Asscroft Terror Threat a Fake?

blatham

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:31 am
LW

No, the admin officials are not as organized nor as single-minded as they pretend. That's pure Rove. It's an essential component that they've used from the beginning.

It isn't merely 'stay on message', though that's clearly Rule number two.

It is aligned with Rule number one which is "Always portray Bush as strong and bold and, through force of personality and inner strength, the Brave Capable Leader."

Rule number one has to be enforced for the too too obvious reasons.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:35 am
More press here...
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=713968#713968
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:41 am
Wow, I just noticed your avatar, Fedral!
That pretty much says it all.
Wow.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:59 am
Tough to read sarcasm without the voice inflection, blatham. If the CIA or FBI were intending on any kind of strategy even resembling that one, they'd be doing it as covertly as possible. The intelligence community banks on this administration looking the other way from anything other than something so symplistic that...well, they seem to be able to ignore that to, come to think of it.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:00 pm
suz

I think that avatar is a bit tongue in cheek. On the other hand, 'obedient' might describe the owner of that avatar.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 01:42 pm
suzy wrote:
Wow, I just noticed your avatar, Fedral!
That pretty much says it all.
Wow.

Blatham is correct about my new avatar. I posted in another thread as to exactly why I did (reprinted here for your edification):

I changed my avatar when I got a very nasty e mail from a member of this forum (do not ask me how they got my e mail addy, but they got it) accusing me of being a fascist and a Nazi.

I have been called this before and I took it mostly with a grain of salt, but this person decided that I was some sort of Bundist wannbe and decided that I was responsible for everything from the Holocaust to the Mongol Invasion of China...

I am usually a very calm person, not inclined to take things personally but this cheezed me off in the extreme.

Dr. King, Mr. Ghandi and Mr. Fredrick Douglas are some personal heroes of mine and I have stood forward for my beliefs when I needed too. (I was arrested for chaining myself to the main gate of the chemical plant in my hometown when it was discovered that they were piping untreated waste from their plant into the ocean near where we swam)

I decided to change it to poke that person in the eye and make sure they understood that I AM taking the high ground in this matter by changing my avatar to something like this rather than ranting about anonymous liberals trashing people and running.
0 Replies

Radikal

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 03:51 pm
!
Fed, Kudos for your direct action in the attempt to right a wrong.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 04:08 pm
There are E mail search sites around the Internet that could have revealed your home E mail address.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 04:16 pm
ashcroft is not a fake, he is a true threat.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 06:08 pm
fedral

Though you and I disagree on pretty much everything other than massively increased funding to the National Endowment for the Arts, I'd hold that such a letter to you, and the identification with nazi or facist is an example of idiothood.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:02 pm
blatham wrote:
fedral

Though you and I disagree on pretty much everything other than massively increased funding to the National Endowment for the Arts, I'd hold that such a letter to you, and the identification with nazi or facist is an example of idiothood.

Actually Blatham, I think you and I agree on more things than you think:

I do not count myself as a typical Conservative Republican. The problem with most people is that they tend to lump everyone that they know into a convenient pigeonhole with a label.

* I am a staunch supporter of Unionized workers (I was a Union rep and Shop Steward)

* I believe abortion is morally repugnant, but the right for women have the ability to choose is paramount.

* I don't believe gays should be given and special treatment because I think all the laws and rights guaranteed to all citizens should be theirs without hinderance. (like the ability to marry, etc)

* I support immigration (as the son of immigrants) but I support entering the country legally.

* I believe that we are a wealthy enough nation to fund social welfare programs, but I also believe that welfare cannot be allowed to become a multi generational 'career' for families.

I may be presuming your stance on some of these issues, so correct me if I am wrong.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 04:52 am
fedral

Yup, we are aligned on those, with a single caveat on the gay point (which I'd also have apply to racial matters) where historical/institutional forces exist which impede equality of rights/access.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:42 am
I would have ignored it -- it only encourages someone of that ilk.
0 Replies