The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

drom et reve

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:32 am
Us and judges; what a never-ending fiasco. Our legal system is far from progressive; judges in the case 'R v G' said that judges should wait at least 20 years before dismissing a precedent, despite the injustice that that may cause.

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
'Cause I said so! I actually found myself saying that to my children. You wouldn't believe how many questions about why or how or whatever they have when asked to do something!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:39 pm
Something like an errand; and, by the way, you have more children than Lauren? Why don't they just accept it, I wonder?

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:50 pm
Wonder that it isn't just (exasperatingly) in their nature?! Yes, I have two children: Cole is five.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 12:58 pm
Five years old, hù? I'd bet that Cole is adorable; are your children like each other?

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Other than the fact that they are brother and sister they seem completely different to me, sometimes even diametricly (sp?) opposed to each other! While 'Elle' is brown-haired and blue-eyed, Cole is my brown-eyed tow-head, and the differences just go from there!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:28 pm
I suppose they pick up an element of room for questioning. It's true, they need to obey you if you yell stop as they are running out in front of a track full of horses, but it is probably a good sign that they can even think of so many questions. Good future citizens you're raising there....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 03:12 am
There are plenty of differences then; but what is a tow-head? Osso is right, in a way; at least they will never be downtrodden.

0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 05:57 am
Downtrodden Chinese women were the subject of one interesting talk I went to yesterday. But the writer praised their patience and fortitude and said that Western women complain far too much.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 06:17 am
Much controversy must have arisen. They should not need such fortitude; their abuse should not happen.

0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 08:02 am
(I ) happen to know, drom-, that you wanted to know what a 'tow-head- is. It means blonde. Technically it refers to the light blonde, which Cole is not, but it's also a general term used to describe blondes.

(Amen, to your last post, drom-!)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2004 11:54 am
Blondes O, for a minute I thought that tow-head was a position in your football; but anyway, I should have guessed: different in view, different in character?

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 07:33 pm
Chinese 'tow-heads', have more fun!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 07:43 pm
Nah. Tow heads are white haired...really. I was a tow head when I was little, and got dubbed cotton top.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:18 pm
Top shape, that's the way the dogs are tonight. They're happy after watching me play a game of My Little Pony with Janetta, their especial friend.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:36 pm
Anyone see Ocean's Eleven with George Clooney? The classical piece that plays in the background is drivin' me nuts. Who wrote it?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 08:51 pm
Letty wrote:
Anyone see Ocean's Eleven with George Clooney? The classical piece that plays in the background is drivin' me nuts. Who wrote it?

Letty, I think you may be referring to: A Song For Young Lovers - Percy Faith.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 10:23 pm
Found it, colorbook. It's Debussy's Clair de Lune.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 03:25 am
Lune, luna, yeah, it is a lovely composition. I fairly enjoyed that movie when it came out, even though it's not the type that I usually see.

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2004 03:33 am
See you , see me, see the sea. Only Brits of a certain age will recognise that catch phrase from a man who to my knowledge never played any Debussy and by the way I think that film is called "Ocean's Twelve"
0 Replies