The Neverending "Conversation About Everything" Chain

spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2010 09:29 pm
@Dutchy,
Species of fish really doesn't matter to me. You are making me hungry, and envious.
spendius

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 06:06 am
@spikepipsqueak,
Envious women eh!!! The universal energy source of stock markets.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 02:02 am
Markets are postively influenced by the confluence of economic optimism and available investment capital. Without one or the other, growth is minimal.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 03:51 am
@aidan,
Minimal levels of income are required to achieve an adequate standard of living. Failing that it is said you're living below the poverty line.
aidan

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:08 am
@Dutchy,
Line your nest with feathers and you will sleep comfortably and warm. Our bird friends have taught us that.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:58 am
@aidan,
'That should be me' is the title of a song. It is performed by Justin Bieber a Canadian pop singer.
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 05:09 pm
@Dutchy,
Singer sewing machines are handy little tools. Whether they still use them in workshops where they make frilly lingerie I don't know.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 06:08 pm
@spendius,
Know Your Enemy: Japan was an American propaganda film. It never realized its purpose due to the war’s abrupt end soon after its release.
aidan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:21 am
@Dutchy,
'Release'(d) from the noise of the butcher and baker' is the first line of a poem by Matthew Prior called 'Jinny the Just'. I've always thought she sounded like someone I'd have loved to have been able to meet.

*thanks for reminding me of that Dutchy- I'd forgotten all about that poem.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:23 am
@Dutchy,
Meet me behind the shelter sheds, Spendi. Does that make you nervous?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:34 am
@aidan,
You're a wealth of knowledge Aidan.

Nervous I would certainly be. Fancy meeting a strange woman behind a shelter shed.
aidan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:48 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
You're a wealth of knowledge Aidan.

I had an English professor (in America) who loved him (Prior)

Shed your inhibitions Dutchy and take a chance. She may not be THAT strange!

Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:40 am
@aidan,
Strange as it may seem, I shall just do that Aidan and loosen the shackles. Where are you pipsqueak, what's on your mind other than reading one word poetry? Smile
spendius

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:53 am
@Dutchy,
"Poetry in motion" was how Alf described Mrs Jolly's descent on the spiral slide at the vicarage summer fair. It seems she displayed her pink bloomers all the way down and tumbled in an ungainly heap at the bottom nether end uppermost.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 05:04 pm
@spendius,
Uppermost on my mind, Dutchy, was giving Spendi a friendly poke in the ribs. He seems to have a funny, quite defensive, attitude towards women.
spendius

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 05:07 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Women are of such a complicated nature that defence is the only strategy to follow. Going on the attack usually leads to defeat and humiliation.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 05:57 pm
@spendius,
Humiliation is the abasement of pride, which creates mortification or leads to a state of being humbled or reduced to lowliness or submission. Spendi I do not think our good friend spikepipsqueak has this in mind!
spikepipsqueak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:51 pm
@Dutchy,
Mind what you say, Dutchy, you seem to understand. According to Spendi that can only lead to badness.
aidan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:33 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Badness is relative. Goodness is unmistakable.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 05:37 am
@aidan,
Unmistakable evidence shows the world is getting warmer. Australia being one of the worst affected places.