Passport U.S Residency

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 02:43 am
*Read details first to understand*

Questions:-

1) How long will the entire process take

2) What does she physically and mentally go through during this process?

3) If she does not get approved for U.S residency how often can she visit the U.S

4) Is there any way she can stay or at least visit for a long period of time if the filing doesn't work out?

5) Do i have to live with her in the states, even if i showed that i can financially support her?

6) Does she qualify for any benefits as a retired worker of Trinidad and elderly?

details: I am a 48 old man that lives with his mother in Trinidad (I am a U.S citizen by marriage about 20 years ago.... i am now divorced) my mother is 76 and retired, she drives, goes to the bank,etc(fairly good health) I want to file for U.S regency for her
the U.S country is California
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,371 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 06:02 am
California is not a country, it is a state. Federal law determines rights of residency, state law has no bearing on whether or not someone can legally reside in the United States. If you obtained your citizenship while you were married and residing in the United States, then you have the right to return to the United States, and while residing there, to apply to have your mother join you. I have no idea what you mean by "regency."

However, the best advice is that this is not where you need to get advice. You need to contact the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. You can visit the website of USCIS by clicking here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 06:05 am
By the way, if you married an American citizen, that did not automatically make you a citizen. It gave you the right of residence in the U.S. If you successfully completed the process to apply to become a citizen, the you are a citizen. Just marrying an American citizen, however, does not make you a citizen.
0 Replies