if" aspect of what if he'd been surprised because that's not who we are or what this place is.

That is possible. There are a lot of people around here who know Robert better than I do. In anycase my opinion is that Robert has let A2K be an exceptionally free speech zone over the last few years, in spite of his failed attempt to tame the place with the launch of the new programing. We have been able to talk about things that are almost impossible to talk about in this society now.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Fri 7 Nov, 2014 02:23 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I like how you didn't ADDRESS MY ARGUMENT.

Instead you reduce yourself to childish knee-jerk jabs because you have TO SAY SOMETHING - NOT MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.

JUST REMEMBER - YOUR ATTITUDE THAT IGNORES THE HEART OF EVERY IMPERATIVE IS THE SAME ATTITUDE AS THE IGNORANT MASS AND THE POLITICIANS THAT RUN THIS COUNTRY TO THE GROUND! wise men and great men never have this attitude you have on every day because wise men and great men ARE NOT SOCIOPATHS WHO FEED OFF OF THE LIFE OF OTHERS LIKE VAMPIRES THEN EAT AWAY AT THE CARCASS LIKE A VULTURE!