Thanks, Republicans and wishy washy Dems

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 09:34 pm
Like pardon me for talking.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:13 pm
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k06mqYRUNek/UZoPY-XcqiI/AAAAAAAASoI/xRK2jPeev44/s1600/zombie_congress.jpg
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:23 am
@ossobuco,
I agree, the focus needs to be on helping the homeless and making things affordable. Issues which seem to be unanswerable where once before it was not. I suppose, the homeless arrested at least get a bed to go into in jail, plus something to eat. However, it would seem to me that would just add to cost of the cities financial problems and over crowded jails.

The reason I can see most of these issues being republican is because of their whole republican platform is against helping the poor and for more wars. Those are just facts, so edgar was not off base because we democrats are wishy washy and just go against our platform most of the time.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:01 am
Many Democrats are what I call stealth Republicans.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:45 am
@revelette2,
The cost of housing anyone in jail is a lot more expensive than providing other kinds housing - such as in armories. The staffing of jails are very expensive.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Illegal, probably shouldn't be
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZWqmfzfonog1s7RZxQfCjNwyeCb-TmiEC4AFLI5EZcYs3Vaum

Easy enough to find out.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
I agree, which is why I said,

Quote:
However, it would seem to me that would just add to cost of the cities financial problems and over crowded jails.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:50 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
Or is it just Republicans in general are bad regardless of what they do?

YES

I agree. Otherwise they wouldn't be Republicans. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 09:52 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
Who, in your view, is at fault for the exterminations and oppression occurring in northern Iraq at the hands of ISIS ? Do you blame Republicans for this?

No. Not directly but Bush may have had a hand in it. But I blame the U S of A military for their practice of leaving dangerous weapons lying around for the terriost organizations of the world like al Quada, and ISIS, to gather up, and who we have armed with modern weapons. Woops! There I go again with my antiamerican rants! Guess I'll have to move to a foreign country.

Nothing wrong with an occasional rant, Rabel. I do it.

I certainly would not suggest to you that you consider moving somewhere else, as I did with another person who seems to loathe it here...and who was talking about it in post after post, day after day.

For that kind of person...a person so dissatisfied with our country...it makes sense to suggest a possible move. What the hell...ya only have so much life. Best to live it where you can be happy.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 01:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Dont know, what is the picture of?
That could be a natural gas pipe, it could be an oil pipe, and its also big enough to be a water main.
Are they installing it, are they repairing it, removing it, or are they replacing it?
The picture provides absolutely no information to make any judgement about it.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 01:45 pm
@mysteryman,
Fracking. ******* fracking.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 01:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
How do you know that, based solely on the picture?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 01:47 pm
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRinSKf5VOnBWJu8mnQuzn8acglmDbXJ6o1XNlyjmCTYnJPRPQCyg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 01:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes to that.. (re democrats)

On fracking, I remember being convinced a few years ago now that there is bad bad fracking and not so bad fracking, but I need to read up as I might be moving toward None, please.
Of course, our energy needs and solutions are another quagmire of endless arguments.

On peanuts, I like them, but not as pay. Despite an interesting second career that I really liked, I mostly lived at quite low income for my last 1/4 century of work, while also being insurance/med bills poor. Don't get me started, but I'm just a dot on the landscape of people with money troubles.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:02 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

How do you know that, based solely on the picture?

By clicking on the photo and clicking search this image on google, you can check any of my photos to see their context.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's the problem; they spent more on the bag and printing than the content.
2 Cents Cool Shocked Sad
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:24 pm
Well sure. We can eliminate well fracking any old time. Most oil & gas wells will produce something even if not fracked. You just have to accept lower return on investment. Now, when ROI gets down to the level of secure treasury issues with guaranteed return, that's the direction the investment money will be flowing. No more o&g wells.

Damn, I'd hate to spend my life feeding, grooming, and hitching up ol' Dobbin every time I head out to the grocery store.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:34 pm
@roger,
Is Dobbin your son? Mr. Green

The devil made me do it!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:36 pm
http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/fracking.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, the horse I never rode.

Ever see the 1st Cav patch before every thing army went camouflaged? Biggest shoulder patch I've ever seen. A huge yellow field with a diagonal bar and a horse head at the top. Explain that the head represents the horse you never rode, the bar is the line you didn't hold. The yellow field, of course, speaks for itself. Tell that to someone from first Cav and be ready for action.