Favorite Fast Foods

marycat

Tue 28 Jan, 2003 08:58 pm
mac, that's so sad!

mamajuana, I love mayonnaise. On fries. On burgers. On cold chicken. But only REAL mayonnaise. And by that I do not mean Hellmann's, I mean the kind you make with egg yolks, oil, and a whisk.

Yum yum yum! I love fat.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Jan, 2003 09:15 pm
We use low fat mayo at home, but will eat that regular stuff when it's on a sandwich at a restaurant. c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 10:55 am
That low fat mayo is full of sugar and tastes like Miracle Whip. Yuck.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 11:50 am
cjh, I really don't understand your post about "full of sugar." The Nutrition Facts on the bottle says it has 1g of Sugars. Otherwise, zero Total Fat, zero Saturated Fat, Zero Cholesterol, 6% Sodium, and 3g Total Carbohydrates. Compared to the 'regular' mayo, I'll stick with my FAT FREE. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:07 pm
The last low fat mayo I tried was Kraft. I made my usual artichoke dip with the mayo, some lemon juice, and tabasco. It was horrible - sweet and nasty, didn't work with the savory artichoke at all. Maybe you have a better brand.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 12:43 pm
I use the mayo on some of my sandwiches. Some times I use mustard, except when I use it for tuna. The brand is called "Smart Beat." The taste is okay, but nothing like the 'real' thing. c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:01 pm
I have no problems using low or non-fat products as long as they either taste good or are masked by the recipe you use them in so you don't miss the fat.

We use so little mayo I don't know why we bothered buying the low fat stuff. Must have been a subliminal thing caused by that Cooking Light magazine we take. It's really a women's health mag posing as a cooking mag.
0 Replies

mac11

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:08 pm
I use so little mayonnaise that I buy the good stuff (i.e. full fat Very Happy ) in the smallest size available. And usually end up throwing away a half-used jar when I realize that it's a year past the expiration date!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 01:18 pm
macs, Actually, we also use very little mayo at home, and buying the small jar makes the most sense. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:14 pm
Who buys those little jars when you can get a gallon of the stuff for $2.99 at Costco? Smile No wonder we're all gaining weight.
0 Replies

BillW

Thu 30 Jan, 2003 12:18 pm
Have you been reading the article on how McD's and other fast food restaurants have been increasing amounts of food (super size, etc) to maximize profits and this has changed America's eating habits; ie, a direct contribution to the obesity of America. Then the judge threw that case out of court where the teenage boy sued along these lines?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 30 Jan, 2003 05:47 pm
BillW, When I went to the barber shop today to get my haircut, another guy came in to get his haircut. He said he was off work, because he had a triple by-pass, and didn't feel he had much energy yet after one week of his surgery. He also talked about eating too much fatty foods, and not enough excercise. That's the reason we try to eat healthy 95 percent of the time, and try to get some physical excercise by working in my yard or walking the shopping malls. My wife goes to the health spa three or more times every week. I wonder what other A2Kers do to minimize fatty food intake and regular regimen of excercise? I also notice that when I maintain a good excercise program, my HDL is in the good range. c.i.
0 Replies

pueo

Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:10 am
right behind my office building is a gym, go there quite often.
0 Replies

pueo

Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:11 am
taco bell's new typhoon taco, full of jalapeno's yum, yum
0 Replies

Wilso

Tue 4 Feb, 2003 02:32 am
My work is plenty physical enough to constitute exercise. Especially the walking up and down stairs.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Feb, 2003 11:37 am
Hey Wilso, Don't you have escalators and elevators in Aussie land? LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Wilso

Wed 5 Feb, 2003 01:41 am
Yes, but not many at the Port Kembla Steelworks. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pueo

Wed 5 Feb, 2003 02:01 am
tried the popcorn chicken at kfc today, didn't like it. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

couzz

Thu 13 Mar, 2003 02:27 pm
mamajuana:

I agree with you..Popeye's chicken is the best.

I will go out of my way to buy KFC's cole slaw. Wendy's frozen chocolate dessert (like whipped ice cream) is a winner and not too sweet.
alex240101

Wed 16 Jan, 2008 09:36 am
I haven't had a Jack in the box taco in twenty five years.
0 Replies