The Christian Science Monitor

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:34 pm
I'm not a Christian, even less am I a Christian Scientist. I think they're a bit wacky.

But I really like their newspaper, for the most part. Which surprises me.

Do you ever read articles form the CSM? What do you think about the paper?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
@boomerang,
I tend to look at it when I want a clear baseline of political matters in the US. It seems to be fairly central on the global political spectrum.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:43 pm
@boomerang,
Mostly, I read the articles posted here by tsarstefan, but if you skip the religious section, it is one of the outstanding papers in the country. Last I heard, it was listed among the top ten in the nation.

Wacky? Lemme tell you how I feel about that. We've got Christians, Moslems, Buddists, Hindus, and who knows what all including maybe 27 different flavors of Baptists. Each and every one of them makes exactly as much sense to me as any of the others. Some are maybe in better taste than others.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 07:46 pm
The articles I've read by them seem to be about mainstream. I only see their stuff occasionally.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2014 10:53 pm
Excellent paper. Once upon a time, long long ago, I actually subscribed to it for a few months. (It's published from Boston.)
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:07 am
@boomerang,
Yea Boom, it has good rep
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:15 am
@boomerang,
I love their website. Back when I lived in Massachusetts, I also picked up their paper edition once and a while. I do get their email newsletter every day.

As far as quality journalism, they're up there with the New York Times.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 10:46 am
I agree with everybody saying it's good.
I've a long list of news and news blog sites I look at but CSM is fairly high on it.
0 Replies