What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

kjw47

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
You have judged the person in the mirror rightly by your judgement.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 12:00 pm
@kjw47,
All you have are stale worn out quotations, other people's words because you are incapable of dealing with the truth.

You did not attempt to address any of the issues at all, instead you stuck your head in the sand like the proverbial ostrich.

If you were anyone else I'd say you lacked the decency to look at the what the report said, what was being done about it, and how things like that would be dealt with in the future.

If you were anyone else I'd say that.

I don't think it's about decency, it's about ability, you clearly lack the wherewithal to do any of the above. Your simplistic answers and need to quote others is all there is to you.
kjw47

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
You need help, I will pray God sends some for you. He loves you even though you doubt him. The darkness must be a rotten place to be in a world like this.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 12:52 pm
@kjw47,
Pray for yourself.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 12:54 pm
@kjw47,
I guess it must get pretty dark under all that bloody sand.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Pray for yourself.

Thoughts and prayers. Just what America needs more of these days.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 01:41 pm
"In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of a god and the universe, becomes a person who has no faith at all.”
-- Alan Watts
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 01:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Pray for yourself.

I imagine that prayer is something akin to meditation. It helps the individual doing the praying or meditating, and that has to be enough in itself because it's sheer egotism to expect anything else.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 01:59 pm
@coluber2001,
It's good for everyone, when he's doing it he's not posting on here.

I have all the time in the World for genuine Christians, ones who go out of their way to help others and preach tolerance, love and understanding.

I have no time for simplistic dimwitted dogma.
0 Replies

kjw47

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 01:15 pm
@coluber2001,
Jesus prayed. Its the wise thing to do. There are only 2 choices on this earth. One stands for God or they are standing for satan.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 11:09 am
Quote:
Rebekah Vardy says she was sexually abused in Jehovah’s Witness childhood
Footballer’s wife tells how she was ‘shamed’ and ‘blamed’ as she recalls the trauma of her early years for TV documentary

Rebekah Vardy has said she was sexually abused while growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness, an ordeal her former community failed to protect her from.

Vardy, 41, opened up about her upbringing in a Channel 4 documentary titled Rebekah Vardy: Jehovah’s Witnesses and Me, which will air on 16 May.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are a Christian denomination with about 8.5 million active members. A primary tenet of the religion is that the world’s destruction is imminent.

In the documentary, Vardy returns to her home town of Norwich, where several practising family members still reside. She left the Jehovah’s Witnesses at the age of 15, after she was “shamed” for being sexually abused and seeing her family shunned for her parents’ divorce.

“I was brought up in a strict and controlling religious organisation,” Vardy said. “What happened to me during my childhood still affects me every single day.”

Vardy said a person in the community had sexually abused her between the ages of 11 and 15, something that she said was covered up by “elders”, senior male religious leaders.

“From the age of around 12 years old I was being abused and instead of being supported I was blamed, manipulated into believing it wasn’t the best thing to take it to the police,” she said.

“I told my mum about the abuse that I was experiencing. She cried, but didn’t believe me,” she said. “I told numerous members of my family, Jehovah’s Witness community, and they called a meeting. I think I was about 15. It was suggested that I had misinterpreted the abuse for a form of affection.”

She added: “I knew that I hadn’t. I was well aware of what was right and what was wrong, and it was explained that I could bring shame on my family, and I was basically manipulated into believing it wasn’t the best thing to do to take it any further and take it to the police.

“It’s hard to see how I survived that.”

Vardy, who is married to the Leicester City footballer Jamie Vardy, said her childhood was spent believing she would die during Armageddon if she was not “perfect”, recalling “upsetting” images depicting the end of the world that were shown to her. She said they still caused her nightmares as an adult.

When she was 11, her family was ostracised by the community after her parents’ divorce, with relatives and friends forbidden from associating with them.

The documentary also records Vardy meeting former Jehovah’s Witnesses, including a child-abuse survivor and the mother of a man who took his own life after the organisation expelled him.

Vardy said she had initially “closed Pandora’s box” on her experience, and until the documentary she “didn’t want to revisit that”.

Asked whether the documentary had given her closure on her childhood experiences, Vardy said: “Definitely. I think this chapter has closed.

“It already really was, but I really wanted to do this when Channel 4 approached me, because I was fascinated by it,” she said.

“Knowing that I had a voice, knowing that my voice could help, and hopefully there will be more people who come forward to share their experiences.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/14/rebekah-vardy-sexual-abuse-jehovahs-witnesses
kjw47

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 03:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Wicked men do wicked things--There have been wicked acts in Gods religion all through history. It didn't make the religion wrong..
Gods anointed king David, stole another mans wife, then sent that man to an assured death. A hand picked apostle, sold the son of God for 30 pieces of silver.
There is no perfection in imperfection.
Its always best to hear both sides of a story to get the real picture.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 May, 2023 03:40 pm
@kjw47,
You're not doing that, you're sticking your head in the sand and resorting to stale quotations.

There's nothing from the heart, no genuine response, nothing real, some automaton reading from a script.
kjw47

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
My post was 100% truth.
Jesus even saw wicked men in his religion-Matt 7:22-23--and they will hear those words as judgement. Wicked men accomplish wicked deeds. It does not make the religion wrong.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 04:34 pm
@kjw47,
Lucifer the Morning Star, also known as that old Serpent Satan and Jesus his earthly image who was lifted up upon a pole in the wilderness in order that all those who were dying because of the venom of the serpent that was coursing through their veins, only had to turn to the IMAGE that had been lifted up in order to be saved.

David, the warrior King chosen by God to establish his kingdom, gathered around himself all the outcasts and dregs of society to accomplish that which God decreed.
kjw47

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 07:26 pm
@The Anointed,
Yes satan stood strong before he turned wicked. David did wicked acts but repented. No they had to obey Jesus--that is the key, not just turn to him. The only real disciples learn and apply everything he taught-John 14:15--Matt 28:19-20
The Anointed

Reply Fri 19 May, 2023 05:11 am
@kjw47,
Deuteronomy 18: 18; The Lord says to Moses----“I will send them a prophet just like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything that I command him to say. And whoever will not give heed to MY WORDS which he will speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish.”

Peter reveals who that prophet was, when in Acts 3: 12; in reference to the man Jesus, Peter says; “For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc.”

Did the people of his day believe that the man Jesus was some God, who had been born of a virgin? Of course not, the Jews who lived in the day of Jesus, knew that God had said to Moses that he would choose a man from among the Israelites and send him to speak in his name, and Peter in Acts 3: 22; verified that man to be Jesus the son of Mary, Plus the people of his day knew that he was the man that God had chosen from among the Israelites and sent to speak in his name, when on his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, they cried out: “BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.”

In John 5: 24; Jesus says; "Whoever hears my words, and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

Whose words must we believe in to inherit eternal life.

John 14: 24; “And the words which you hear are not mine, but ‘THE’ Fathers who sent me. Not “MY Father” but ‘THE’ Father of us all: “Our Father who is in heaven.”

Jesus said to Mary Magdalen in John 20: 17; “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord which had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, HIS earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit and through who the Lord God our savior revealed himself to us.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Acts 17: 31; For He (The Lord God our saviour) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who said through his obedient servant Jesus; “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”
kjw47

Reply Sat 20 May, 2023 07:32 pm
@The Anointed,
What are you relating here?
The Anointed

Reply Sat 20 May, 2023 09:13 pm
@kjw47,
Quote:
What are you relating here?

I am relating to the fact that it is not the words of JESUS in which we should believe to inherit everlasting life, but the words of the Lord God our saviour, who chose the Jewish son of Mary and her half-brother Joseph, the children sired by Alexander Helios III by different mothers, to be his earthly mouthpiece and speak to the people 'IN HIS NAME' all that he was commanded to say, words such as; 'BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM', thereby revealing that the spirit=words with which the man Jesus was filled on the day he was baptised, was that of HE who said through Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will punish, etc.
kjw47

Reply Sun 21 May, 2023 01:53 pm
@The Anointed,
Jesus was sent by the true God. He only spoke what the true God told him to speak. So yes all should listen to Jesus.