It's Fer Sure Dudes

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 05:41 am
Don't know exactly when, where, what or how, but it's fer sure dudes.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040526/D82Q0M0G1.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,026 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 05:50 am
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040526/D82PUJH80.html

Sure hope that I am dead wrong on this! Sad
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 05:54 am
Interesting!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 05:58 am
L.R.R.Hood- The word that I would choose is, "horrifying"!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040526/D82PUJH80.html

Sure hope that I am dead wrong on this! Sad

Exactly what the bleeding heart liberal pussies have been predicting all along.....this is what happens when you try to clean everyone elses' house while leaving yours dirty.......of course it's the regular tennants of the house Phoenix like you and me who suffer...the landlords remain comfortably above the fray........
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:08 am
So if there is a major terrorist attack in the US, what will that say about all the new security laws that have been passed to protect you?
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:15 am
Well, the security laws are BS anyway, I think we all know that. Its the INS that needs work.

I would say "horrifying", but for some reason, I'm just not scared. We've been getting these threats since 9-11, I guess I'm just desensitized, I'm sorry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:16 am
Wilso- I think that most of the laws are a crock. Problem is, the vast majority of terrorists are male Islamics in their twenties. America's oh-so PC attitude makes it possible for airline inspectors to waste money and resources checking out 80 yo grandmothers!

If we spent our money where it would do the most good, a lot more would be accomplished, and the US would be safer!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:26 am
I do not believe the word safe as we know it can be applicable any longer and we must learn to merely accept what is and do what we can to educate the future generations to treat the problems and not the symptoms so that perhaps they can live in a better world.

I for one am merely a small cog in the wheel, and cannot do one damn thing about events that have been set into motion, so I will go about my business and save my fear for when it's unavoidable while trying to teach my cubs why this has happened and what they can do to prevent it in the future, if there is a long term future.

Meanwhile, the sun is out, the sky is blue, and I am going to do my five mile daily with the headphones on listening to my favorite music, and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake and the trees. I will trust that I get back to the house without a nuclear explosion or getting hit by a car, but you never know. You can't just walk around worrying about that **** 24/7. I am thankful to be able to take my walk and wish that our people in nasty overseas locations could come home and do the same.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:34 am
Bi- You are absolutely right. It's funny. For most of my life, I never paid much attention to politics. I figured that since there was nothing much that I could do about it, I might just as well focus on things that I could control.

Ever since I got involved in internet forums, I have become more and more involved in political discussions. I still can't control much, but I do get to foam at the mouth a bit.

In the words of Irving Berlin,

Quote:
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music and moonlight (moonlight and music) and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill, and while we still have THE chance

Soon, we'll be without the moon
Humming a different tune - and then...

There may be teardrops to shed
So (But) while there's music and moonlight (moonlight and music) and love and romance
(Let's face the music and dance, dance)
(Let's face the music - let's HEAR that music)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:17 am
F*ck terrorism.

(Just my way of bookmarking this thread)
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:33 am
I'm not the type of person who is willing to sit around and wring my hands waiting for the sky to fall or the terrorists to attack again. I'm going to go on with my life as usual and bide my time till next January when (hopefully) John Kerry will take office and get our troops out of harms way and back to their homes and families....where they belong.

9/11 has come and gone and the Bush administration has managed to screw things up royally for us. The 9/11 widows are starting to date and it's time to move on.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:42 am
Houston, Texas
STRATFOR 5/24/04

Al Qaeda's Next Strike
5/24/04

Al Qaeda likely has a number of sleeper cells still embedded in the United States, and logic dictates that Houston, Texas, is high on their target list.
--------------------------------------

This makes sense as it is Bush's home state.

However, al Qaeda has a pattern of going back to the plans for site attacks that failed. So Los Angeles airport could be a return target. The plane that crashed failed to hit the whitehouse or capitol, so that could be a return plan too.

BBB
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:02 am
Wilso wrote:
So if there is a major terrorist attack in the US, what will that say about all the new security laws that have been passed to protect you?

It would say to me that the terrorists have been here for years, waiting in sleeper cells, just like the 9/11 terrorists were. They all came here before the new security laws, walking across our porous border and blending into the population until it's time to strike. Previous administrations didn't want to take the heat and be called "racists" for preventing illegal aliens from entering the country, so they never devoted the resources they should have to protecting the border. Now we have new security laws, and the illegal alien problem is being cleaned up somewhat more than it was before, but it's probably too late.

Remember the DC Sniper who had much of the east coast paralyzed for a while? The terrorists could take 50 guys with 25 rifles and 25 old cars, spread out to 25 cities across the country, and start sniping. Wouldn't that strike fear into people? Although, with the way they're going these days, they would rather try to kill thousands of people in a sports stadium.

How many times have you heard it? "After 9/11, it's a different world." And yet people will continue with business as usual and not even think about survival in case of emergency. If that's the way they want to play it, fine. As for me, I go armed everywhere I can. I'm going to be more alert when I'm out of the house and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. And if something does happen, I'll do my best to take out one of the guys who did it.

To the last I grapple with thee
From hell's heart I stab at thee
For hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee

(I know they come from Moby Dick but I will always think of Ricardo Montalban when I read those words)

EDIT - Someone has been watching Fox News (not me):

Quote:
Today on "Fox News Live," former FBI Special Agent Harold Copus said that the summer of 2004 will be remembered as the "Summer of Terror."

Anchor Gregg Jarrett told agent Copus that Tom Ridge said special attention will be focused on stopping terror attacks on rail, air, hazmat shipment, chemical facilities and the electrical grid. He asked if all of those were vulnerable.

Copas said, "They certainly are."

"For the last six months or so ... we keep hearing chatter and information that's filtering down ... you should really be concerned about some of the things you've discussed."

Jarrett also mentioned that outgoing Spanish President Aznar told President Bush to beware of possible pre-election bombings in the U.S., and Condi Rice seconded that concern yesterday. He asked, "Will that happen?"

Agent Copus said: "Let's hope not. But I suspect that we will see activity." He added, "We've continually underestimated them, now it's time for us to go on the offensive, and let's go look for these guys."

Jarrett said: "I'm still stunned by what you said ... Summer of Terror. Can we stop it?"

Agent Copus replied: "I'm not sure that we can always stop it. We're wide open as a country, we still continue to need to be that way, and want to be and should be. Because of that, we allow ourselves to be open to an attack."

He also thinks another opportunity for an al-Qaida attack will be this summer's Olympiad, in Greece.
0 Replies