Women Can NOT Drive

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:32 pm
I've always held the fact tightly that women just suck at driving.

Today I almost got into two car accidents with them.

1) Driving the on-ramp to the highway, sharp, looping corner, come around...STOPPED in the lane, a woman driving a minivan. Yes, I'm aware if I hit her it's technically my fault. But traffic was very light, and apparantly so is her head. She proceeds to pull on the highway at a nice 30-40mph pace, causing me to almost get rear ended by a car coming down the highway.

2) Storrow drive. I'm in the middle lane. Woman driving a Saturn wagon (nice boy's regular haircut, too) decides to quickly change into my lane, only looking directly back over her shoulder. Thankfully nobody was in the right lane, so I could swerve out of mine to make room for Senorita Stupid.

No wonder this morning they pulled a motorist over for flashing a gun at someone in a road rage fit. Bet it was a woman they almost shot.

Please ladies...grab your scissors and cut those licenses up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,471 • Replies: 39
No top replies

fishin

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:38 pm
Heh, I had a guy in a Jeep CJ cut across 4 lanes of traffic in front of me this morning. I guess he didn't realize it was his exit ramp until he was 10 ft away from it.

If I had floored it I could have caught his back end as he was going sideways across the lanes and rolled him but.. I was feeling generous. Wink

Takes all kinds.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:43 pm
The majority of drivers are awful period. Between those who just lack the good ol' perception and skill to drive smoothly, the stupid, old people with dulled senses, ect, it's bad. But women just seem to drive with their heads up their asses, collectively as a group.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 12:50 pm
Can we talk about asian female drivers? Or any asian drivers for that matter? Or is that not PC?

!@#$%^&*#$
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 01:07 pm
i drive very well.

our car has been in 3 accidents - all HIS fault.

maybe it's men who're the !@%#$ed up drivers???
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 01:58 pm
Maybe this is horribly sexist of me, but my impression has been that bad male drivers are bad on purpose--they are just aggressive donkeyholes.
Bad female drivers, on the other hand, are bad "accidentally", because they're clueless--e.g. completely unaware that their car happens to be going 90 mph while the rest of the traffic is going 70.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 02:04 pm
so what you're saying is that my husband who is a chronic insurance hazard (apparently) is that way because he chooses to be, and that if I, although I've not had any accidents, am 1 just waiting to happen :-)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 02:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Can we talk about asian female drivers? Or any asian drivers for that matter? Or is that not PC?

!@#$%^&*#$

I talked to a buddy of mine shortly after the minivan dumbass incident, and I said "what's worse than a woman driving a minivan?" He said "An asian woman driving a minivan."

They're enhanced suckiness behind the wheel.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 02:55 pm
Driving is one of those things that EVERYONE thinks that they can do and do well, but it is a skill that not everyone can master. I am one of those extremely rare people who knows I am a crap driver and therefore I do not own a car and I do not drive. I can drive, in an emergency, but I can do without (so far). As a pedestrian therefore, I think ALL you drivers are crap and I nit-pick at everyone who doesn't stop when I step off the sidewalk(!)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 03:29 pm
That's a whole other issue, heeven. I think I posted a thread about that too once. Ever notice the "stings" the police do in Union Sq/Allston? They have the plain dressed cops walk out onto the crosswalk, and an officer waiting 200 feet away pulls people over who don't stop.
I don't mind stopping for people at crosswalks, but when people just walk out onto the street in front of me, expecting me to slam on my brakes for them, it really pisses me off.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 03:39 pm
I watched a woman step off the T and directly into Commonwealth Ave without looking. The car hit her at about 45MPH, she flew up and over it like a rag doll. The T-driver never knew what happened, and we rolled away. I'm pretty sure she died on the spot.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 03:55 pm
...patiently awaiting the deluge...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 04:10 pm
All drivers suck. Period.

I had to drive to and from O'Hare a couple of times recently. So many sucky drivers... uncountable. One of the main problems with Chicago freeways is that the speed limit is 55 mph which NOBODY pays the SLIGHTEST attention to, but there also is no agreed-upon "since there's no way we're going 55, we'll go ___" flow. So you have some people going 85, some people going $%@#! 45.

That and the tolls. People are insane coming out of the tolls.

Just about every day I have some driving story I think of putting on the "what made you grit your teeth and grimace today" thread, but I figure I'm already predictable enough on the "what made you smile today" thread (kid) without being a one-note wonder on "grimace" (driving.) Stupid women, stupid men, stupid everyone. Stupid.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 04:11 pm
cjhsa, just saw yours. Wha?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 04:12 pm
sozobe wrote:
All drivers suck. Period.

Except me, of course. I'm that guy that you're always saying - I wish everyone would drive like him Cool
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:08 pm
sozobe wrote:
cjhsa, just saw yours. Wha?

Which one? Asian drivers or dead woman walking?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:10 pm
The dead woman one. Ironic? She deserved it? What?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:12 pm
It was just a comment on paying attention and respecting traffic. Cars weigh a lot more than people. It was a disgusting and sad thing to see.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:16 pm
OK. Yeah, I'd imagine.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:16 pm
I was driving a barely running uhaul truck up from the southern-most coastline of Massachusetts last fraiday when I was almost killed twice my male truck (semi) drivers. One guy hauling industrial sized building material (iron framing pieces) came flying down the ramp to get on the highway. I had very little ability to slow down and no ability to pick up. And I had traffic to my left. He fish-tailed trying to stop from crashing into me and barely kept clear. The other trucker was trying to get out of the way of a statie-with-his-lights-flashing (what was that trucker doing in the fast lane going 75 mph in rush-hour traffic?) and tried to pull into me. Again, I had someone to my right, so I couldn't change lanes.

But, I did actually flip off a woman a few days ago. Dumb college kid being an ass.

(bearly running??? Oy.)
0 Replies