the real world

One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 09:49 pm
@thack45,
No, you see. If you were intelligent (notice how I don't complain; I explain), you wouldn't have condescended me in the first place. If you were intelligent, you would not be arguing with someone who has the entire world understood on a cosmic level.

Instead, you try to twist words around to benefit your ego, but it doesn't work the same way - this is evidence that you don't know what you're talking about, friend.
room109

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 09:54 pm
does any one have any thing to say on the nature of realitly?

I concluded the general psychological reality is delusion and ego, but this is not true in all cases
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:01 pm
@room109,
I know all there is needed to be known about this.

Ask away, Room. Unless you don't want "answers" - you want your "own answers". I know how this Universe works by cosmically reverse-engineering the connection between Us and the Universe; our behavioral patterns and its behavioral patterns. There's nothing I cannot know now.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:37 pm
@room109,
See my question above. Just what do you mean by 'realitly'?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:39 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

I know all there is needed to be known about this.

Ask away, Room. Unless you don't want "answers" - you want your "own answers". I know how this Universe works by cosmically reverse-engineering the connection between Us and the Universe; our behavioral patterns and its behavioral patterns. There's nothing I cannot know now.

That has to be the most arrogant display of ego I have ever encountered anywhere on the internet, maybe anywhere in my entire life. You can actually say such absolute nonsense without blushing, One-eye?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Indeed I can. There's no shame in letting others know what you know.

It is the truth, friend.

One does not speak of such grandness in such poised parables and poetry, if they were, as you say, everything but wise.

I truly know this Universe, and all the things that surface in time have proven I was correct, while the people were wrong. One who is arrogant and full of themselves does not find themselves correct by events outside of their emotions.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 01:12 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Actually. although he is ignorant of the fact, he has a half-baked angle on those well established esoteric movements* popular in the early 20th. century which attempted to transcend ephemeral and vulnerable "self" and which served as Western alternatives to Buddhism. The social forces which gave impetus to such movements are thought in part to be a reaction to the slaughter of youth in WW1 and the impact of materialism on impotent medieval theism. Later developments of esotericism such as "the New Age" movement with its backcloth of Viet Nam and the tensions of the Cold War, tended to be more idiosyncratic perhaps because of the significant role of hallucinogens.

What this guy fails to realize is that his arrogant word salad is a direct result of the ineffability of a transcendent position, together with his poor English. Nor does he understand that genuine transcendence is deemed to be beyond "time" or "separation from the whole" thereby rendering communication with non-existent separate others both irrelevant and antithetical to transcendence.

* Theosophy, Anthroposophy, Gurdjieff, Krishnamurti, Natural Philosophy, etc

0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 02:02 am
@Lustig Andrei,
....However, having noted that his trolling activity has geared up a notch today, I conclude that his esoteric waffle is more an excuse for his pathological attention seeking, rather than the cause of it. This seems a pity because actual study of esotericism could help him with his problem.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 02:42 am
@fresco,
Fresco, it's not helping your case when you're talking behind my back indirectly, as to "get a rise" out of me.

Come at me, Fresco. If you have the nerve to talk behind my back, it's because I hit you hard. I have more knowledge than you, perhaps it was a good thing I let you know what I know, as you have done absolutely nothing to prove to us that you know more than I - deconstructing my statements without showing what you know compared to what I know, will not help your case. I am very direct - I do not play games; I do not insult my fellow men; I do not beg the question; I do not hold people back, when they do something I cannot in another field of expertise. I expect you to take heed to the principles I follow, instead of back-stabbing he who you envy.

I know the entire Universe on a cosmic level - you only seem to know how to talk behind the back of a man who knows the entire Universe on a cosmic level.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 03:52 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Perhaps I am asking for it - it's just that, you treat me different from idiots that believe in angels, gods, demons, curses and aliens before anything else that is remotely realistic, so why not go attack them, instead of me? Why am I so special to your brain?

Because the things you say make you sound like a person with good values, and the way you say them makes you sound like an arrogant asshole who wants to con people into thinking he's the next thing to god.

But your ideas are judged on their own merit. And the underlying theme of pretty much all your posts is how much better you are than everyone else. How do u expect me to be able to resist?

Don't take it personal, Cyclops. Smile
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 03:58 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
If you were intelligent, you would not be arguing with someone who has the entire world understood on a cosmic level.

I'll let you in on a little secret.
EVERYONE understands the world on a cosmic level. It's hardwired into us. But then enter language. Try to take this sense of understanding and put it into words, and you will be lucky to find another human being that agrees with your words.
To use a poetic phrase, which you seem to like, it is a secret that everyone knows, but no one can speak of, because everything we can say about it is a lie. This is due to the nature and limitations of spoken language.
fresco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 05:14 am
@Cyracuz,
Good post.
(As a point of interest, note that Gurdjieff, for one, would have disagreed with you about "everyone", because "it is not in the interests of the cosmos" for the whole of humanity to be "awake" Wink However, he certainly would have agreed with you about language, and anyone who thinks he can resort to language is certainly not "awake"!)
Ding an Sich

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 07:21 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

No, you see. If you were intelligent (notice how I don't complain; I explain), you wouldn't have condescended me in the first place. If you were intelligent, you would not be arguing with someone who has the entire world understood on a cosmic level.

Rofl.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 08:38 am
@fresco,
Interesting. Why is it not in the interest of the cosmos for the whole of humanity to be awake, according to Gurdijeff?
thack45

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 09:26 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

See my question above. Just what do you mean by 'realitly'?

^^This.

FWIW, my plebeian view is that there is one ultimate reality, independent of any human or other consciousness, but no one really knows, or can know it.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2014 09:33 am
@Cyracuz,
Because according to him, what he calls "sleeping beings " (our natural unenlightened state of consciousness) serve as a transducer of coarse to fine energy required in the evolutionary process of higher conscious beings towards the absolute. In short, the analogy is: humanity is to higher beings as plants are to humanity. However a limited number of humans have the potential to "awaken" (become enlightened) and evolve to higher levels of consciousness themselves. Knowledge is like a material commodity in short supply. Its acquisition requires "work" in order to awaken and constant reminders by someone already awake to stop the acolyte falling back to sleep. (The system uses the equivalent of pyramid selling for advancement)

Aren't you glad you asked ! Laughing

Yet, if you ignore the weird elitist cosmology whose mechanisms involve resonances and vibrations (...ring any bells ?...) and look instead at the psychological observations resulting from his system, Gurdjieff seems to have unique insight into the non-integrated nature of "self", which if we are truthful, is our common experience . It was these insights which attracted many celebrities and intellectuals to Gurdjieff's door.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 06:49 am
@fresco,
Quote:
In short, the analogy is: humanity is to higher beings as plants are to humanity.

I will probably need a little more background on Gurdijeff's ideas to fully grasp this. For now my first thought upon reading this quote was the question; how can we know that humans are "higher" beings than plants? It certainly seems that way based on all criteria set by humans, but we could argue that any living being that does not have awareness of its own awareness is more attuned to the cosmos than a being that has this awareness.

I am not sure how to understand the term "non-integrated nature of 'self'".
fresco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 07:26 am
@Cyracuz,
I've given you a very simplified version. The analogy is mine, not G's, in order for you to understand the cosmic utilization of "sleeping"humans. In fact all organic life does this transduction of "vibrations" in G's system.

The definitive text is Ouspensky's "In Search of the Miraculous" .
http://www.gurdjieff.am/in-search/index.pdf
You will meet the idea "multitude of I's" pretty early in the book.

Get back to me after you have browsed a little.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:24 am
@fresco,
That's a hefty document. I've just browsed the index for now. Bookmarked it, and I'll get back to you once I've had a chance to browse a bit more.
fresco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2014 10:20 am
@Cyracuz,
(If you jump to page 60 you will get to the I's)
0 Replies