Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:10 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,943 • Replies: 45
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:42 am
I don't like him either, but could care less where he was educated.

Core values? Still looking, but not finding.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:45 am
He thinks sticking to one side of an issue is for suckers.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:45 am
Oh Jeez... with a name like "KerryGoHome", I'm sure we're going to get some real level headed arguments from this guy Rolling Eyes

**edit**
I just read the "open letter to John Kerry". My above statement was on point. The letter is a load of sh*t. I'm sure someone here will parse it and take it apart piece by piece. I'm looking forward to it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:47 am
Haven't we always, Observer?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:47 am
That's attacking the messager instead of the message JustanObserver...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:56 am
Quote:

Do we want our commander-in-chief to allow his own daughter to show off her breasts at a film festival the way John Kerry's daughter did recently?

Who wouldn't want this?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 09:25 am
Re: Kerry bad For America
KerryGoHome wrote:
Do Americans want a Mozambique-born cosmopolitan liberal first lady with a Portuguese accent in the White House?

Oh my god that would be awful, wouldnt it? Mozambique-born! With a Portuguese accent!

KerryGoHome wrote:
Bush did not serve in Vietnam but wished he had.

Like hell.

That would explain all those letters that were found in which GWB was adamantly insisting he'd be sent to Vietnam as well -- I mean, seeing how diligently he attended every single day of his service at home, trying to prove how eager he was ...

KerryGoHome wrote:
This situation is remarkably similar to what we had in 1963 when the ungrateful and self righteous Kennedy clan was also threatening to become a monarchy on American soil.

That's funny ... Lessee, George Bush Senior, George Bush Junior, Jeb Bush ...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 09:45 am
nimh wrote:
KerryGoHome wrote:
Do Americans want a Mozambique-born cosmopolitan liberal first lady with a Portuguese accent in the White House?

Oh my god that would be awful, wouldnt it? Mozambique-born! With a Portuguese accent!

KerryGoHome wrote:

Like hell.

That would explain all those letters that were found in which GWB was adamantly insisting he'd be sent to Vietnam as well -- I mean, seeing how diligently he attended every single day of his service at home, trying to prove how eager he was ...

KerryGoHome wrote:
This situation is remarkably similar to what we had in 1963 when the ungrateful and self righteous Kennedy clan was also threatening to become a monarchy on American soil.

Now that is a good response!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 09:45 am
This is kind of fun. Hardcore rants (from the right or left) are always entertaining...

KerryGoHome wrote:
No, George Bush isn't perfect. We all have problems and we all fall from grace every now and then.

As his past DUI and cocaine possession demonstrates.

KerryGoHome wrote:
But that's not the point.

Well, its not "the point" when its about Bush at least.

KerryGoHome wrote:
The point is that I know who Bush is because he wears the same face for everyone. I know what to expect from Bush because he is consistent.

Consistency is great...in a refrigerator or a car. I respect the ability to "stick to it" when its appropriate. But there are times when you have to make changes to best deal with a situation (this is my second biggest problem with Bush). As the phrase goes, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!"

KerryGoHome wrote:
He has character.

I think that was a misprint. It meant to say "He IS a character"

KerryGoHome wrote:
Bush did not serve in Vietnam but wished he had

Didn't Bush request NOT to be sent over to 'Nam?

KerryGoHome wrote:
Do we want our commander-in-chief to allow his own daughter to show off her breasts at a film festival the way John Kerry's daughter did recently?

No, we want them to get piss drunk and make fools of themselves at parties, and have them send secret service to pick up their boyfriends from county jail after being arrested for public intoxication.

Laughing
0 Replies

KerryGoHome

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 10:43 am
Monarchy
The Kennedy's had over one hundred members in their immediate family. The patriarch, Joe Kennedy, had Mafia business ties and was a Nazi sympathizer. Joe Kennedy's Mafia ties were in theory and practice, undermining the stability of the United States Government: especially through Mafia tactics that ran counter to various federal laws and regulation. Joe Kennedy made a pact with the devil, and understood that he could never make it to president. So he pushed his three sons for the title. When Bobby Kennedy released The Enemy within: The McClellan Committee's Crusade Against Jimmy Hoffa and Corrupt Labor Unions, it was made official that the Mafia could no longer expect to court favor with the Kennedy family. From coast to coast the Kennedy's made everybody angry (including the Catholic Church), and, as it turns out, there was a collective interest in their removal.

One difference between the Bush family and the Kennedy's is that the Kennedy's were threatening to become an active monarchy on American soil -- while the Bush's are simply a dynasty: a succession of rulers of the same family. Therefore, in the ladder case power is limited and decentralized.

Philip
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 10:57 am
Attacking Kennedy in order to attack Kerry is not only misleading, it's downright dumb. You talk about a Kennedy monarchy, but the Bush family's involvment in the Carlyle group is much more damning.

You say you don't know who the real Kerry is because he refuses to tell you. Just how do you feel about Bush? He has lied, lied, and lied again, and used the dirtiest tactics possible to scare people into supporting his policies.

Do you really believe the caring, outward face he shows is the real man? If so, I'm sorry for you. Examine his statements deeper. Look into his past. You have to look deeper than the surface of issues, man...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

KerryGoHome

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:03 am
McGentrix wrote:
nimh wrote:
KerryGoHome wrote:

KerryGoHome wrote:

Like hell.

KerryGoHome wrote:

Now that is a good response!

The Kennedy's had over one hundred members in their immediate family. The patriarch, Joe Kennedy, had Mafia business ties and was a Nazi sympathizer. Joe Kennedy's Mafia ties were in theory and practice, undermining the stability of the United States Government: especially through Mafia tactics that ran counter to various federal laws and regulation. Joe Kennedy made a pact with the devil, and understood that he could never make it to president. So he pushed his three sons for the title. When Bobby Kennedy released The Enemy within: The McClellan Committee's Crusade Against Jimmy Hoffa and Corrupt Labor Unions, in 1960, it was made official that the Mafia could no longer expect to court favor with the Kennedy family. From coast to coast the Kennedy's made everybody angry (including the Catholic Church), and, as it turns out, there was a collective interest in their removal.

One difference between the Bush family and the Kennedy's is that the Kennedy's were threatening to become an active monarchy on American soil -- while the Bush's are simply a dynasty: a succession of rulers of the same family. Therefore, in the ladder case power is limited and decentralized.

Philip
0 Replies

KerryGoHome

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:05 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Attacking Kennedy in order to attack Kerry is not only misleading, it's downright dumb. You talk about a Kennedy monarchy, but the Bush family's involvment in the Carlyle group is much more damning.

You say you don't know who the real Kerry is because he refuses to tell you. Just how do you feel about Bush? He has lied, lied, and lied again, and used the dirtiest tactics possible to scare people into supporting his policies.

Do you really believe the caring, outward face he shows is the real man? If so, I'm sorry for you. Examine his statements deeper. Look into his past. You have to look deeper than the surface of issues, man...

Cycloptichorn

Quite the cynic...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:16 am
You do realize that saying 'quite the cynic' does not address any of my points whatsoever.

Attacking the messenger is the oldest tactic in the book when you know you have no ground to stand on.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:22 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

Who wouldn't want this?

what's the difference between that and your underage fall down drunk daughters making a spectacle of themselves in public? Kerry's daughter is 30 and well past the age where Mr. Kerry has any control over her clothing choices, whereas a minor child you're supposed to exercise some control over, so that is bullshit.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:29 am
Oh yeah, I forgot. Cheney's daughter is a Lesbian.

Now is that really who you want running your country? Hmmm?

Your argument = flat.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:39 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot. Cheney's daughter is a Lesbian.

Waitaminute...Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, too!

Imagine if the two of them were to wind up together.

Scandalous! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:45 am
Re: Monarchy
KerryGoHome wrote:
The Kennedy's had over one hundred members in their immediate family. The patriarch, Joe Kennedy, had Mafia business ties and was a Nazi sympathizer. Joe Kennedy's Mafia ties were in theory and practice, undermining the stability of the United States Government: especially through Mafia tactics that ran counter to various federal laws and regulation. Joe Kennedy made a pact with the devil, and understood that he could never make it to president. So he pushed his three sons for the title. When Bobby Kennedy released The Enemy within: The McClellan Committee's Crusade Against Jimmy Hoffa and Corrupt Labor Unions, it was made official that the Mafia could no longer expect to court favor with the Kennedy family. From coast to coast the Kennedy's made everybody angry (including the Catholic Church), and, as it turns out, there was a collective interest in their removal.

No similarity with the Kerry's there, then. Wonder why any was implied.
0 Replies

KerryGoHome

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:21 pm
Re: Monarchy
nimh wrote:
KerryGoHome wrote:

No similarity with the Kerry's there, then. Wonder why any was implied.
0 Replies