What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 06:53 am
@Jasper10,
You're starting to embarrass your claimed cause.
You are critiquing someone who is more certain of his cause than you are of your own.
But then again, I can’t be certain which side you are on. As it is written, 'If those days had not been shortened...'.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:26 am
@Leadfoot,
Not sure why you think I am embarrassing my claimed cause?

Read Corinthians 13.13.I am speaking truthfully.

I know what my HOPES are in and I know what other peoples HOPES are not in.

My HOPES are in the promises of God.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:31 am
@Jasper10,
I hope your hope works out OK.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:37 am
@Leadfoot,
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Titus 1:1-2
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:51 am
@Jasper10,
Have you overflowed yet?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:13 am
@Jasper10,
Leadfoot...I know this is not relevant to this post topic but....If one searches inward...what is one searching for? Is one searching for God OR Self? We know the internal reasoning's cancel out (NIHILISM) and we know that there is no such things as a true Nihilist. One is either a +ve or -ve NIHILIST because one will always have a VIEW/BELIEF/HOPE or not in the existence or not of God/Self so all you "supposed" true nihilist out there need to get real and get a life!! (literally). If you don't truly believe in a SELF then one will remain trapped in the consciousness states. One needs to move on from this and accept that SELF does exist and is AWARE.HOPE/FAITH is not supposed to be STATIC. That type of FAITH IS dead FAITH.

I speak logically. If you can find fault with the above please say so. We can take this up in another post topic if you wish. Apologies, if I have highjacked discussions here.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:21 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
HOPE/FAITH is not supposed to be STATIC. That type of FAITH IS dead FAITH.

That was kinda my point.

Have you overflowed yet? You’re sounding very 'static' in your hope. Maybe half full. I mean no insult.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:34 am
@Leadfoot,
lol...I don't believe for one minute that I have overflowed yet, no....however, I don't consider myself static either.As carnal proof IS a "red herring" one needs to find another way. Play one side of the fence against the other so to speak.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:41 am
@Jasper10,
An honest reply, thanks.

But we are not talking about 'proof'. The only one you need to prove anything to is yourself.
That, at least, is possible.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 08:58 am
@Leadfoot,
To be honest with oneself ...one needs to first recognize SELF actually exists. If one accepts that SELF exists then one doesn't need to go inward to look for SELF. The main issue with secularism is not just the belief that God doesn't exist but also the belief that SELF doesn't exist either. If one goes inward and asks the 2 off reasoning's their view on either question they can only come back with a HOPE that they either do or don't exist. If one agrees that they both don't exist then one stays a prisoner of the internal searchings/questionings (internal consciousness).The buddah for example could go no further than this and only considered himself consciousness.If one agrees that SELF does exist then there is a way out.
Jasper10

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:32 am
@Jasper10,
SELF sits above awareness.AWARENESS sits above the 2 off CONSCIOUSNESS states.This is the way out.
0 Replies

papag

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 09:12 am
@neologist,
Yes! The more science searches into the unknown the closer they get to God, the designer and maker of all things.
The wonderful thing about God is that he wants to be known and he revels himself through his creation. Eventhough He is invisible, we can see His qualities in the things He made.

(Romans 1:20) For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable.

(Isaiah 40:26) “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; He calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing.
0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 02:05 pm
@neologist,
God exists, but religions don't know him- except one!
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2021 04:20 pm
Oh boy, we knew that was coming.

Please, please tell us which one..
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 02:07 am
@TruthMatters,
TruthMatters wrote:

God exists, but religions don't know him- except one!

Interesting blind guess.

0 Replies

TruthMatters

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 08:24 am
@Leadfoot,
You have to figure it out yourself. The Catholics, maybe? heh
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 10:12 am
@TruthMatters,
Tell me your dogma, I'll tell you which one.
TruthMatters

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 07:32 am
@Leadfoot,
You have to determine it YOURSELF!
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 07:54 am
@TruthMatters,
So you admit that your dogma is a give-away.

I don't waste my time on 'religion' or idiots, because the truth about God really does matter.
NealNealNeal

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2021 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

So you admit that your dogma is a give-away.

I don't waste my time on 'religion' or idiots, because the truth about God really does matter.

Yes it really does matter.
The "one religion" that is correct says that a person can not reach God by his own efforts. "Looking inward" ultimately subjects the person to the wiles of Satan.
God has revealed Himself. We are dependent on God for our lives. We can examine the physical world as it exists today. However, only God can reveal spiritual truth to us.
0 Replies