Did Bush's training wheels fall off his bike?

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:13 am
This has to be the best campaign statement made so far.

John Kerry: President Bush fell off his bike Saturday. Did the training wheels fall off?

Even better than Ann Richard's "Poor George (Bush senior), he can't help himself; he was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:49 am
What I want to know is....if the press is reporting that they are debating on whether to treat this as an on or off the record remark then isn't it already an on the record remark?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:58 am
Allegedly he hit a wet spot on the trail.

I'm about three hours away from Crawford, but it hasn't rained in Texas for over a week.

I know the terrain there; I've been in Crawford, and it does have hills and gullies. That have water in them when it rains. And are dry the next day.

Statewide, Texas has had temps in the eighties and nineties and no significant precipitation for the past seven days.

Bush, who isn't known at all for riding bicycles, is scared of riding horses, and fell off a Segway, decided to go out on his ranch a few hours (before going to see his daughter in Austin) and bike 17 miles? On a very hot and windy day? In the middle of the afternoon?

And he has not the slightest sunburn?

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/mdf575007.jpg

There is no way anyone in Texas could have been riding for 17 miles in bright sun and summertime temperatures yesterday afternoon and not gotten a bit of a sunburn (or windburn). No amount of 50 sunblock would've prevented it -- trust me, your sunblock washes off in your perspiration (and that's if you, like me, are just riding around in a golf cart).

I don't think the Secret Service ran alongside him with an umbrella shielding him from the sun.

One other observation: his face was more banged up when he hit that coffeetable on his way to the floor with the pretzel stuck in his throat:

http://www.opendemocracy.net/content/articles/630/images/0537_WDhilton_Bushbruised_310702.jpg

http://www.bettybowers.com/graphics/bruise.jpg

Just sayin'...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:07 am
BBB has an inside tip
I have an inside tip that Laura finaly got so fed up that she smacked Bush for screwing up the US and the world so badly that they couldn't even go to their daughters' graduation ceremonies. He got smart mouth with her and told her to get back in the kitchen. She whomped him a good one in the face, just like she did when she told him to stop being a drunk or she would leave him.

Now Bush can't admit his wife Knocked the sh*t out of him so he invented the bike story.

BBB
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:13 am
I think he and Jenna got into a little rumble (she didn't show up at her graduation ceremony yesterday).

Of course, it sort of looks like a rug burn on his chin, so it could have been a fraternity prank.

Or maybe he was re-enacting some scenes from Abu Ghraib. You know, for the boyz.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:25 pm
How does one fall off a tricycle?
0 Replies