Favorite Fast Foods

Region Philbis

Sat 6 Dec, 2014 05:00 pm
@marycat,
marycat wrote:
Buffalo wings. I love buffalo wings.

found this in the supermahket last night --

http://www.willowtreefarm.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/1/267667aca882b5fda24d8f4e6c72093e/images/buffalo_15_oz_prepack_lg.jpg

added celery, lettuce, plum tomatoes, sprouts, green pepper, red onion... and made sammitches on whole wheat... quite tasty...

0 Replies

chai2

Sat 6 Dec, 2014 06:01 pm
@couzz,
couzz wrote:

mamajuana:

I agree with you..Popeye's chicken is the best.

I will go out of my way to buy KFC's cole slaw. Wendy's frozen chocolate dessert (like whipped ice cream) is a winner and not too sweet.

Church's Chicken is much better.
roger

Sat 6 Dec, 2014 07:11 pm
@chai2,
KFC indeed has cole slaw the way I like it. Even better than the local Spare Rib, which is very good.
0 Replies

Ethels

Fri 12 Dec, 2014 02:25 am
@pueo,
Hamburgers, pizza
0 Replies

Verlor

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 02:07 am
I love to eat at

KFC - Chicken
Taco bell - anything
Mcdonalds - Chicken burger
Burger king - Whopper
0 Replies

Ethels

Thu 29 Jan, 2015 07:54 pm
@pueo,
I love pizza
0 Replies

jaxcaterer1

Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:27 am
@pueo,
Guess what my favorite is MacDonald and their burgers
0 Replies

kirti

Wed 3 Aug, 2016 12:29 am
@pueo,
Country treat pizza at pizza hut, die to eat, its so yummy delicious out of the world!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 10:58 am
What a great thread to re-read Smile

Some great old posts and posters from 2003
chai2

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 11:40 am
@ehBeth,
They recently opened a Pollo Tropical down the street. I remember them from living in Fla.

Pretty good.

My favorite is their sides of black beans and rice. I'm thinking I'll skip the meals and just pick up large side orders of them, or at least the beans. I'll make my own rice.

They have interesting sauces, like pineapple rum.

I got some of their curry mustard, and it was so good mixed in with the beans and rice. I wouldn't usually put mustard with beans, but the curry made the difference.

https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/WoEYdb1TiYuOxL9sA-tE4Q/348s.jpg
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 11:42 am
@chai2,
BURGER KING 2 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 12:26 pm
On fast food, I've not been a fan, have avoided it for years at a time, but will go there with others sometimes. I generally like hole in the wall family restaurants better (see Jonathan Gold's writing). But, and there is a big but, I fell hook line and sinker for Burger King's big fish sandwich, back in northern california. Hmm, I may need to check out if I still like those, as BKing is in Abq too. We're not famous for great fish in this city, though - but I've no idea how the BKing distribution system works.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 12:57 pm
@chai2,
Is the rice anything special? It looks like regular white rice.

I could live on rice and beans.
InfraBlue

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 01:07 pm
Around here these are pretty popular, although there are some people that wouldn't get near them.

Chico's Tacos

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/pmW_8nhnhx99FCEGmFS_gw/ls.jpg

Rolled ground beef tacos drowned in a light, mildly piquant tomato sauce covered in yellow cheese. The green salsa is the fiery one. They're an El Paso original.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 07:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Is the rice anything special? It looks like regular white rice.

I could live on rice and beans.

No, I'd probably just make my own rice.

I do make a fair amount of dry beans, but black beans take much longer to cook, in my experience, than let's say red beans.

It would just be a fast, relatively inexpensive way to get your bean on.

I just looked at their online menu, and a regular side order of black beans is $1.99. When mixed with rice I thought it was enough for 2 meals. The large side is $3.49. I guess it's twice as big. I don't know.

I mean, yeah, that's super cheap to get 2 meals for 2 bucks, plus your own rice, but then I think how I could buy a pound of dried black beans for $1.50 or so, and get 3 pounds cooked. With the cooking gas and spices, let's say $2.

I know, it can be false economy if you don't want more, and forget to freeze them. It's just that I find beans such a miracle food. If only people in the U.S. would catch on you don't have to add 5 pounds of nasty sausage, or other unhealthy things.

sigh.

chai2

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 07:44 pm
Oh. Another fast food place I like is Pei Wei. It's owned by PF Changs.

Actually, the only thing I get on the menu is the Mongolian Beef, and sometimes I'll switch out the beef for chicken.

Their brown rice is addictive. It's if not the best I've ever had, it's right up there.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 07:50 pm
In todays mail was a flyer with coupons for Schlotzky's.

There were two BOGO coupons, along with others.

So for $8 we split a giant salad (cranberry, apple, pecan, field greens, chicken breast with raspberry vinegarette) and a french dip sandwich.

I'll probably use the other this weekend.

I couldn't make that at home for the price.

https://s3.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/5806/media/images/t2/Schlotzskys_Chicken_Cranberries_Apples__Pecans_Salad_4357718.jpg

http://www.restaurantnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Schlotzskys-French-Dip.jpg
0 Replies

LisaPearson

Sun 2 Oct, 2016 10:55 pm
I love eating fast food.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:17 pm
portion control. I eat all kinds of crap, but in small portions.
One McD's hamburger a month sorta keeps that Mickeydee umame gene at bay.
ossobucotemp

Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:40 pm
I, who just said I'd check out if Burger King here carries the fish sandwich and I'd see if I still like it, cook probably more than 95% percent of my own meals, not from packages.
Be so kind as to not lecture when it is not asked for in a Favorite Fast Foods thread.
0 Replies