"Full Sovereignty for Iraq on June 30"

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:11 pm
Well, my ethics are always far more dependable than yours.

If you can't make a point to your satisfaction--you merely jumble words to suit your mood. This routine of your is quite irritating, as I've told you before. Rather than fabricate words for me--how about using mine!

The moral responsibility we owe them was stated for you to read above. Why you prefer to make that ridiculous statement and attempt to attribute it to me is evidence of some odd desperation on your part. Much like an animal, who is captured--detained...and let go in the middle of a civil war. <I'm sorry. It just doesn't work.>

Again. Do you think we should stay even if they tell us to leave?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:11 pm
Sofia, No matter what kind of rhetoric this administration uses to convince the masses that sovereignty will be transferred on June 30, our building of biggest embassy in the world in Baghdad and keeping up to 135,000 of our troops there just doesn't jive with the rhetoric. I'll be convinced when the US moves out of Iraq, lock-stock and barrel.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:17 pm
Sofia wrote:

If you can't make a point to your satisfaction--you merely jumble words to suit your mood. This routine of your is quite irritating, as I've told you before. Rather than fabricate words for me--how about using mine!

The moral responsibility we owe them was stated for you to read above. Why you prefer to make that ridiculous statement and attempt to attribute it to me is evidence of some odd desperation on your part. Much like an animal, who is captured--detained...and let go in the middle of a civil war. <I'm sorry. It just doesn't work.>

Again. Do you think we should stay even if they tell us to leave?

As usual, you choose to evade.

Do you think invading a country bestows a moral obligation to them?

It is a simple question.

You simply answer it with a question. I would like to know what you think.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:19 pm
I understand that, ci.
"Full sovereignty" is another phrase easily manipulated.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:20 pm
And, to answer your question while you do not answer mine - I think that pretending to be willing to leave a country, and pretend to bestow choice upon its invader appointed government, which exists only because of you, with no chance of a stable government forming, is a transparent and totally immoral ploy.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:28 pm
Sofia wrote:
I think it is moral to abide by our word, hand over sovereignty and stay if they say, or leave if they say. I think it is moral to warn them of what we believe will happen--but we cannot stay on against their wishes.

Do you think we should stay, though they tell us to leave?

And the analogy comparing Iraqis to animals, who have no way of thinking for themselves, or making decisions, I thought was just ill-conceived. Iraqis are not that helpless or dependant. I just thought it was a bad analogy.

You are mistaken, or a liar. I didn't answer with a question. This was my answer.

It is immoral to break your word to a people, who's land you are occupying. It is immoral to tell them you will leave if they ask--and then not follow through.

There is a chance of a stable government in Iraq. It won't appear out of thin air. I hope the Iraqis are wise enough to know they should take the help they are being offered.

I asked if you think we should stay even though they ask us to leave. Why won't you answer my question?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:31 pm
I did.

And, as usual, I do not respond to your stupid insults on the same level.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:33 pm
And - you have NOT answered my question - except by implication.

Let me phrase it again - does your saying we should leave if asked (by whatever authority is held to exist in Iraq, gos only knows) mean you believe there is no moral obligation to Iraq created by invading it? That we can simply walk out?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:35 pm
If a properly and fairly elected government asks us to leave - that is different.

Does ANYONE think such a beast shall exist by June 30th?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:40 pm
Sofia wrote:

That is the single biggest lie ever written by a conservative on this site. And there's been some whoppers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:42 pm
Wilso - don't stoop - and to be fair, I AM challenging her ethics.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:43 pm
Although I do not call her names and such!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:43 pm
By offering to stay, we are meeting our obligation.
By offering to leave, we are meeting our obligation.

Refusing to stay would be rejecting our obligation.
Refusing to leave would be even worse, IMO.

Do you think we should refuse to leave?
Yes or no.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:46 pm
LOl - how many times must I answer Sofia? Could I expres it more clearly?

Should we leave now? How can I be clearer in saying no?

Should we leave when the instability we created has settled enough for the Iraqis to create a government of their choice - which should be happening asap - and if that government tells us to - yes, of course.

NOW will you answer my question?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:46 pm
Yes or no, please.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:47 pm
What was the question?

Please. You've been spanked. Go to the corner.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:50 pm
Ah - I see - no answer to be given - well, not so very unexpected from you Sofia.

I compliment you upon your reason, arguing skills, and leave you to spit in your corner.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:52 pm
You have started with liar, and no ethics - shall I give you a thesaurus site in case you run short of invective?

Here you go - plenty to choose from:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=thesaurus&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 11:02 pm
You never answered my question. Why on earth do you think I would answer yours? And, you have several all bunched together...

I asked SHOULD WE STAY, THOUGH THEY ASK US TO LEAVE? You refuse to answer that question.

You asked if we have any moral responsibility to a country after invading it. I told you what those moral responsibilities were, and then you said oddly , "Well, so you say you have no moral responsibility..."

Sort of nuts, aren't you?
And, if I spit a corner, it will be yours.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 12:22 am
dlowan wrote:
You have started with liar, and no ethics - shall I give you a thesaurus site in case you run short of invective?

Here you go - plenty to choose from:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=thesaurus&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

No need for a Thesaurus. I'll just describe your behavior. So far we have 'liar' and 'faulty ethics'.
0 Replies