Why Should girls be alowed on boys sports teams???

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 07:27 am
CarbonSystem wrote:
ANYTHING??? Let's not get carried away. For example, a woman can lift wieghts, but the best female wieghtlifter cannot do what the best male wieghtlifter can. So let's not get too liberated by saying women can do anything a man can. Most things, yes, but all things, certainly not.

Ok maybe not all women to all men but some women can beat some men.

And I guess we can take some satisfaction in knowing that there will always be one thing we can do that you cannot. Have babies. Not that this is a pleasurable activity or anything but....it is what makes the world go round.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 09:26 am
Don't forget about sperm, I'd like to see women produce that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 09:31 am
Yeah but we don't need you forever for that. We can just freeze it and use it later. Laughing
0 Replies

EamonnKeane

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
Scientists expect to have developed artificial wombs by 2100...
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:07 pm
EamonnKeane wrote:
Scientists expect to have developed artificial wombs by 2100...

Then all sheep should be afraid...very afraid..... Laughing
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 01:38 pm
I'll be dead by then, so who cares
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 02:41 pm
and women cant stand a foot away from the toliet and still make "most" of their urine in the hole... man this was great to read from the beginning... such heated discussion... i really like when the girl came in and started calling everyone idoits cus they werent helping her win her school debate. that was special. as far as the topic goes, i say if a girl wants to play hockey and get her teeth knocked out, or if she wants to play football and end up with a few broken ribs go ahead... but do i think they can do it like a man... maybe not so... the proof has been shown all along the way by MyOwn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 07:03 pm
I was agreeing with him as long as I was following the thread...
0 Replies

shiek2

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 02:46 pm
i experienced this girl on the football team thing first hand. they are just worthless! they jus stand around and say that there legs are too sore or some lame ass excuse like that! this whole topic is bullshit they started it seperate and it should stay that way. there is a reason there is no football league for girls, its becuase it would be worthless to watch becuase they jus cant do it!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 03:37 pm
Why is it that only the male can impregnate the female and only the female can carry the baby till birth? That is because they are physically different. Viva la difference. If they want to participate in sports it should be on girls teams. .
0 Replies

ILoveO2L

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 07:10 pm
@gooblysoccer,
you should learn to spell before arguing if they should be doing what they're doing.
Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:33 pm
@ILoveO2L,
ILoveO2L wrote:

you should learn to spell before arguing if they should be doing what they're doing.

Are you sure the person who this post is directed at will see it - 10 years later?
Teollie10

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:34 pm
@cavfancier,
I agree Cav. why should different levels matter?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 09:56 pm
@Wilso,
Okay, 11 years.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2015 10:20 pm
@unluckystar,
"Why Should girls be alowed on boys sports teams???"

As long as they are not expecting or requesting special treatment then I see absolutely nothing wrong with girls integrated into boys teams. In fact it would just be better to state them as teams and not actually refer to them as "boys" teams.

There is always going to be a little bit of a backlash though because of ingrained social interactions. I remember seeing a documentary about two girls who joined a male high school football team. Some of the opposing teams stated they felt the need to hold back being as aggressive as they would normally be towards their male opponents because they didn't want to be accused of being too harsh. While other players suggested that if they wanted to play with boys they will get no special treatment and will have to deal with anything that would normally happen towards their male counterparts.

I remember when I was taking high school physics and we were dealing with the concept of center of mass of people and as it turns out women actually have a lower center of mass than males. Which in theory would make them better football players since they would be harder to tackle. Anyone who is familiar with football would understand this point. But I don't know if it really plays out that way due to other factors.
0 Replies