Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 07:26 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 763 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Solon

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 07:33 pm
The criterea for Bush's running mate, popularity being the foremost, can't be justified by the false ideal that popular leaders are good leaders.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:23 pm
I'm a New Yorker myself, and while I haven't agreed with all of Guliani's decisions, I have nothing but the highest level of respect for the man.

His actions on September 11th were decisive, intelligent, dedicated and unrelenting. He was all over the city with his nose right in the mess and provided us with strong leadership.

The guy didn't rest until he was certain all the responsibilities were properly delegated, in the right hands, and flowing smoothly. The guy is a workaholic.

Bush would be smart to dump Cheney and pick up Guliani. Although, I don't know if his personality would blend with Bush's "laid back" style very well.

A very likely conversation if he gets the VP slot:

Quote:
Guliani: "What!? Your going to camp David AGAIN? Get your ass back over here... we've got work to do!"

Bush: "But...its a working vacation, Rudy..."

**slap!**

Guliani (raising his hand) "You want a fresh one? I was in CHARGE of New York motherf*cking City, and you expect me to fall for that line?"
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:27 pm
<dreaming...>
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:42 pm
Makes a lot of sense to me and ----it puts Giuliani in a perfect position to defeat Hillary in 2008----providing they can win this year.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:44 pm
Yeah. Cheney wouldn't mind. Its not like he was going to run in 2008...

Guiliani did an incredible job in NY BEFORE 911, certainly during.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:04 am
I agree with Sofia. Giuliani was one of the finest mayors that NYC ever had. He really turned the city around, even before 9/11 happened. Now if Bush stepped down, and Giuliani ran for president.......................

I can dream, can't I!!!! Surprised
0 Replies