Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:56 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 9
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:06 am
Hmmm...butter not guns.Suprised Lugar broke ranks so forcefully.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:04 pm
It is about time a member of congress chose the nations welfare over partisan politics.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:06 pm
It was hardly a rip. Its how a decent elected official shows differences with a sitting President.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:14 pm
I wonder how the Bushies will take it. They are not known to taking kindly to criticism. Remember they do not make mistakes Rolling Eyes or at least admit to them.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:42 pm
I don't know, but the title is obvious evidence of a leftie journalist bias. That was no rip.

I'm surprised they didn'tput a bunch of exclamation points behind all Lugar's sentences...

<eye rolling>
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:52 pm
One thing the histories of Bush currently (and yet to be) written have agreed on: Bush is not a leader who surrounds himself with 'yes men'. His administration is open and encourages people to speak their minds and he collects many different points of view before making critical decisions. The liberal press sees it as indictment that people disagree with him. Conservatives see it as strength. (IMO)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:10 pm
Foxfyre
You are correct Bush is not as leader.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 08:10 pm
according to Paul O'Neil the reason that bush had a few known people that are not strictly GOP was just for cover.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 08:16 pm
Revel, it's the GOP people who disagree with him. And from what I've been able to glean from insiders who write about it, he listens, compares everybody's viewpoints, and then comes to his decision. I would trust somebody much further knowing people can disagree with him without unpleasant consequences. According to what insiders have written of the previous administration, that wasn't the case.
0 Replies