Who here is super jealous...

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 03:12 pm
I am writing this on my new Kindle Fire HDX? Yay me!

Discuss or carry on! Mr. Green

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
chai2

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 06:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Back in the day, in my 20's, I was extremely jealous. Then again, at that time my boyfriend cheated on me multiple times. There was a period of a few of those years that I was addicited to him.

After him, I never had a problem with anyone I dated, was intimate with, or married to. I guess I learned my own worth.

As far as being jealous of others possessions, their apparant lifestyle, etc....not after I learned the heartaches and problems some people had, whose lives looked perfect on the surface.

Jealousy takes up too much energy.

It's like the Tracy Chapman song says...

"This youthful heart can love you, and give you what you need.
But I'm too old to go chasing you around, wasting my precious energy."

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 07:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Love the Kindle Fire - ours is only HD - but still awesome.

soooooo a wee bit jealous but perhaps not as much as you'd hoped Wink

I am amazed every time I use it how much I can do with it. It does more than my first ($5000?) p.c. could do, at a stupid fraction of the cost.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Any advantages to that over a damn good kindle plus an iPad?

If there aren't any major ones then I ain't jealous! Happy that you are happy, but no green eyes.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 10:05 pm
My eyes are green, but I have a Kindle DX or so, and that's plenty for me...
but then again I've never been jealous, envious or any other emotion that is wasted energy.

I am thrilled for you though, tsar - congratulations!! Cool Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 01:04 am
Maybe I'd be jealous if I knew what the hell a Kindle (Kindle Fire) was. But since I don't, I'm not.

My eyes are green regardless of whether I'm jealous or not.
roger

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 01:37 am
@Roberta,
I'm not jealous for exactly the same reason.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 02:16 am
@tsarstepan,
Jealousy has never been in my nature.

Enjoy your new Kindle Fire HDX
in the best of good health in great beauty.

David
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 05:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Looks like an iPad. What does it do that an iPad doesn't do?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 01:51 pm
Not jealous.

I use a Google Nexus, which I love.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 03:22 am
I'm jealous of the fact that you know what a Kindle Fire HDX is, and you know how to work it. I'm not at all jealous about you owning one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:03 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Not jealous.

I use a Google Nexus, which I love.

What's that?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:41 am
@dlowan,
A Google Nexus is a Google branded bargain basement tablet. It's even cheaper then the Kindle.
George
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 08:06 am
Don't walk into any walls.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 08:07 am
@tsarstepan,
Thank you......I've heard of those.

I'd be interested if you'd answer my question about whether your super kindle has any advantages over a good normal kindle plus an iPad.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:15 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Thank you......I've heard of those.

I'd be interested if you'd answer my question about whether your super kindle has any advantages over a good normal kindle plus an iPad.

A normal/plain jane Kindle is basically an E-reader and nothing else. A Kindle Fire HDX (the top of the line Kindle tablet) is compatible to the iPad but I can assume the iPad is far more technically advanced (hardware wise) then the Kindle (though I think the screen resolution is similar HD). The iPad is also several hundred dollars more then the Kindle Fire HDX.

I love the Amazon Kindle Fire because it's built to specifically use with Amazon Prime streaming service in mind. Plus Amazon owns Audible.com and I can imagine (haven't used the Kindle audiobook reader app) is pretty slick as well. I have a lot of audiobooks in that Audible library so I plan on restarting that subscription again. I'm not a fan of Apple's IOS proprietary DRM either. I prefer Amazon digital music, etc... over iTunes.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:32 am
@tsarstepan,
In comparing IPad and Kindle Fire HD screens side by side - the Kindle screen resolution totally rocks it. Given all the free apps you can get now, there's not too much I want on the IPad that isn't available for the Kindle Fire - at a significant fraction of the cost.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:34 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
whether your super kindle has any advantages over a good normal kindle plus an iPad.

you don't need an iPad if you have a Kindle Fire - less to carry around when you're travelling.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 11:58 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

In comparing IPad and Kindle Fire HD screens side by side - the Kindle screen resolution totally rocks it. Given all the free apps you can get now, there's not too much I want on the IPad that isn't available for the Kindle Fire - at a significant fraction of the cost.

I definitely understand how anemic both the Microsoft app store (I have a Microsoft phone) and the Kindle App store are compared to the Apple app and Android (Google) app stores. Sad but true. Razz
ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 12:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I get most stuff through Android (my smartphone) and then just move it over to Kindle (I suspect I'm not supposed to do that).

I avoid Apple products - they're pretty but not worth the premium $ they charge.
0 Replies