2014 NFL PickUm Game

George

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 11:06 am
@ossobuco,
> Sunday and Monday seem a long time away today..
Not if you are sitting in an office cubicle.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 04:50 pm
@CoastalRat,
Got in late so I forfeit on last night's game

Week 1 Games

Thursday
Green Bay at Seattle: FORFEIT

Sunday Games
New Orleans at Atlanta: ATLANTA
Minnesota at St Louis: ST LOUIS
Cleveland at Pittsburgh: PITTSBURGH
Jacksonville at Philadelphia: PHILADELPHIA
Oakland at NY Jets: JETS
Cincinnati at Baltimore: BALTIMORE
Buffalo at Chicago: CHICAGO
Washington at Houston: HOUSTON
Tennessee at Kansas City: KANSAS CITY
New England at Miami: NEW ENGLAND
Carolina at Tampa Bay: CAROLINA
San Francisco at Dallas: SAN FRANCISCO
Indianapolis at Denver: DENVER

Monday Night
NY Giants at Detroit: GIANTS
San Diego at Arizona (+ Score): ARIZONA 24 SAN DIEGO 14
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 04:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hey, finn, glad to see you.

Please don't argue with me about that.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:05 pm
@George,
George wrote:

> Sunday and Monday seem a long time away today..
Not if you are sitting in an office cubicle.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
hey! good to see you in here
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:10 pm
@LionTamerX,
LT, I wish you would talk more, not especially on this thread but others. I remember you as someone I listened to.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:15 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hey! good to see you in here

Indeed, Finn. I have seen your posts on A2k for a long time (a decade?). You are in Dallas, but aren't wedded to the Cowboys, perhaps.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Re work
In actuality, we made our own cubicles in our big place. I might incur interest to say that after we left the place the Mario Bros got it. I had a small room for my landscape business, down on the first floor. Some guys in an even smaller room were designing climging walls. Me designing a big housing project's landscape.. The people back upstairs shut me out when I tried to deliver a package that arrived in my mail box. May they ever **** themselves, it was my mailbox.

If I had money and my brains intact and the gathered ability, I'd make a movie about that address.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 05:42 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, wait, I am going off describing stuff.

Waiting for Sunday.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 01:31 pm
WEEK #1 PREDICTIONS - Part 1
We have 20 players who have made picks in the 16 games (except for Finn who missed getting in on the Thursday game). 319 votes in all.
242 of those picks agreed with the majority for a Herd Mentality rating of 76%. I think that, historically, that is higher than usual.
Oddly, there is no game that we all agree on. We are close (19-1) on Buffalo at Chicago with CoastalRat casting the lone vote for the Bills. Only JPB has Jacksonville over Philadephia while Fbazer alone chooses the Browns in the Cleveland at Pittsburgh matchup.
The toss-ups this week are Tampa Bay (11 votes) vs Carolina (9), Minnesota at St Louis (12-8), Detroit vs NYJ (12-8) and Arizona vs San Diego (12-8).
We pick the home teams in 12 games.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 02:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
Good to see you're ready to take on the analysis

http://palmdesert.ucr.edu/images/design6/PencilsBlog.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 05:07 pm
@ehBeth,
or -

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AIFiSIAXYHI/T-1c-k7Zl5I/AAAAAAAAAmE/t1Y_J3aNJVI/s400/IMG_0123+%282%29-res.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 07:16 pm
PREDICTIONS - Part 2

Johnboy wins the Mr/Ms Congeniality prize. He agrees with the majority of other players here on all but one game. George, CoastalRat, Ragman, Panzade and Cowdoc are off on two.
At the other end, we find Mysteryman out of step with the majority on 7 games. JPB and McGentrix follow at 6.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 09:48 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2014 10:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
I live in the Dallas but came here with an established favorite team (The Panthers) and an established loathing of the Cowboys. Right now the Cowboy fans are pretty tepid. They've reached the point where they expect their team to screw up and lose. It's a little sad.

I grew up a NY Giants fan, but actually rooted for the Cowboys during the days of Don Meredith, Bob Lily, Walt Garrison, Bob Hayes, Jethro Pugh, Dan Reeves et al when they weren't playing the Giants, and particularly when they were playing the Packers.

I think the last Cowboy team I felt good about was the 1971 team that won Super Bowl VI. By then Staubach was the QB and I couldn't stand him (Although I came to respect him as an individual years later), but I loved Duane Thomas.

It went downhill from there and by the time they started calling themselves America's Team, I pretty much hated them. The arrival of Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson, the dumping of Tom Landry and prominence of clowns like Michael Irvin sealed the deal and I really loathed them.

Now they're pretty pathetic so it's less fun to hate them.

I was living in Charlotte when Richardson got the expansion team and though he called them the Carolina Panthers instead of the Charlotte Panthers,and they introduced the damned PSL, I still went in with a friend on Season Tickets. I've been a Panther fan ever since, and we've had a number of good years. Super Bowl XXXVII was one the best ever, and we came so damned close.

After a couple of God awful seasons, they drafted Cam Newton and we were back on course, Last season had a disappointing ending but it was fun. I'm a little worried this year. I still can't believe Steve Smith was let go - the #1 Bonehead Move in team history. Anyone who has him on their fantasy football roster is going to be pleased. A motivated Smitty is going to go crazy for Baltimore.

I'm glad its back and look forward to catching up with the regulars at the local bar where my son and I go to watch the game (we're the only two Carolina fans - it's pretty much a Bear's crowd).

Also looking forward to this thread. Should be fun.

Thanks.
George

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 06:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
> Also looking forward to this thread. Should be fun.

Not nearly as much fun as it was with spendius aboard, but we'll make do.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 07:46 am
I wrote the little prediction analysis based on my recording of the picks. I hope that whoever takes responsibility for keeping the official statistics uses their own tallies.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2014 10:57 am
One last sucker, er, entrant. Godsman87 is joining in. Here are his picks.

Atlanta
St Louis
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
NY Jets
Baltimore
Chicago
Washington
Tennessee
New England
Tampa Bay
San Francisco