dyslexia

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:12 pm
take a small (ok medium) bag of corn chips, tear off the top, nuke a can of chili and pour into the bag of corn chips, stir around a bit, dig in.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:57 pm
cheap white bread fried in bacon grease. if i'm on a roll i can do half a loaf at a shot.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:02 pm
Ooh, yeah, msolga, I have my off days. Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, even though I can make my own, and I'm obsessed with good diner food and souvlaki.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:16 pm
I have found out that I can't buy the Niman Ranch bacon. I will cook it and eat it. That's it, folks. If I am really contained, smart about this dinner business, I'll put half of it in the freezer.

Not good for ya in those amounts, but really good bacon.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 06:28 am
Brunch today: A whole banana (sliced) with raspberry jam between 2 slices of buttered toast. Sugar craving. That was the best I could manage at a pinch.

I'm glad that I'm not alone in my less than classy indulgences. Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:15 am
msolga, your brunch would be verging on health food for me. I don't like bananas and have to find ways to trick myself into eating them.

Now, strawberries -they're a different story. I was eating them a pound at a time when I was in Ohio. They were soooooo good. A huge bowl of strawberries with an ice cream sandwich on the side mmmmmmmmmmmmmm that was Sunday dinner for me last week.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:26 am
ehBeth

I can appreciate a person indulging in REAL strawberries, but most of the ones here seen to be those hard little unripened ones ... hard & green & tasting of nothing in particular. You've managed to find the good ones, then? Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:38 am
big, red, juicy, sweet strawberries, msOlga

they were minutes from being too ripe

strawberry perfection

mmmmmmmm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:41 am
Oooooooooooooooooh! I remember them! From a long, long time ago! (says she, wistfully.) Have some extra ones for me! Very Happy
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:21 am
well my wife's parents have their own strawberries in garden, and in woods nearby there's also plenty of them - natural, full of vitamines fruits and vegetables all around is one of things I enjoy in Croatia Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 07:46 pm
I had a late lunch of 3 (3!) donuts and then couldn't eat dinner until 9 pm.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:01 pm
littlek wrote:
Some times I eat corn chips for dinner - by them selves.

I've done that too. I usually feel like **** the next day, but I love Fritos!

When I make cheeseburgers at home, I make a side dish, which contains a huge gloppy pile that is made up of half mayonaise and half ketchup. Every time I take a bite, I dip the burger into this "sauce" first. It is so good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:06 pm
burger king's special sauce, in effect.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:08 pm
Yeah. I'm sure the stuff is clogging my arteries as we speak.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:10 pm
I have got to stop eating donuts. I don't even really like them all that much. I can go into a dunkin donuts store, buy a bagel and never thing of getting a donut for months/years on end, but put one krispy kreme in the general vicinity (15-20 minute drive) and suddenly it's all a new adventure.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 10:24 am
well, as long as it's a basic honey-dipt donut, it's got fewer calories than a plain bagels.

I love my St. Urbain bagels, but I always have to remember that they're the calories content of about 1.5 - 2 plain donuts, or 4 slices of bread.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 01:07 pm
A doughnut may have fewer calories than a bagel, but:

Total Lipid Fat
Bagel (plain with seeds) - 1.6g/100gram portion or 2.1/large (4.5") bagel
Yeasty donut - 22.86/100gram portion or 13.68g/large (3.75") donut

Total Saturated Fat
Bagel - .22g/100gram portion or .288/large bagel
Donut - 5.183g/100 gram portion or 3.488/large donut

Bagels have more carbs, donuts have more sugar. Bagels have more iron and folic acid, donuts have more niacin....

This sample bagel has no cream cheese or butter. The donut is simply glazed.

Sorry, got interested....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:22 pm
Am I the only one that does the Eating From the Fridge thing (whatever's there!) after a bad, bad day? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:22 pm
I admit to making a whole meal of a packet of honey popcornlast Friday night!

It did not help my 8pm tennis game one iota Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:30 pm
You must have needed a sugar hit, margo!
Who won?
0 Replies