Honestly, how many voices do you hear in your head?

FBM

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 07:45 pm
@Lordyaswas,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/lalala.gif
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:28 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Now I just dream of running or work, or work, or work..

Oh to be that little girl again, her dreams were fun. Smile

There are ways of directing your dreams, the best way for me is to say, just as I am going off to sleep~that knife-edge between conscious~life and dream-life````~~~ "I shall remember the dreams tonight, not all of them but the ones about ______________, (fill in the blank).

Be careful about taking too much in from people who would tell what colors mean in dreams or what a particular thing means ,,,,Dreams, like poems, do not mean,,,they are as real as anything your inner mind can create. We can learn what is puzzling your unconscious by looking at dreams and the stories they are trying to tell.

Joe(more later)nation
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:29 pm
@FBM,
Heh....

Joe(Now stab my inner eyes)Nation
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
The colour link was for you know who.. I've never looked it up before, like you, I think of the story it may have meant.

(Positive thinking) re-directing. True..

Last night I dreamt of a lion and it was attacking someone and I started to move, then found myself up against a corner. I woke up : ) I see that as a foreclosure of a small business debt that has run it's course however, the banks are not handling it well and so, I'm getting myself prepared to fight it and I will and I will win... Phew the Lion didn't get me Smile

I think I will try that tonight Joe... Perhaps a place instead, like BALI!! Wink

I used to actually experiment with a notepad next to my bed and as I would drift off, try to right it down though mostly it looked like scribble but it was quite interesting as I was able to make some of it out.

Isn't it funny how when we wake if we try to remember our dream, we can remember a portion and that's it, or we remember and as we are trying to see more, it all fades away... Well that's been my take.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:36 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I invented some great products before I went to sleep, but never got around to really producing them. Embarrassed Embarrassed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Shirt CI, I invented some too, great ideas, then I forget every one of them Smile

Oh I do remember one, a kangaroo that hopped, when you tapped it's back, I think it came with batteries.. I don't think that anyone has tried that one yet, shall we go into business? Million dollar kanga everyone loves kangas.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I ate kanga in Australia. Does that count? That means I'm intimately involved with that animal. Mr. Green
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 03:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr209/lesmore1/fairy.gif

Actually, I just wanted to say CI, what a gorgeous little baby you were, I had a dream and asked to see what you looked like, you know all rugged now, great hair, mature and look what I found?

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/hotmama7_2007/2008_0423APRIL0170.jpg

Cute or what !

(Sorry Joe, early morning/good mood/ silly mood)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 04:09 pm
We're not talking about voices at the moment...that's good.

Have you ever had this experience? I bought a plane ticket, this was years ago, back when you went to the travel agent and they handed you the ticket (multiple pages of cardboard) and you went home maybe weeks or months before you were going to fly.
I did that.
I got the ticket and I went home and ......I put it somewhere and forgot about it.

A month or so passed and I was arranging with a friend to stay with my kids while I was gone; it was for a long weekend, a wedding and so forth, when it occurred to me that I hadn't a clue where the ticket was.

I started searching, two days of tearing the apartment apart, looking through what I laughingly called my desk, emptying the drawers in the bedroom, going through the books, looking behind them on the shelves, looking at everything again and again.... feeling through the pockets of every pair of pants and every shirt in the closet and...........nothing.

I went to bed that night (the flight was still four days away, but the hassle....arrggh) I said "I'm going to remember where the ticket is. I am going to know before the next time I see the sun."

~~that night, somewhere in the middle of a long dream I don't remember any other part of, a man came up to me and said "Nine, that's all I know."
~~~~
It was Sunday....the kids woke me up. The only thing I remembered was "Nine. That's all I know."

I reached over the stack of books by my bedside, you've got one of those, don't you? I pulled out a book I had started to read again and then stopped:
Nine Stories by J.D.Salinger .

There was the ticket, larger than the book was on three sides, and completely visible had I LOOKED at the stack.

But wait....I had looked at the stack. I had taken every book off and re-stacked it. I just missed it?
Yes.
Yes, I think yes.
I think when we panic, we get a little blind.
Luckily my inner mind had seen it and seen just enough of the title to clue me in.

I started trusting my inner mind at that point.....its disappointed me only rarely since that day nearly forty years ago.

Joe(hello...tonight we are going on some kind of bus tour...again.)Nation
Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 04:24 pm
I think the idea of "pre-sleep" autosuggestion is much better than interfering in your dreams with your conscious mind.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 06:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
Good story.

I'm not honestly sure what I think about these things Joe.

I've done the same thing hunted and hunted and then stopped and merely stated mentally "you'll get the answer" or something to that affect, left it alone and bang.. Walked over to the exact spot of where what ever it was I was looking for was. Many times.

Perhaps we spent too much time pre-occupied with a thousand thoughts for all that is happening in our lives, that when we slow down, stop thinking our mind reminds us of the event, where we placed that object easily.

Don't know.. The witch in me would say, something else.

If we took that further, how can you tell someone else, where something was left when you weren't even present at that time. Done that too.

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 07:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
What surprises me most is that all of us will forget something or other, but if I think about it long enough, I remember what slipped my mind earlier. That happened a few times when I was on the cruise from Copenhagen to NYC last month. I made some comment about something, but couldn't remember the name of the person or place. After concentrating on it for less than five minutes, it came to me.

However, I've now forgotten what they were....... Embarrassed 2 Cents
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:37 am
@Joe Nation,
Actually I think it is more likely a ghost or spirit in your house with a sense of humor.

It hid the ticket and laughed its a$$ off at you as you tried in vain to find it. But being a good natured sort - during your slumber, slipped it into the book and whispered the clue in your ear.

So it was truely a voice in your head.

At least to me that is more plausiable.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 04:51 am
@Linkat,
Of course, that makes a lot more sense.

Joe(or I could have a troll in my liver)Nation Heh
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:10 am
@Joe Nation,
I find that beer helps.

I went to post a link to an article on here last night, but couldn't for the life of me remember exactly where I'd read it. It really bothered me.

Following my usual remedy, I had a few beers and slept like a log. Now I can't even remember what the article was about and I couldn't really be bothered whether I ever find it again in the future.

Works every time.

Now, what was I doing before I came on here......?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 07:29 am
@Joe Nation,
Yo...I think this person is looking for you...and just in case one of your voices did not mention it, I thought I would:

http://able2know.org/topic/256653-1
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 05:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Mon dieu ! I mean, holy cow, .... Luckily, Starlight misspelled my name. ♫♫♫♪♪♫
Joe(It was in Indiana, I thought, French Lick, Indiana. She mixed up.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 05:10 am
And there is this:
Quote:
This past July, Science published a paper with an alarming conclusion: most people would rather give themselves an electric shock than be alone with their thoughts.

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/thinking-alone?utm_source=tny&utm_campaign=generalsocial&utm_medium=facebook&mbid=social_facebook

Can you be along with your thoughts for 15 minutes??

I live alone unless S. is in town.

Joe(I'm with my thoughts 24/7)Nation
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 06:20 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

And there is this:
Quote:
This past July, Science published a paper with an alarming conclusion: most people would rather give themselves an electric shock than be alone with their thoughts.

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/thinking-alone?utm_source=tny&utm_campaign=generalsocial&utm_medium=facebook&mbid=social_facebook

Yes. I have no problem with introspection.

David
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 06:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Joe Nation wrote:

And there is this:
Quote:

Yes. I have no problem with introspection.

David

Yeah, but in your case, each voice has a gun pointed at all the rest.

No room for a problem there.