Quoting Ms. Ann Coulter

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:32 am
Last night, on Fox news's talk show called 'The Factor', which is anchored by Mr.Bill O'Reilly, Ms.Coulter was asked by Bill, how in her opinion, the war on Iraq was going?
She replied, to quote "magnificentally well". Unquote.

What is wrong with Ms.Coulter? We know she is an extreme right wing thinker but she can't be THIS wrong about the war on Iraq?

Bill was obviouly embarasssed.

Your comments please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 960 • Replies: 18
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:37 am
Ann Coulter will say anything to keep her name in the papers.
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:42 am
cavfancier, thanks for your response. I agree. But don't you think that supporters like these, actually give bad name to good and intelligent conservatives?
I mean, the whole GOP is not madeup of neocons, if you get my gist!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:44 am
Sonny San wrote:
cavfancier, thanks for your response. I agree. But don't you think that supporters like these, actually give bad name to good and intelligent conservatives?
I mean, the whole GOP is not madeup of neocons, if you get my gist!

Yes, I absolutely do think it does the conservatives a disservice, in the same way that some liberals compare Bush with Hitler.
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:49 am
Sure. We know that we have nuts on both sides of political arena but I am of an opinion that there are more right wing extremists than the left esp. in news business.
Take Mr.Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter et al and then compare these people's rants with the likes of Mr.Michael Moore, for an example.
It hurts to see intelligent Americans believing these right wing, die hard 'at all costs' Bush apologists.
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:50 am
Even a liberal like Ms.Susan Esterich looks like Florence Nightingale in comparison.
LOL!

:-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 04:57 am
Well, Ms. Coulter is indeed a fountain of rhetoric and venom. She has been quoted here on these boards, and I choose to ignore it. It's not political commentary, it's filibustering, plain and simple, just like Rush, Sean and Bill. Moore is a filibuster as well, but I happen to like him. I dislike extremism on either side, but I do have my opinions, and let's face it, politics and advertising are all about bending the truth to sway public opinion.
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:02 am
In case of Moore, atleast he says truth-as he sees it-and do not go into silly 'attack' mode at any given opportunity. He has produced films that are educational, though I have yet to watch his 'Fahrenheit 9/11'. I loved his movie on the Columbine tragedy and yes. I like him. More than a thousand Coulters or Hannitys.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:17 am
Ann has made a career out of extreme spin. SAhe starts with some basic information and then goes to the farthest reaches of incredulity.
I find her writing style rather moronic, but in a fashion like a car wreck. Ive gotta see what crazy spin she will apply to a piece of news. In that aspect shes just like Limbaugh. I just get a kick out of the fact that people fall for it.
I put Maureen Dowd in the same boat, shes a somewhat better writer but seems to only get stuck in ridiculous hyperbole.

Krugman-he da man
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:24 am
farmerman, interesting and thanx for mentioning Ms.Maureen Dowd's name. Another candidate to wear a tinfoil hat come November!

My mind boggles at the thought that what kind of a die hard, right wing extremist, would agree with Ann Coulter?

On a second thought, if she was not such a radical, we would not be discussing her at all. Maybe herein lies the dilemma.

Be on an extreme-on ANY extreme- and sell your useless and un-readable books.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 06:38 am
Your mind boggles at what Coutler says, yet you say Moore tells the truth?

Uh...... riiiiiiiiight..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:06 pm
These far-righties don't have the strap-ons to be able to actually come out and admit that they were duped, that's all. So they'll defend to the end.
they may be bright enough to have gotten their own shows, or books, but not quite bright enough to let the truth win out, if it makes them look bad, apparently.
And while I admire Moore, I understand that he has also taken some liberties which he shouldn't have. I don't appreciate hyperbole from anyone.
And from his perspective, it's not even necessary to lie or exaggerate. The truth, told in the right way, should be enough.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 05:12 pm
That's an extraordinarily ironic statement -- Moore has taken liberties. The only thing that Coulter can do is mimicry.
0 Replies

Radikal

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:11 pm
Manthrax a lefty?
Could he/she be a Lefty in a Psy Ops mode?
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:25 pm
He/she?

LOL ;-)
0 Replies

Sonny San

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 05:35 am
Lightwizard, I was not only shocked when she said that but even Bill was embarassed. He tried, in vain ofcourse, to make her amends. But like an imbecile that she is, she plainly refused. Its so sad that people like Coulter would not blink an eye if hundreds of more marines die, just to make their point that is absurd anyways.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:31 am
It's a vain (sic) attempt at counteracting those who have said the war is not doing well. However, I haven't read any antonyms equivalent to "magnificently" by the detractors of the war. Use a synonym and one can realize how sophomoric she really is: "It's a grand war."
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:47 am
I don't know why people still listen to or admire her.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:47 am
Or O'Reilly, in point of fact.
0 Replies